PDA

View Full Version : Stricklin posts his Thank you letter on Facebook

ScoobaDawg
10-25-2016, 04:32 PM
https://scontent-dft4-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/14702436_10207890014150413_6777823791865214551_n.j pg?oh=f98b3934b47b6f1dd78fbfc10a194690&oe=58970EE8

Spiderman
10-25-2016, 05:51 PM
https://scontent-dft4-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/14702436_10207890014150413_6777823791865214551_n.j pg?oh=f98b3934b47b6f1dd78fbfc10a194690&oe=58970EE8

Well.........Bye

Maroonthirteen
10-25-2016, 05:53 PM
Hollow words.

Nm

RocketDawg
10-25-2016, 06:13 PM
Yeah, he sent an email also.

Ranchdawg
10-25-2016, 07:16 PM
Well? 17 him and don't let doorknob hit him on the ass on the way out! Yes he did good things while here and yes his diploma says MSU but how could you leave our/his university? Still feels like traitor to me!

maroonmania
10-25-2016, 07:35 PM
Yeah, whatever.

Commercecomet24
10-25-2016, 07:40 PM
Well.........Bye

Curly Bill-Tombstone. Great movie!

RocketDawg
10-25-2016, 07:56 PM
Well? 17 him and don't let doorknob hit him on the ass on the way out! Yes he did good things while here and yes his diploma says MSU but how could you leave our/his university? Still feels like traitor to me!

I guess I don't see the traitor aspect. Lots of us have left the state upon graduation and never moved back, nor do we intend to. Does that make us traitors? Why is Stricklin any different?

DownwardDawg
10-25-2016, 07:59 PM
Curly Bill-Tombstone. Great movie!

One of the best ever!!!!

Todd4State
10-25-2016, 08:02 PM
Or maybe Stricklin was worried that Keenum was about to move him after the football season?

Joe Schmedlap
10-25-2016, 08:24 PM
He's no longer on our team, so shut up and leave already.

Coackjek
10-25-2016, 08:35 PM
I guess I don't see the traitor aspect. Lots of us have left the state upon graduation and never moved back, nor do we intend to. Does that make us traitors? Why is Stricklin any different?

I'm with you. I guess we just have some hyper sensitive fans. Had he stayed longer they they would have given him the LT treatment, but since he's leaving on his terms they want to give him grief. Sometimes there needs to be a new set of eyes to get to the next level. You don't have to plateau to make that change. Sometimes if the right hire is made the momentum you have doubles or triples.

Commercecomet24
10-25-2016, 08:36 PM
One of the best ever!!!!

Watch it every time it comes on!

DownwardDawg
10-25-2016, 08:49 PM
Watch it every time it comes on!

I tell my crew at work sometimes, "It's like playing cards with my brothers kids". Lol

LC Dawg
10-25-2016, 09:16 PM
I haven't read the letter and probably won't. I appreciate what Stricklin did for us but he left so I say just move along and be a Gator. My guess is the letter is like a girlfriend breaking up with you but wanting to remain friends. No thanks. I don't hate the guy. If he comes back to Starkville one day I'd let him buy me a beer.

DancingRabbit
10-25-2016, 09:36 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cvp6gCrVYAA3Vrt.jpg

DownwardDawg
10-25-2016, 10:07 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cvp6gCrVYAA3Vrt.jpg

Hahaha!!!

ScoobaDawg
10-25-2016, 10:50 PM

Exactly. I'll support him the same as I do Greg Byrne. If you can't see he moved on to something better than I'm sorry for you.

JohnnyQuid
10-26-2016, 02:46 AM
Or maybe Stricklin was worried that Keenum was about to move him after the football season?

oh good God.

stop

Jarius
10-26-2016, 07:28 AM
Byrne wasn't one of "ours". It's makes us look like small potatoes when we can't keep an AD that graduated from our university from going to the same position somewhere else (we are small potatoes compared to Florida but oh well). The only thing that bothered me was him saying that it wasn't about the money. If it wasn't about the money then screw you Scott. I'm all for you bettering your family situation, but if we offered you something comparable then you just turned your back on your family and it looks like you just wanted out. Maybe he was just giving lip service about the money.

Bama_Dawg
10-26-2016, 07:50 AM
Exactly. I'll support him the same as I do Greg Byrne. If you can't see he moved on to something better than I'm sorry for you.

+1

smootness
10-26-2016, 08:10 AM
Byrne wasn't one of "ours". It's makes us look like small potatoes when we can't keep an AD that graduated from our university from going to the same position somewhere else (we are small potatoes compared to Florida but oh well). The only thing that bothered me was him saying that it wasn't about the money. If it wasn't about the money then screw you Scott. I'm all for you bettering your family situation, but if we offered you something comparable then you just turned your back on your family and it looks like you just wanted out. Maybe he was just giving lip service about the money.

