PDA

View Full Version : OT: Warriors got crushed

GTHOM
10-25-2016, 11:50 PM
The spurs absolutely destroyed the super team 129-100. I hope the Thunder blows them out and Westbrook dunks on Durant. Mainly because Im a thunder fan and I have a severe dislike for Durant.

JohnnyQuid
10-26-2016, 01:42 AM
I was a thunder fan because of durant. he's got size and a skill set that is rarely seen more than once in a generation. when he went to GS he lost me completely it was just so shitty.

don't really care about the NBA and start following when playoffs hit but KD ****ed up imo. dirk was my favorite for ages and other than LeBron will possibly be now once again. GS might win it all this year but it will add nothing to KD resume

MaxedOutMaroon
10-26-2016, 08:07 AM
I don't know how they expect to win the playoffs with a thin bench. They will have a good mid season and probably win the regular season West title. But with that bench I don't see an NBA title this year. However, I'm just predicting, they could win it all

DudyDawg
10-26-2016, 08:16 AM
I don't know how they expect to win the playoffs with a thin bench. They will have a good mid season and probably win the regular season West title. But with that bench I don't see an NBA title this year. However, I'm just predicting, they could win it all

The bench isn't even their biggest issue. The problem they will have, that will likely sink them in the playoffs, is a sever lack of rebounding and shot blocking. Durant is a good rebounder at the 3, but if you go small with he and draymond at 4-5, you can't rebound and you sure as hell cant block shots. Add that to the fact that none of those stars can guard a paper bag outside, and they are going to have problems. They'll score, but they can't stop dribble penetration and have no bigs to clean up with shot blocking or rebounds. I think you'll see them giving up 115+ a lot. Especially against teams with good bigs like the spurs and cavs

smootness
10-26-2016, 08:24 AM
The spurs absolutely destroyed the super team 129-100. I hope the Thunder blows them out and Westbrook dunks on Durant. Mainly because Im a thunder fan and I have a severe dislike for Durant.

Haha ok

smootness
10-26-2016, 08:26 AM
The bench isn't even their biggest issue. The problem they will have, that will likely sink them in the playoffs, is a sever lack of rebounding and shot blocking. Durant is a good rebounder at the 3, but if you go small with he and draymond at 4-5, you can't rebound and you sure as hell cant block shots. Add that to the fact that none of those stars can guard a paper bag outside, and they are going to have problems. They'll score, but they can't stop dribble penetration and have no bigs to clean up with shot blocking or rebounds. I think you'll see them giving up 115+ a lot. Especially against teams with good bigs like the spurs and cavs

Their death lineup has been elite offensively and defensively, and the only difference is that they replace Harrison Barnes with Kevin Durant. Their best lineup has always played Green at the 5.

DudyDawg
10-26-2016, 08:47 AM
Their death lineup has been elite offensively and defensively, and the only difference is that they replace Harrison Barnes with Kevin Durant. Their best lineup has always played Green at the 5.

They used iggy a lot in that lineup guarding The best perimeter guy. They won't be able to do that now, without sacrificing someone. And they lost ezeli and bogut, their only rim protectors. It makes perimeter D easier for a curry or klay when you can get in someone knowing that if they beat you off the bounce you have a shot blocker. They lost that. They will be very far from elite defensively with the 4 stars together

All it took last night was the spurs high-low with Pau and Aldridge in the half court and they couldn't defend it.

GreenheadDawg
10-26-2016, 08:50 AM

I hate the thunder because of Westbrook. That guy is an arrogant clown. Durant was the only good thing about that team

DudyDawg
10-26-2016, 08:53 AM
I hate the thunder because of Westbrook. That guy is an arrogant clown. Durant was the only good thing about that team

Curry is arrogant as hell

BeastMan
10-26-2016, 09:00 AM
This isn't an OT thread. NBA is back baby. You can't glean too much from 1 night but the Cavs roster looks sick. Everybody went crazy over Durant's punk ass going to GS but the Cavs built the deepest roster in the league. I was glad to see GS go down.

