PDA

View Full Version : As I see Ole Miss losing recruits and their impending probation...

CadaverDawg
10-26-2016, 09:08 AM
2 things come to mind....

1) I'm glad this board doesn't make coaching decisions and that Dan will likely be our coach next year.

2) How fun will it be to watch the entire SEC take out 3-4 years of frustration on Ole Miss the next several years? Do you think Saban, LSU, Sumlin, Mullen, or anybody else will feel the need to let off the gas when they are drilling those fools during their probation years? I think not.

ShotgunDawg
10-26-2016, 09:11 AM
Haha, it's going to be fun. I just hope we can counter them, but that's really two different conversations.

With them only having 10 commits right now & having lost their capacity to flip recruits, they are looking at filling 15 spots with two star type recruits. My guess is that they'll bank some schollies to see what the sanctions are. I bet they don't sign 20 guys

basedog
10-26-2016, 09:18 AM

1) I'm glad this board doesn't make coaching decisions and that Dan will likely be our coach next year.

2) How fun will it be to watch the entire SEC take out 3-4 years of frustration on Ole Miss the next several years? Do you think Saban, LSU, Sumlin, Mullen, or anybody else will feel the need to let off the gas when they are drilling those fools during their probation years? I think not.

+1 and I have the exact same thoughts on This board not being in charge. Also great comment about other schools drilling OM on recruiting.

starkvegasdawg
10-26-2016, 09:25 AM
I want tsun so beat down that GA Southern schedules them for homecoming.

CadaverDawg
10-26-2016, 09:34 AM

Speaking of Georgia Southern....

First off, I am NOT saying they will beat Ole Miss, BUT they play hard and run that triple option attack, and I wouldn't want to see them as one of my only "cupcakes" left on the schedule when I was struggling. If Ole Miss loses to Auburn, keep an eye on that game as being a little closer than expected.

ShotgunDawg
10-26-2016, 09:41 AM
I just find it amazing every time I visit Nafoom or the Spirit how delusional they are.

On Nafoom, they are talking about getting a new DC, hiring Tom Allen, how Freeze needs to shake up the staff, etc.. without ever acknowledging that Freeze ain't gonna be there & the entire staff will be fired. Tom Allen ain't coming to Ole Miss.

I've never seen so many people collectively bury their head in the sand.

Jack Lambert
10-26-2016, 09:46 AM
Speaking of Georgia Southern....

First off, I am NOT saying they will beat Ole Miss, BUT they play hard and run that triple option attack, and I wouldn't want to see them as one of my only "cupcakes" left on the schedule when I was struggling. If Ole Miss loses to Auburn, keep an eye on that game as being a little closer than expected.

OLe MIss struggle for the first half with Wofford who also runs that offense. GA Southern is no joke.

Tbonewannabe
10-26-2016, 09:47 AM

I want Dan back if we can shake up the offensive staff and hopefully he would quit meddling with the Defensive side. I think he could still be great here if he just changed a couple of things and we get some team leadership.

TrapGame
10-26-2016, 12:04 PM

Just as long as Hevesy is shown the door that's great. If he will actually capitalize on OM's grief and misfortune by bringing in stronger classes, that's better.

scottycameron
10-26-2016, 12:27 PM
Glad we decided to shit the bed at the same time they go down the toilet. It's the MSU way. I'm sure we'll be rebuilt and ready to compete again right about the time they are recovering also. For some reason it's all we know how to do.

Serious thing to think about:
If they get hammered such that they are way down for years, does that not imply that we are going to suck for years too?
Just thought of this double edged sword scenario. Don't take my word for it, go look up the histories, we just follow each other around for some dumb ass reason . Never understood it.

Commercecomet24
10-26-2016, 12:29 PM
Glad we decided to shit the bed at the same time they go down the toilet. It's the MSU way. I'm sure we'll be rebuilt and ready to compete again right about the time they are recovering also. For some reason it's all we know how to do.

If they get hammered such that they are way down for years, does that not imply that we are going to suck for years too?
Just thought of this double edged sword scenario. Don't take my word for it, go look up the histories, we just follow each other around for some dumb ass reason . Never understood it.

It sure has seemed that way hasn't it? As long as I can remember.

JDog13
10-26-2016, 01:59 PM
Haha, it's going to be fun. I just hope we can counter them, but that's really two different conversations.

With them only having 10 commits right now & having lost their capacity to flip recruits, they are looking at filling 15 spots with two star type recruits. My guess is that they'll bank some schollies to see what the sanctions are. I bet they don't sign 20 guys

They haven't lost their ability to flip. The chance of sanctions isn't gonna stop that money changing hands. If they get the type of sanctions they should, they'll be back competing in 2 years with a new & improved network.

Todd4State
10-26-2016, 03:13 PM

There is a way around to prevent it. Hire a new coach in the offseason that can re-energize the fan base and recruit well.

But thank God I don't make the decisions for MSU.**

Ifyouonlyknew
10-26-2016, 03:18 PM
They haven't lost their ability to flip. The chance of sanctions isn't gonna stop that money changing hands. If they get the type of sanctions they should, they'll be back competing in 2 years with a new & improved network.

If they get the sanctions they should they won't be back competing in 2yrs.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
10-26-2016, 03:34 PM

Ole Miss's mantra has been that they want to be relevant in the SEC...little did they know that their desire would lead to being even more irrelevant than before.

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
10-26-2016, 04:07 PM

+1 You can always count on Vegas for a good one...

SDDawg
10-26-2016, 10:09 PM
If they get the sanctions they should they won't be back competing in 2yrs.

More like 5 years but I expect to see the Mississippi Landsharks make a comeback (someday).

SheltonChoked
10-27-2016, 11:29 AM
If they get the type of sanctions they should, they'll be back Playing football in 2 years.

FIFY

FISHDAWG
10-27-2016, 01:00 PM
There is a way around to prevent it. Hire a new coach in the offseason that can re-energize the fan base and recruit well.

I thank him as well

Todd4State
10-27-2016, 01:03 PM

I thank him as well

You must not like winning then.

basedog
10-27-2016, 01:18 PM

You must know a coach that can re-energize the fan base and be an awesome recruiter Todd. I mean we've done that now for over a 100 years of football!****************

Show me some that we can get? I'm anxious who you know that can or will do that for Msu.