PDA

View Full Version : Egg Bowl & Outlook

justwin
10-27-2016, 12:22 PM
I really want hope to salvage the season and win the Egg Bowl. Seems like it's setting up for us to win in Oxford, but must continue to use our big backs rest of year as OM struggles vs the run & they may be imploding up there. Have to admit that the last two games our O has looked better giving Fitz more lanes and protections being complemented by big backs. Also, would love to see 5 deep balls / game to Gray as he's due. He gets behind defenses consistently and Fitz has too much arm for him.

Samford: I hope we do like Auburn and run it 50 times. Would love to see Aeris with 20; Lee with 10+; Gibson with 10+; Fitz with 15+ carries. Lee/Aeris/Fitz are all sophomores and need to continue to play with one another. should win this game.

TXAM: Continue on rushing the ball and have severarl designed runs for Fitz to the outside. I wonder if this will be our most complete game of the year where we continue to use our best personnel in the backfield. Gotta blow out Samford to build confidence heading into TXAM. Hopefully, TXAM sleeps on us.

Bama: loss. Would like to see our sophomore backfield hit some big runs though.

Ark: Our best chance to win besides Samford. Wealways match up well with them & maybe Ross/Gray can make some plays. We can run the ball on them. @ home

OM: We have four more games to get our running game fine tuned with the sophomores and Gibson. OM can't stop the run. Plus, Gray/Ross are better than their DBs but we need to get them the ball. Hopefully, playing Peters/McLaurin/Durr/Bryant as starters next 4 games will have them decently ready for OM WRs. Our senior laden DL needs to play inspired in their finale. I do expect MGK to make plays with his legs.

I've liked the development I've seen of Fitz. Sure, he needs to complete more deep balls and underneath checkdowns, but he's lead us to late go ahead drives recent few weeks. He seems to be getting more vocal which is good. Just now starting to carry himself with confidence on the field.

Gray. Where has he been? Seems like he's open, but just can't get to him. He needs to score soon.

Myles: big time bust this year. probably the most surprising bust of the year for me as I thought he was going to eat the guts out of defenses.

DBs: I like seeing all of the young guys playing. Bryant has not been in position enough. Preseason was thinking he'd be dynamite this year but vanishes.

Our young RBs are so much better options than the two seniors & nice to see them all finally getting PT. They all have the ability to fight and fall forward for a few more yards. Just need to stick with it when it's working ala beating UF in Gainesville several year ago.

Seems like Spencer, Simmons, and Cory Thomas have played more recently. Those three seem to be around the ball often.

Win the Egg Bowl, Dan. Win the Egg!

Apoplectic
10-27-2016, 12:27 PM
We'll be lucky not to go 0-fer the rest of the season. Can't wait for Coman and Holloway to get healthy and more PT. I may not watch another game. #danisabust

msbulldog
10-27-2016, 12:27 PM
I hope your right.

msstate7
10-27-2016, 12:29 PM
#danisabust

Wow

Todd4State
10-27-2016, 12:32 PM
I see the Egg Bowl being like the Kentucky game. Not saying we will lose on a last second field goal. Just that it will be back and forth.

Commercecomet24
10-27-2016, 12:44 PM
I see the Egg Bowl being like the Kentucky game. Not saying we will lose on a last second field goal. Just that it will be back and forth.

I think so too, but I also have a feeling some of the bears are gonna come down with season ending "injuries". Mercenaries=no loyalty, protect yourself at all costs

msbulldog
10-27-2016, 12:47 PM
Man if we win the Egg bowl there is not enough ambulances in Oxford to handle all the heart attacks at the stadium.

thf24
10-27-2016, 12:50 PM
I've been thinking OM is our best chance for a November win for a few weeks now. Earlier on Arky would be the logical choice, but I don't think this team is mentally tough enough to beat a solid, scrappy team like that. The Egg Bowl on the other hand is looking more and more winnable with OM's weaknesses being revealed and seeming to be on the edge of imploding.

msbulldog
10-27-2016, 12:55 PM
I'm hoping the locker room will be gone before the egg bowl, starting to look that way.

Todd4State
10-27-2016, 12:55 PM
I think so too, but I also have a feeling some of the bears are gonna come down with season ending "injuries". Mercenaries=no loyalty, protect yourself at all costs

Yep. And we need our corners to ball out. I think that and limiting Engram will be the key to us winning. They really aren't good at stopping the run or the pass. If by chance Georgia Southern or Vanderbilt upset them we will have a very real chance to win.