BeastMan
10-26-2016, 09:04 AM

I take it you have followed that story. Westbrook is the team guy and Durant wasn't. Durant was the arrogant one that needed his ego stroked. That story has done a 180 since that assumed narrative you hold popped up 4ish years ago. Westbrook is a class dude. Both Jordan & Kobe have said he's their favorite player. I linked 2 articles that reenforce what I'm saying. I'd build a franchise around Westbrook, not a soft cry-baby quiter weirdo like Durant

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/russell-westbrook-on-kevin-durants-selfless-motivation-to-leave-thats-cute-185712618.html

https://www.google.com/amp/www.si.com/nba/2015/04/01/russell-westbrook-oklahoma-city-thunder-sports-illustrated%3famp=1?client=safari

msstate7
10-26-2016, 09:05 AM
This isn't an OT thread. NBA is back baby. You can't glean too much from 1 night but the Cavs roster looks sick. Everybody went crazy over Durant's punk ass going to GS but the Cavs built the deepest roster in the league. I was glad to see GS go down.

When we start putting players back in the NBA, I'll end by boycott haha

DudyDawg
10-26-2016, 09:10 AM
I take it you have followed that story. Westbrook is the team guy and Durant wasn't. Durant was the arrogant one that needed his ego stroked. That story has done a 180 since that assumed narrative you hold popped up 4ish years ago. Westbrook is a class dude. Both Jordan & Kobe have said he's their favorite player.

Yeah all Durant has done this offseason is take pot shots at OKC and Westbrook. He's shown his true colors this summer. You can hate or love his move, but for me the reason to dislike Durant is the shit he's been saying to the media.

BeastMan
10-26-2016, 09:27 AM
Yeah all Durant has done this offseason is take pot shots at OKC and Westbrook. He's shown his true colors this summer. You can hate or love his move, but for me the reason to dislike Durant is the shit he's been saying to the media.

100%. And he's started doing weird things like getting 2 huge tattoos of men on him since he left. Westbrook was keeping him halfway in check. Now he's in a very loose run organization. The Thunder basically cloned the Spurs in how they want to be as an organization.

Read up on the way Durant left. He told all the brass in OKC he was staying. He goes on a vacation at Martha's Vineyard and his entourage corners him and basically held him until he signed with GS. Durant isn't his own man. He has a big entourage while Westbrook has the same people around him since UCLA (his family).

Dawg61
10-26-2016, 10:23 AM

Curry is arrogant as hell

Love Westbrook he plays so damn hard all the time. Agreed on Curry

Shooter McGavin
10-26-2016, 10:42 AM
Durant is a better defender than Harrison Barnes yet him being in the small lineup will some how make it worse defensively? Sure that makes sense.

Why can't you still use Iguodala on the best perimeter guy? Durant can guard the 4 and will do it better than Barnes ever did. I'm not suggesting he will lock down another teams 4 but he can hold his own.

The bench has to play better but it was ONE game. Golden State will figure it out.

BeastMan
10-26-2016, 11:28 AM
Durant is a better defender than Harrison Barnes yet him being in the small lineup will some how make it worse defensively? Sure that makes sense.

Why can't you still use Iguodala on the best perimeter guy? Durant can guard the 4 and will do it better than Barnes ever did. I'm not suggesting he will lock down another teams 4 but he can hold his own.

The bench has to play better but it was ONE game. Golden State will figure it out.

Draymond Green is their 4 a lot of the time. Plays bigger than his size. I agree it will take some time to cook up some new chemistry but I think there might not be enough shots to pass around. Especially Green, because I don't see Steph or Klay cutting back and you have to get Durant his.

DudyDawg
10-26-2016, 11:41 AM

I disagree on Durant. If he is the 4 against teams like Clippers or Spurs where he has to guard a 4 that can post him, he will struggle on that end.