It was a step up in his career, and he took it. As just about everyone here would.

How many State graduates perform a job that they could conceivably perform at State? And how many actually do?

HSVDawg
10-26-2016, 08:25 AM

If it wasn't at least partially about the money, he wouldn't have turned it down the first time they offered it to him.

Bully13
10-26-2016, 08:44 AM
It was a step up in his career, and he took it. As just about everyone here would.

How many State graduates perform a job that they could conceivably perform at State? And how many actually do?

"just about everyone would". sorry, can't accept that. if it were me, I know good and GD well I would not. if my college was paying me $500K as the AD, no way in hell I bolt for UF. what a defeatist attitude of those say it is cool what he did. I guaranGDtee you if an UF AD bolted for MSU the UF boards would be lit up with disdain for the decision. but I guess since we are "little ol' MSU" we have to take it in the ass.

17 that. I hope Scott fails his ass off and gets fired eventually. I do not tolerate disrespect for MSU.

DeviousDawg
10-26-2016, 09:00 AM
I always thought Scott was a little bitch, now I think he's a big ole bitch.

He could never say no to anyone here, and that's exactly why UF hired him. One day he will regret making the move.

maroonmania
10-26-2016, 09:18 AM

Then you can feel sorry for me. What's better in eyes of one person doesn't make it better in the eyes of another. People are looking for different things. If you paid me 500K to be the leader of athletics at my alma mater I would MUCH rather spend my energies trying to make my alma mater the best it could be as opposed to taking the SAME job at an opposing school in the SAME conference for a little more money. Hard to know how much more because the offer originally reported from FL was not what he got and nobody knows for sure what we actually countered with. But either way Scott Stricklin was being paid handsomely for what he does. Now, every time FL plays MSU Scott Stricklin's job will be to do whatever he can in his power to see that FL beats MSU in that sporting event. That is just not what I would want to be doing. If Scott had left us and we were FCS and he was going to FBS or even if we were a non-P5 school and he left to go to a P5 school in a better conference then I would be fine with it but not to go to a sister school in the same conference just because they have a larger budget in a more populated state. I don't know what Scott's end goals are but Sankey isn't going anywhere in the near future if that was the reason. Just hard to compare running athletics at your alma mater versus some other random school to taking an engineering job in one state or another for a little more money. The same connection is not there so its really apples and oranges.

Political Hack
10-26-2016, 09:30 AM
I always thought Scott was a little bitch, now I think he's a big ole bitch.

He could never say no to anyone here, and that's exactly why UF hired him. One day he will regret making the move.

While I tend to agree that he was a "bend, don't break" manager, I think he made the right move. For his family, financially, it makes a lot of sense. Take a 5-10 year vacation to the beach saying "ok" and "yes sir" o Foley, Spurrier, and the Bull Gators and then retire. He's got it made.

Maroonthirteen
10-26-2016, 09:42 AM
It is certainly his prerogative to take the same job in conference. If that is what he wants.

However he lost all credibility to tell anyone how wonderful MSU and Starkville is.

Analogy, your girlfriend dumps you for someone else. She tells you how awesome you are and it was a difficult decision. Just stfu and leave.

maroonmania
10-26-2016, 09:51 AM
Just stfu and leave.

This is my attitude as well but instead we will probably give the guy a ticker tape parade when he comes back into town when we host FL for a game. We can all say "we still love you, we all know how much better Florida is than 'ol MSU anyway".

RougeDawg
10-26-2016, 09:55 AM
oh good God.

stop

Stop what? Keenum relieved SS of his football duties after Mullen's 2nd off season of whoring. Mainly because SS would not stand up to and put his foot down on Mullen and his antics. Add the fact that SS had very little say so in the hiring of Howland and you see the hand writing on the wall. Then Dan hires Sexton shortly after all of this and one should easily see that all parties involved were provided a professional opportunity to get out before being forced out.

LanceHarbor
10-26-2016, 09:58 AM

Mississippi is an economic, health and educational sinkhole. Why one wouldn't leave if a good opportunity were presented defies logic. Especially if you doubled your salary.

smootness
10-26-2016, 11:41 AM
"just about everyone would". sorry, can't accept that. if it were me, I know good and GD well I would not. if my college was paying me $500K as the AD, no way in hell I bolt for UF. what a defeatist attitude of those say it is cool what he did. I guaranGDtee you if an UF AD bolted for MSU the UF boards would be lit up with disdain for the decision. but I guess since we are "little ol' MSU" we have to take it in the ass.

17 that. I hope Scott fails his ass off and gets fired eventually. I do not tolerate disrespect for MSU.

