PDA

View Full Version : Gonna be a hot one Saturday and I don't mean Mullen's seat

starkvegasdawg
10-27-2016, 07:19 AM
The game Saturday is going to be played under near record heat conditions. Record high for 10/29 is 86. Current NWS forecast is for a high of 87. I just looked at the latest runs of 4 models and they are all trending pretty close. Here are what a few models are showing the temp to be in Starkville at 1:00pm:

Nam4Km: 84
Nam: 85
GGEM: 86
GFS: 85

The one saving grace is humidity levels are forecast to be around 35% so it will not be a muggy day. Those same models had the humidity ranging from 32%-40% at 1:00pm.

But as much as it sucks to say this, if you're going to the game, wear sunscreen and stay hydrated. Going to feel more like a late September game than a late October game.

This will be my first game to get to attend this season so even with the way the season is going, still looking forward to being there. If tickets stay cheap on stubhub and similar, I think I may try to get my son to the Arkansas game. Maybe by then it will no longer feel like summer.

SaintDawg
10-27-2016, 02:05 PM
I remember two years ago, at this time of year just before an Arkansas game, it was damn near freezing and windy as hell. Damn Mississippi weather.

Bothrops
10-27-2016, 02:16 PM
Summer temps in late October suck!

starkvegasdawg
10-27-2016, 02:34 PM
I remember two years ago, at this time of year just before an Arkansas game, it was damn near freezing and windy as hell. Damn Mississippi weather.

Arkansas always seems to be a horrible weather game. If there is one game where it will be cold, rainy, or sleeting, it would always be the Arkansas game.

Bama_Dawg
10-27-2016, 04:06 PM
Arkansas always seems to be a horrible weather game. If there is one game where it will be cold, rainy, or sleeting, it would always be the Arkansas game.

Damn skippy. I remember one Arky game in the late 90s that we saw every form of precipitation. It rained, then hailed, then got cold, turned to sleet, by the end it was snowing. Snowed 6 inches in the next 2 days and we didn't go back to school until the following Wednesday.

And we stayed in that game until the end, so everyone was still there, on edge...until we lost in the 4th.

Goldendawg
10-27-2016, 06:04 PM
I hate to admit that Al Gore may have had a point about this global warming stuff!