PDA

View Full Version : Just in from the game. Observations (if anyone cares)

CadaverDawg
08-31-2013, 09:03 PM
First off, thank you EliteDawgs. The game was fun and the sideline passes were awesome. I will post some pics from the sideline when I get back to Mississippi tomorrow or Monday.

As for the game....

We looked great on the first two possessions, but once Russell threw that pick he was done. After that it seemed like every time we called a pass play, Russell tried to audible to a run like he was scared. Our offensive playcallers didnt help him any, they were ****ing horrible. We have no imagination, no creativity, and it looked like we haven't changed shit since last season....may have even gotten worse. Les needs to go or Mullen AND Les need to go. This offense is unacceptable in year 5 of a former OC's head coaching career.

We have talent at WR and will be ok if Russell can get his head out of his ass, but I was extremely disappointed in our 5th year Senior. JRob is clearly our best RB, and like I have been saying for a year, Perkins needs to be used on 3rd downs and passing situations when people dont expect a run as much. Our offense is easy enough to defend due to a lack of offensive playcalling by our offensive staff, so when you put a 190 lb dancer next to a QB with no run threat....it's easy to stop our run game. Robinson runs downhill and looks like a mini Anthony Dixon to be.

Defensively we were very improved and it was exciting to watch. Once the new QB came in and they figured out that Autry would over-pursue EVERY play and take himself out of position, they were able to mix it up and get it going against us. We havent figured out how to stop the spread, but we are much better it appears. Overall we should have won the game based on defensive performance, but our offense was so damn horrendous that the defensive performance was wasted. That will be the only game of the year that OSU will win scoring 21 points. We made their defense look like the damn 49ers, and that D will end up ranked near the bottom of the Big12 I would bet.

Devon Bell.....What the ****? You are a former high school bad ass kicker, you do NOTHING but practice field goals every day, and you cant make a ****ing chip shot? Get your head out of your ass and start living up to expectations. Bell hasn't improved a lick, and that will cost us games this year.

Overall, the game was a fun experience (although I almost knocked a Cowboy fan out for talking shit to two of our nicest fans at the game) and our crowd wasn't huge, but loud. I think we will get a little more offense going and will be ok, and I'm stoked about the D. We should be in a lot of games this year but we will have to have Russell step up to win them. We left at least 13 points on the board today, so I feel like OSU was about a TD better than us overall. Gotta score at least a FG after the kick return, gotta make the chip shot FG, gotta lateral the ball or shake the last man on the blocked FG and get in the end zone right there before the Half. I'm very very disappointed in the offense, but I'd be lying if I said I'm shocked. I've been telling you guys for 2 years that no matter how many changes we make on O, unless we get under center we will not have a solid offense with Russell at QB. We didn't change shit from last year so everybody that was saying that....see. And how about getting a new running play, Mullen? I was calling the offensive plays one after another in the stands....do you not think if I can do that the Defensive Coordinator can? Unreal. It literally looked like the offense didn't even go through spring and fall camp, but the defense did.

We better score 60 points against Alcorn and we better look good doing it. I'm sick and tired of this lame ass shit of an offense Mullen is throwing out there. An experienced line, Senior QB, Senior RB, and WR's that were getting open today....and we can't score a ****ing TD against a Big12 Defense???? UN****INGACCEPTABLE. Ok St fans were saying after the game that that was the best their defense has looked in their lifetime against ANYBODY. Think about that.

I'm not saying it's doom and gloom time, but our offense better wake up or it will be a long year. We Should win 6 games with our D playing like they did today, but we'll see. Very disappointed in Mullen, Les, and Russell though, just can't say that enough.

Fun time though and we have some great fans. Outclassed OSU and made a lot more noise.

DapperDawg
08-31-2013, 09:44 PM
It's obvious that J-Rob is the best back, but Mullen continues to play Perkins most. I think Mullen shows favoritism to upper-classmen, over more talented or better-suited guys, a la Russell over Prescott. He needs to start focusing on wins over favoritism or feelings or whatever the hell he's basing his personnel decisions on.

This game was truly sickening to watch. I, too, cannot express how much I hate our lack of an offense. I wouldn't mind jamming the play sheet, that Mullen kept cluelessly nibbling on, down his throat.

godlluB
08-31-2013, 09:44 PM
Thanks for writing this. I had to listen to the first three quarters on the radio. I told my wife at one point that either our defense was really good, or their offense sucked. That said, I'm not sure our offense has converted a third down since JWS was coaching.

WeWillScrewItUp
08-31-2013, 09:50 PM
From what I saw today I couldn't agree with you more CD. I am curious if Griffin isn't healthy yet since he got no reps. I am a huge fan of his and wish he could get and stay healthy. He could be a beast.

Bully13
08-31-2013, 09:54 PM
Our OL sucks johnson and we will suck johnson all year .....enjoy...

HereComesTheSpiral
08-31-2013, 09:56 PM
It's obvious that J-Rob is the best back, but Mullen continues to play Perkins most. I think Mullen shows favoritism to upper-classmen, over more talented or better-suited guys, a la Russell over Prescott. He needs to start focusing on wins over favoritism or feelings or whatever the hell he's basing his personnel decisions on.