Well, a move to MSU from Florida for an AD would not be a step up. Sorry, that's just a fact.

And I can pretty much guarantee you if State was paying you $500,000 and you were offered $1.4 million elsewhere, you would at least entertain the idea of leaving. This is his career. What do you do for a living?

smootness
10-26-2016, 11:43 AM
Then you can feel sorry for me. What's better in eyes of one person doesn't make it better in the eyes of another. People are looking for different things. If you paid me 500K to be the leader of athletics at my alma mater I would MUCH rather spend my energies trying to make my alma mater the best it could be as opposed to taking the SAME job at an opposing school in the SAME conference for a little more money. Hard to know how much more because the offer originally reported from FL was not what he got and nobody knows for sure what we actually countered with. But either way Scott Stricklin was being paid handsomely for what he does. Now, every time FL plays MSU Scott Stricklin's job will be to do whatever he can in his power to see that FL beats MSU in that sporting event. That is just not what I would want to be doing. If Scott had left us and we were FCS and he was going to FBS or even if we were a non-P5 school and he left to go to a P5 school in a better conference then I would be fine with it but not to go to a sister school in the same conference just because they have a larger budget in a more populated state. I don't know what Scott's end goals are but Sankey isn't going anywhere in the near future if that was the reason. Just hard to compare running athletics at your alma mater versus some other random school to taking an engineering job in one state or another for a little more money. The same connection is not there so its really apples and oranges.

Ok, and you're not Scott Stricklin. Aside from the fact that you can't know how you would feel without being in the situation, he may have slightly different priorities. The bottom line is that he did great things here for his alma mater. The fact that he left should in no way erase those things. It just means he wasn't here forever.

ScoobaDawg
10-26-2016, 11:59 AM
Stop what? Keenum relieved SS of his football duties after Mullen's 2nd off season of whoring. Mainly because SS would not stand up to and put his foot down on Mullen and his antics. Add the fact that SS had very little say so in the hiring of Howland and you see the hand writing on the wall. Then Dan hires Sexton shortly after all of this and one should easily see that all parties involved were provided a professional opportunity to get out before being forced out.

Funny you keep stretching your line of thinking each time you post more and more.
http://mattforney.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Conspiracy-Theory-1024x729.jpg

You REALLY believe all of that stufff could happen and then Florida would still consider him as one of the top AD choices in America?
Not believing it.

maroonmania
10-26-2016, 01:01 PM
Ok, and you're not Scott Stricklin. Aside from the fact that you can't know how you would feel without being in the situation, he may have slightly different priorities. The bottom line is that he did great things here for his alma mater. The fact that he left should in no way erase those things. It just means he wasn't here forever.

Sure, he has the right to go. Never said he didn't if that's what he wants to do. I just don't need a sappy letter from him on the way out. And whatever he did for us while he was here, given he is now still in the same conference, he technically is working against us going forward.

maroonmania
10-26-2016, 01:03 PM
Well, a move to MSU from Florida for an AD would not be a step up. Sorry, that's just a fact.

And I can pretty much guarantee you if State was paying you $500,000 and you were offered $1.4 million elsewhere, you would at least entertain the idea of leaving. This is his career. What do you do for a living?

Well, first, he isn't getting $1.4 mil from Florida, its closer to $1 mil per year. And we counter offered more than the current 500K (rumor was around 750K). He'll make more money but you seem to be trying to exaggerate the point.

smootness
10-26-2016, 01:05 PM
Sure, he has the right to go. Never said he didn't if that's what he wants to do. I just don't need a sappy letter from him on the way out. And whatever he did for us while he was here, given he is now still in the same conference, he technically is working against us going forward.

Well, according to half this board, that should still be a good thing for us, given how terrible Stricklin supposedly was at his job.

smootness
10-26-2016, 01:07 PM
Well, first, he isn't getting $1.4 mil from Florida, its closer to $1 mil per year. And we counter offered more than the current 500K (rumor was around 750K). He'll make more money but you seem to be trying to exaggerate the point.

He also doesn't pay state income taxes there.

Regardless, it was a step up in his career with a raise. Hardly anyone here would turn that down if given the option. It's fine if you don't want to read his letter, but it doesn't make him a terrible guy or a traitor.

rbdog82
10-26-2016, 02:12 PM
He also doesn't pay state income taxes there.

Regardless, it was a step up in his career with a raise. Hardly anyone here would turn that down if given the option. It's fine if you don't want to read his letter, but it doesn't make him a terrible guy or a traitor.

+1

It's not about the money. Anyone that knows the Stricklin family knows they're an incredibly humble family. They don't flaunt anything and are the furthest thing from materialistic that you'd meet.

Political Hack
10-26-2016, 02:29 PM
+1

It's not about the money. Anyone that knows the Stricklin family knows they're an incredibly humble family. They don't flaunt anything and are the furthest thing from materialistic that you'd meet.

