PDA

View Full Version : Raise your kids right!

KentuckyDawg13
10-25-2016, 10:38 AM
This is awesome, even though it is a UofL Card thing.
Little girl accidentally cheered for UK..!

http://www.cardchronicle.com/2016/10/23/13371934/little-girl-accidentally-cheers-for-kentucky-football-is-mortified

Outside Dawg
10-25-2016, 11:42 AM
Thats awesome.

Taog Redloh
10-25-2016, 12:09 PM
I think I'd rather raise my kids to not place as much importance on college sports as we all do.

gtowndawg
10-25-2016, 12:35 PM
I have two boys that really enjoy it. They are 7 and 9. I just try to emphasize (as much as possible) being together at games (or watching together on TV) is the most important thing. I'm hoping they will enjoy going to games together after I'm gone one day.

mparkerfd20
10-25-2016, 01:13 PM
I think I'd rather raise my kids to not place as much importance on college sports as we all do.

Agree. That video was not awesome. It was sort of disturbing to be honest. While I joke and pick with my kids too about who we cheer for I've done something wrong if they feel like that precious little girl in the video did. Now when their 8, 9, 10+ that may be a different story. :p

Maroonthirteen
10-25-2016, 01:37 PM

Yep. Years ago..... I never understood how my older friends let their kids go to Ole Miss. However, now that the shoe is on my foot, I understand. I haven't discouraged my oldest kid in the least to go to Ole Miss games. All her friend's families are OM fans and she gets invited to games. She enjoys it. Too bad she won't have a team to root for soon but she is having a good time now. I am happy for her.

starkvegasdawg
10-25-2016, 02:17 PM
I can't get the video to load here at work and my phone can't get a signal worth a wet fart in here so I am only speaking in generalities. But I don't want my kids associated in any shape, form, or fashion with TSUN. Here's why. What are they known for? What do they just wrap themselves up in like a warm blanket on a cold winter's night? They honestly think they are better than everybody else. They are conceited, egotistical, and look down on everybody else. Rules dont' apply to them because they think they are better than everybody else. That's why you have the NCAA about to break one off. It's why you have major donors serving time in federal prison. It's why they look down on people who may have a different skin color and put nooses on statues and have to have the US 17ing Army force integration. No, I will always hate ole miss and everything they stand for. With my kids 7 and 9 I don't go into that kind of detail with them, but they know I hate that place with a passion. I want nothing good for that place. I revel in any bit of bad news tied to that institution. If that makes me a bad person then so be it. I'm a bad person.