DudyDawg
10-26-2016, 11:42 AM
I realize it is one game, but it did highlight some issues. Also draymond green being a cancer in the locker room is will probably cause some issues.

smootness
10-26-2016, 11:46 AM
They used iggy a lot in that lineup guarding The best perimeter guy. They won't be able to do that now, without sacrificing someone. And they lost ezeli and bogut, their only rim protectors. It makes perimeter D easier for a curry or klay when you can get in someone knowing that if they beat you off the bounce you have a shot blocker. They lost that. They will be very far from elite defensively with the 4 stars together

All it took last night was the spurs high-low with Pau and Aldridge in the half court and they couldn't defend it.

Why would playing Iggy on the best perimeter player now not be an option? Barnes and Durant have almost the exact same defensive rating in their careers.

And the 'death lineup' has been the Warriors' best defensive lineup, better than any lineup with Bogut in it. While Bogut's minutes will be missed, this isn't going to suddenly turn the Warriors into an average defensive team.

smootness
10-26-2016, 11:48 AM
I disagree on Durant. If he is the 4 against teams like Clippers or Spurs where he has to guard a 4 that can post him, he will struggle on that end.

The Warriors don't really play a traditional man-to-man defense, especially not with the 'death lineup'. That lineup will continue to be elite defensively.

DudyDawg
10-26-2016, 11:58 AM
The Warriors don't really play a traditional man-to-man defense, especially not with the 'death lineup.

Which is why they will have problems against those teams with a post up 4. All it took last night was Pau and LA in high low and they couldn't stop them. When they don't play traditional, i.e. Switch constantly, they will be punished by teams with a post up 4 bc it will be Durant on the 4 or a small getting switched to him. Clippers probably won't give them as much trouble with 2 bigs because deandre Jordan can't do anything but dunk so they can dig and double the post on Blake Griffin. Can't do that against the spurs. The death lineup isn't defensively elite, they are elite at playing fast and shooting. Spurs slowed that unit down last night and dominated inside and on the glass bc the warriors lost 3 7footers. They will struggle defensively inside

GTHOM
10-26-2016, 12:08 PM
The Cavs have a much better overall roster than the Warriors. Also, anybody who thinks Westbrook was the arrogant one in OKC hasnt been paying attention. Durant isnt as good as Westbrook, he's not the leader he is, and he's not the defender he is. Thunder were up 3-1 as you all know and Durant proceeded to have the worst 4th quarters of his career and blew it in game 6 and 7

smootness
10-26-2016, 01:02 PM
Which is why they will have problems against those teams with a post up 4. All it took last night was Pau and LA in high low and they couldn't stop them. When they don't play traditional, i.e. Switch constantly, they will be punished by teams with a post up 4 bc it will be Durant on the 4 or a small getting switched to him. Clippers probably won't give them as much trouble with 2 bigs because deandre Jordan can't do anything but dunk so they can dig and double the post on Blake Griffin. Can't do that against the spurs. The death lineup isn't defensively elite, they are elite at playing fast and shooting. Spurs slowed that unit down last night and dominated inside and on the glass bc the warriors lost 3 7footers. They will struggle defensively inside

Have those teams given them particular trouble in the past?

And yes, the death lineup is absolutely defensively elite.

smootness
10-26-2016, 01:04 PM
The Cavs have a much better overall roster than the Warriors. Also, anybody who thinks Westbrook was the arrogant one in OKC hasnt been paying attention. Durant isnt as good as Westbrook, he's not the leader he is, and he's not the defender he is. Thunder were up 3-1 as you all know and Durant proceeded to have the worst 4th quarters of his career and blew it in game 6 and 7

You're also a Thunder fan with a severe dislike of Durant.

DudyDawg
10-26-2016, 01:19 PM
Have those teams given them particular trouble in the past?

And yes, the death lineup is absolutely defensively elite.