This game was truly sickening to watch. I, too, cannot express how much I hate our lack of an offense. I wouldn't mind jamming the play sheet, that Mullen kept cluelessly nibbling on, down his throat.

Or he shows his incompetence, Ballard-Perkins combo worked. I have Nick Griffin to step into ballards role, let's make Perkins the every down guy. Un-****ing-believable. People say Croom squandered talent, Mullen has put a ****ing exponent on the number of talents he has wasted.

Bully13
08-31-2013, 10:00 PM
we have no OL so all this shit is moot

FlabLoser
08-31-2013, 10:01 PM
Our OL sucks johnson and we will suck johnson all year .....enjoy...

When you have our RBs and when you can throw OK like we can...and you still can't run the ball, I have to look at the OL.

Dawgowar
08-31-2013, 10:06 PM
My experience with the OSU fans was positive. They were in awe of our defense, said they could not remember anyone shutting them down for a half like that.

They were worried....till they saw our offense wasn't going to make a thing happen.

Agree TR seems snakebit. Would take a page out of Jimmy Johnson's book and yank him but backup QB's are usually in the category of the grass being greener.

Not giving up but glad the nfl starts next week. Need that futility to take mymind off the dawgs after each saturday

Bully13
08-31-2013, 10:08 PM
I'm starting back with golf on Saturdays...**** MSU football.. wake me up when this cluster 17 is over...

signed

rip van winkle

MarketingBully01
08-31-2013, 10:10 PM
Cadaver, do you feel if we hadn't abandoned the passing game and actually passed it instead of running it we would have won? Their secondary was always their weak spot on their D. I thought Russell was passing well and our guys were always wide open. People saying our OLine sucks aren't really judging it fairly. When a defense pens it's ears back and blitzes, puts eight men in the box and dares you to throw it and you still run it of course you aren't going to move the ball. Someone said that Mullen said he was regretful that he didn't take more chances in the passing game and was trying to bring the receivers along slowly. If this is true, IMO that is why we lost the game. Our guys were open and when we threw it to them they caught it for the most part. If we aren't going to pass it and have a prolific passing game, why do we have Russell out there. I just wanted to ask your opinion since you were there but I think if we stayed with the passing game we win this game going away.

CadaverDawg
08-31-2013, 10:12 PM
My experience with the OSU fans was positive. They were in awe of our defense, said they could not remember anyone shutting them down for a half like that.

They were worried....till they saw our offense wasn't going to make a thing happen.

Agree TR seems snakebit. Would take a page out of Jimmy Johnson's book and yank him but backup QB's are usually in the category of the grass being greener.

Not giving up but glad the nfl starts next week. Need that futility to take mymind off the dawgs after each saturday

Most OSU fans were nice. But we had one next to us that was silent until OSU went up 14-3 and then he just picked these two extremely nice State fans to start talking that "Must be that Big12 offense! Where is y'alls SEC defense??! SEC my ASS!!".....So I promptly told him to shut the **** up and told him to quit being a douche in front your family because you're embarassing them. I also told him that it's pretty sad for him to beat his chest for struggling to beat the 8th best team in the SEC when they are supposed to be the class of the Big12. He promptly shut his damn mouth. But overall, the OSU fans were great before and after the game. Our fans were great too

Jacksondevildog
08-31-2013, 10:15 PM
I already feel Russell is gun shy. Him getting hurt is only going to make things worse.

CadaverDawg
08-31-2013, 10:28 PM
Cadaver, do you feel if we hadn't abandoned the passing game and actually passed it instead of running it we would have won? Their secondary was always their weak spot on their D. I thought Russell was passing well and our guys were always wide open. People saying our OLine sucks aren't really judging it fairly. When a defense pens it's ears back and blitzes, puts eight men in the box and dares you to throw it and you still run it of course you aren't going to move the ball. Someone said that Mullen said he was regretful that he didn't take more chances in the passing game and was trying to bring the receivers along slowly. If this is true, IMO that is why we lost the game. Our guys were open and when we threw it to them they caught it for the most part. If we aren't going to pass it and have a prolific passing game, why do we have Russell out there. I just wanted to ask your opinion since you were there but I think if we stayed with the passing game we win this game going away.

I pretty much agree and say yes to everything you just said. We zipped down the field on the first two drives and then completely abandoned our passing game. I have no clue why we did that. It was almost like we went into clock running mode to try and shorten the game but we shouldn't have because the D was playing great and the O was working. When they snuffed out Tyler's hot route read to Perkins on the blitz and got the interception...it totally mind ****ed Russell in my opinion. I think that made him lose confidence in his ability to check down, and from that point on he was behind on his passes, timid to throw, and audibled to a run every time a pass was thrown. If he is going to be a puss, then we need to go with Dak. And if Mullen and Les aren't going to commit to a passing attack with Russell, he is useless to us. Our young receivers needed no coddling today, they were getting open and catching things for the most part. That is a horse shit excuse by Mullen if he said that he was trying to bring them along slowly.