Todd4State
10-27-2016, 12:57 PM
I've been thinking OM is our best chance for a November win for a few weeks now. Earlier on Arky would be the logical choice, but I don't think this team is mentally tough enough to beat a solid, scrappy team like that. The Egg Bowl on the other hand is looking more and more winnable with OM's weaknesses being revealed and seeming to be on the edge of imploding.

Other than Samford they are.

justwin
10-27-2016, 03:33 PM
Yep. And we need our corners to ball out. I think that and limiting Engram will be the key to us winning. They really aren't good at stopping the run or the pass. If by chance Georgia Southern or Vanderbilt upset them we will have a very real chance to win.

In terms of our corners, all it takes is one or two pics to get them confident, individually & collectively. Just speaks to how important it is for Brandon Bryant to start causing some turnovers. I keep thinking of Broomfield's pic of Snead years ago and am envisioning something similar that needs to happen this year for us.

I like Peters at cb. Yes, I know he blew some coverages last week but he is improving and has a high ceiling. If he can get more comfortable finding the ball in the air, he can pic off a few more balls with his athleticism

justwin
10-27-2016, 03:34 PM
Man if we win the Egg bowl there is not enough ambulances in Oxford to handle all the heart attacks at the stadium.

always seems that the team that shouldn't win, does win the EB so there's that.

justwin
10-27-2016, 03:37 PM
We'll be lucky not to go 0-fer the rest of the season. Can't wait for Coman and Holloway to get healthy and more PT. I may not watch another game. #danisabust

I'm to the point where I just don't want us to get blown out in 4 of the remaining 5 sans Bama. If we're within or ahead by 10 points going into the 4Q of any of the remaining 4, we may steal a win or two.

Jack Lambert
10-27-2016, 03:54 PM

I think ARKY is primed to be beat after watching the beat down Auburn put on them. Our beat down wasn't nearly bad as theirs. Lets see what auburn does to ole Miss.

I think we definitely lose to A&M but I don't think it's going to be a beat down.

Commercecomet24
10-27-2016, 05:42 PM
I think ARKY is primed to be beat after watching the beat down Auburn put on them. Our beat down wasn't nearly bad as theirs. Lets see what auburn does to ole Miss.

I think we definitely lose to A&M but I don't think it's going to be a beat down.

I agree, arky defense is horrid abd their vaunted OL is getting Austin Allen put on his back more than a unm sorority girl. Also they're not run blocking as well as in the past either. They have not been impressive this year. They had 12 plays inside AM 5 yard line and came away with 3 points. Not saying we will win but we can.

Goldendawg
10-27-2016, 05:54 PM
Sorry, but baring a miracle we get skulldrug by UNM. Their DL is too quick for our OL. Their talented, tall WR's wiil catch all of Kelly's jump balls and we have no one who knows how to cover a TE, as Engram will eat us up. Holloway and Coman will be back and get reps. After watching our losses to USA, BYU, Ky, and even an AU team that was much better than I realized, I don't think we can beat any SEC team left on our schedule. I really hope we improve and you guys are right and I am wrong.

GTHOM
10-28-2016, 10:26 AM
3-9

Dental Dawg33
10-28-2016, 10:30 AM
I would love to upset a team or two outside of Samford and nothing would make me happier to take a nice dump in UNM's porridge bowl, but it doesn't look too good. I sometimes tend to be overly optimistic, but it doesn't look good from here on out after this weekend. But the Dawgs have surprised me before, in both good and bad ways.

klong-dog
10-28-2016, 12:03 PM
Sorry, but baring a miracle we get skulldrug by UNM. Their DL is too quick for our OL. Their talented, tall WR's wiil catch all of Kelly's jump balls and we have no one who knows how to cover a TE, as Engram will eat us up. Holloway and Coman will be back and get reps. After watching our losses to USA, BYU, Ky, and even an AU team that was much better than I realized, I don't think we can beat any SEC team left on our schedule. I really hope we improve and you guys are right and I am wrong.

This is how I feel. They beat us 45 - 17, 24 type of game.

maroonmania
10-28-2016, 01:00 PM
Seems like it's setting up for us to win in Oxford

Whatever you are smoking must be some good stuff.

FISHDAWG
10-28-2016, 01:52 PM
Wow

it's idiot bait ... not surprised we landed a big one

Taog Redloh
10-28-2016, 10:01 PM
We aren't beating Ole Miss. especially in Oxford.