He took the job for 1 of 2 things: 1) money or 2) further career progression (SEC office, here I come).

All y'all remember that before we go and create a highe divide between us and Strick. He's likely headed to BHam at some point in his future. And if we're still friendly, it'll pay dividends for his alma mater.

DancingRabbit
10-26-2016, 02:33 PM
Scott's new contract is $1.08M per year. He will be paid $250K every two years in retention bonuses.

So, as long as he's there he'll earn $1.2M per year, before performance bonuses. Max salary with performance bonuses is $1.4M per year.

maroonmania
10-26-2016, 02:54 PM
Scott's new contract is $1.08M per year. He will be paid $250K every two years in retention bonuses.

So, as long as he's there he'll earn $1.2M per year, before performance bonuses. Max salary with performance bonuses is $1.4M per year.

Maybe that's word poorly but if he gets a 250K bonus "every two years" then that equates to 125K/yr. So I see he can get 1.2M/yr which would include a bonus but where does the 1.4M enter the picture?

DancingRabbit
10-26-2016, 03:06 PM
Maybe that's word poorly but if he gets a 250K bonus "every two years" then that equates to 125K/yr. So I see he can get 1.2M/yr which would include a bonus but where does the 1.4M enter the picture?

Max salary with performance bonuses is $1.4M per year. He basically gets $1.2M just for showing up. Performance incentives could raise that up to $1.4M. The details of the performance bonuses haven't been released, as far as I can tell.

Jarius
10-26-2016, 03:21 PM

If someone offered me twice My salary to leave MSU I would take it as well. I wouldn't tell everyone that's not what it's about though. Don't piss on my Head and tell me it's raining. Just leave.

Also, most people on here make about a tenth of what Striklin makes so taking a pay cut to work at MSU is a much bigger deal to them than someone that makes a half million dollars a year.

smootness
10-26-2016, 05:55 PM
If someone offered me twice My salary to leave MSU I would take it as well. I wouldn't tell everyone that's not what it's about though. Don't piss on my Head and tell me it's raining. Just leave.

Also, most people on here make about a tenth of what Striklin makes so taking a pay cut to work at MSU is a much bigger deal to them than someone that makes a half million dollars a year.

I get not really caring what he has to say now that he's gone; that's fine.

But twice a salary is twice a salary, no matter what the absolute value of that salary is. It's all about standard of living; at $500,000/year, your standard of living is still going to increase a lot by jumping up to over $1 million/year.

DancingRabbit
10-26-2016, 06:26 PM
Aside from the big salary bump is the challenge and opportunity to manage a top 5, maybe top 7-8 athletic program. Managing a top 5 Director's Cup program.

And since he was going to be runnoft from here, why not go for it. **

RougeDawg
10-26-2016, 10:40 PM
Funny you keep stretching your line of thinking each time you post more and more.
http://mattforney.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Conspiracy-Theory-1024x729.jpg

You REALLY believe all of that stufff could happen and then Florida would still consider him as one of the top AD choices in America?
Not believing it.

No I don't. You have selective memory. Go read all of my posts before you come with your conspiracy bullshit and make yourself look stupid. Just because I don't post the entire story in each post doesn't mean I didn't lay it all out initially. Nice try.

I posted way back when that Keenum had told both Mullen and SS to shape up or ship out and that SS was going to be held accountable to Mullen and whether or not he made the changes put forth. Both were told what was going to happen. Your point about Florida wanting him after all of this is moot. Why would Florida have first hand knowledge of what went on behind closed doors? Most of all why would. Acid rent coach lie about all of this if his name was in the requests for a raise?

Do more research before posting an asinine ignorant accusation.

smootness
10-27-2016, 11:57 AM
No I don't. You have selective memory. Go read all of my posts before you come with your conspiracy bullshit and make yourself look stupid. Just because I don't post the entire story in each post doesn't mean I didn't lay it all out initially. Nice try.

I posted way back when that Keenum had told both Mullen and SS to shape up or ship out and that SS was going to be held accountable to Mullen and whether or not he made the changes put forth. Both were told what was going to happen. Your point about Florida wanting him after all of this is moot. Why would Florida have first hand knowledge of what went on behind closed doors? Most of all why would. Acid rent coach lie about all of this if his name was in the requests for a raise?

Do more research before posting an asinine ignorant accusation.

I promise if you somehow knew what went on behind closed doors, Florida could easily find out as well.

ScoobaDawg
10-27-2016, 05:58 PM
I promise if you somehow knew what went on behind closed doors, Florida could easily find out as well.

Exactly... Rouge just thinks he knows shit noone else could possibly know. He doesn't
Internet cred busted.