No, but they had Andrew bogut, Festus Ezeli, and Mo Speights. They got KILLED on the glass last night.
ETA- disagree on them being elite. Draymond, yes, Klay is a good perimeter guy, but steps can't guard and Durant can't down low.
ETA 2- I still think they are the 1 seed in the west, will be in the conference finals. I don't think they'll win it all though. Especially if they play San Antonio

GreenheadDawg
10-26-2016, 01:28 PM
I take it you have followed that story. Westbrook is the team guy and Durant wasn't. Durant was the arrogant one that needed his ego stroked. That story has done a 180 since that assumed narrative you hold popped up 4ish years ago. Westbrook is a class dude. Both Jordan & Kobe have said he's their favorite player. I linked 2 articles that reenforce what I'm saying. I'd build a franchise around Westbrook, not a soft cry-baby quiter weirdo like Durant

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/russell-westbrook-on-kevin-durants-selfless-motivation-to-leave-thats-cute-185712618.html

https://www.google.com/amp/www.si.com/nba/2015/04/01/russell-westbrook-oklahoma-city-thunder-sports-illustrated%3famp=1?client=safari

You can link 100 articles. I can't stand the guy. His little dances and bullshit he does. On the court, Westbrook looks like the arrogant one to me. But I don't watch NBA until playoffs so maybe I just caught him a couple bad times

smootness
10-26-2016, 02:09 PM
No, but they had Andrew bogut, Festus Ezeli, and Mo Speights. They got KILLED on the glass last night.
ETA- disagree on them being elite. Draymond, yes, Klay is a good perimeter guy, but steps can't guard and Durant can't down low.
ETA 2- I still think they are the 1 seed in the west, will be in the conference finals. I don't think they'll win it all though. Especially if they play San Antonio

And this year they have Zaza Pachulia, Anderson Varejao, JaVale McGee, and Damian Jones. The guys you listed are mostly just bodies, and they replaced them.

I don't care what you think their 1-on-1 defensive abilities are; the reality is that their death lineup, the one with Curry, Thompson, Igoudala, Barnes, and Green has been elite defensively and has destroyed teams. That is a fact.

DudyDawg
10-26-2016, 02:26 PM
And this year they have Zaza Pachulia, Anderson Varejao, JaVale McGee, and Damian Jones. The guys you listed are mostly just bodies, and they replaced them.

I don't care what you think their 1-on-1 defensive abilities are; the reality is that their death lineup, the one with Curry, Thompson, Igoudala, Barnes, and Green has been elite defensively and has destroyed teams. That is a fact.

McGee is a nutcase and didn't play last night, as did Varejao as far as meaningful minutes that I can remember. Anderson couldn't get on the floor over those 3 "bodies" last year (which includes an established vet, freak 7 foot athlete who unlike McGee has a head on his shoulders and can defend in Ezeli, and a former #1 pick). All of their bigs this year are a significant downgrade from last season. Zaza is a decent player, but he is not as good as any of the other 3 they lost. Look at last nights rebound margin for the first 3 quarters before the game was decided.

They haven't destroyed teams bc of lock down defense. They ran and shot people out of the building. Durant is also not as consistent defensively as Barnes, he's got too many offensive responsibilities. I don't know how you can call it a fact that they are elite when only 1 of them is an elite defender and he's undersized by about 4 inches, and also completely disregard 1 on 1, you know, DEFENDING.

San Antonio showed the blue print last night: kill them on the glass, slow the game down when you play the first unit and run the bench to death.

Shooter McGavin
06-13-2017, 01:56 PM

Hey Smoot, I think this thread deserves a bump. We tried to tell them. Looks like replacing Harrison Barnes with Kevin Durant worked out pretty well.

shannondawg
06-13-2017, 04:24 PM
They have voted not to visit the Whitehouse since they haven't been invited.

TUSK
06-13-2017, 10:16 PM
Dayum.... that's a helluva "bump".....

Where's that "Miles>Saban" thread, when ya need it?