PDA

View Full Version : assistant coaches

BB30
10-27-2016, 01:54 PM
Assuming Mullen is here next year and by some miracle makes changes to the coaching staff who do you see being gone? Also, who do you think we may hire to fill those positions? Obviously everyone wants Hev gone, so who do we replace him with? I am not up to par on my assistant coaches want list so looking for some names.

Really Clark?
10-27-2016, 02:46 PM
Honestly any name right now is useless. Not being a butt but the turnover rate this year is going to cause a big circus. Probably see more than one coach make a double move during the carousel.

BB30
10-27-2016, 02:49 PM
Honestly any name right now is useless. Not being a butt but the turnover rate this year is going to cause a big circus. Probably see more than one coach make a double move during the carousel.

Na, good response. Like I said I know very little about the asst game any info is knowledge added. I didn't think about that coming into play.

Bama_Dawg
10-27-2016, 03:59 PM
IYOK had some good names, check out that thread:

http://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?49733-IYOK

BB30
10-27-2016, 04:02 PM
IYOK had some good names, check out that thread:

http://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?49733-IYOK

Thanks!

justwin
10-27-2016, 04:10 PM
Assuming Mullen is here next year and by some miracle makes changes to the coaching staff who do you see being gone? Also, who do you think we may hire to fill those positions? Obviously everyone wants Hev gone, so who do we replace him with? I am not up to par on my assistant coaches want list so looking for some names.

KNOX.

In the past 5 years under his guidance, we got one good year from J-Rob and two years where our starting RB was the smallest guy in RB room in Perk & Holloway. That's just a complete misevaluation of talent & development. The fact that Tyler Russell was paired with Perkins a majority of the time was a complete waste of both of their talents. The 2nd half of the Ark game in 2013 where J-Rob played was the best our O looked all 2013 from simply playing the bigger, more physical RB. Every SEC team plays freshman at RB except MSU under Knox. Every one of them. Plus, I wouldn't say we've done anything exceptional on STs since he took over that role...at MSU, we need to be aggressive on STs and just don't see it. Robert Johnson should've never been on KO return. Devon Bell should've never been allowed to kick a FG his last 3 years. A good RB coach can help mask a less talented OL too. When I listen to Knox speak, I just hear white noise & if I hear that, no telling what the players in the room hear. Knox preaches how hard it is to be a complete back yada yada yada, but talent @ RB makes up so much more by playing them than any other position. I can't begin to imagine how frustrated Dontavian Lee is with Knox & it's a travesty that he has ~25 career carries three years into his career.

I'd ask T-Buck for his top 3 candidates to replace Knox. I'd have to think one would be Robert Griffith who played at Hattiesburg and then under Spurrier @ UF.

I'm not sure what kind of recruiter Knox is either. Is he doing anything exceptional there? Cam Akers doesn't even list us as a candidate. Won't even visit us. How does that happen under Knox's watch?