Our Oline sucks because everyone in the ****ing stadium knows when we are going to run it, how we're going to run it, and who is going to run it, because our QB can't run and our playcalling is predictable. It is NOT on the OLine. They protected the QB, and they can provide some running lanes if we could get creative or line up under center and run the damn ball like a SEC team instead of like a damn sunbelt finesse pussfest. I cannot understand how people cant see how easy it is to defend our O. We run a dual threat system with a non dual threat QB...NOTHING HAS CHANGED. The whole point of the spread is to confuse defenses by having two running options in the backfield as well as a passing option complete with playaction.....but ours is worthless bc our QB doesn't provide a run threat, so the deception is not there. It's a terrible system for Russell and what we saw today did nothing but make what I've been saying the last two years correct. I think we can win 5-6 games and that's it. We should be better next year (this year if we go to the Dak spread), but if not next year then Mullen needs to go because it will never happen if this years or next years offense can't move the ball well.

All of the "fire Mullen" shit is stupid at this point though. We will be better than we were today on offense the rest of the year. Just a shitastic performance against a decent team. Our D will keep us in a lot of games this year.

HereComesTheSpiral
08-31-2013, 10:39 PM
I pretty much agree and say yes to everything you just said. We zipped down the field on the first two drives and then completely abandoned our passing game. I have no clue why we did that. It was almost like we went into clock running mode to try and shorten the game but we shouldn't have because the D was playing great and the O was working. When they snuffed out Tyler's hot route read to Perkins on the blitz and got the interception...it totally mind ****ed Russell in my opinion. I think that made him lose confidence in his ability to check down, and from that point on he was behind on his passes, timid to throw, and audibled to a run every time a pass was thrown. If he is going to be a puss, then we need to go with Dak. And if Mullen and Les aren't going to commit to a passing attack with Russell, he is useless to us. Our young receivers needed no coddling today, they were getting open and catching things for the most part. That is a horse shit excuse by Mullen if he said that he was trying to bring them along slowly.

Our Oline sucks because everyone in the ****ing stadium knows when we are going to run it, how we're going to run it, and who is going to run it, because our QB can't run and our playcalling is predictable. It is NOT on the OLine. They protected the QB, and they can provide some running lanes if we could get creative or line up under center and run the damn ball like a SEC team instead of like a damn sunbelt finesse pussfest. I cannot understand how people cant see how easy it is to defend our O. We run a dual threat system with a non dual threat QB...NOTHING HAS CHANGED. The whole point of the spread is to confuse defenses by having two running options in the backfield as well as a passing option complete with playaction.....but ours is worthless bc our QB doesn't provide a run threat, so the deception is not there. It's a terrible system for Russell and what we saw today did nothing but make what I've been saying the last two years correct. I think we can win 5-6 games and that's it. We should be better next year (this year if we go to the Dak spread), but if not next year then Mullen needs to go because it will never happen if this years or next years offense can't move the ball well.

All of the "fire Mullen" shit is stupid at this point though. We will be better than we were today on offense the rest of the year. Just a shitastic performance against a decent team. Our D will keep us in a lot of games this year.

What you said about running spread with a passing QB, says we have wasted what he brings to the table. Dan doesn't play to the talent he has, he plays to his way, and we get bullshit like we saw today. **** it, I'm over it, if he can't figure out the changes he needs to make to put his best players in the best position to win, he has to go. He has all the pieces, he just can't put them together. Time to move on like a bad relationship, not working, cut the losses and go.

MarketingBully01
08-31-2013, 10:40 PM
Thanks for confirming my suspicions. Great analysis btw!

CadaverDawg
08-31-2013, 10:45 PM
What you said about running spread with a passing QB, says we have wasted what he brings to the table. Dan doesn't play to the talent he has, he plays to his way, and we get bullshit like we saw today. **** it, I'm over it, if he can't figure out the changes he needs to make to put his best players in the best position to win, he has to go. He has all the pieces, he just can't put them together. Time to move on like a bad relationship, not working, cut the losses and go.

I disagree. Like I have said many times, you can't expect him to bench our best QB recruit ever....but at the same time, he has had 3 years to change the offense and hasn't, so that part I can give you. However, this is NOT the time to fire him. Next year we will have a helluva group of RB's, a very experienced OLine returning, and some serious targets in the receiving game. Plus, our defense should be legit. When you combine that with the fact that Mullen will HAVE TO go with his best style of offense....we should have our best chance at success since the Relf years. You gotta let him coach Dak in the spread one year....however, I wouldnt mind if the Dak era started next Saturday. Otherwise we will be watching this coaching staff try to jam a square peg in a round hole with Russell for the rest of the season, and it isn't going to be any better offensively this year than last....maybe even worse

CowtownDawg
08-31-2013, 10:47 PM
We will be better than we were today on offense the rest of the year. Just a shitastic performance against a decent team.

Honestly, what makes you think so? The team we played today has no where near the ability of most defenses we will play in conference this year. This was not a decent team on defense. As you said, our young & inexperienced WRs were getting open, but we weren't doing anything with it. What is going to happen when we play SEC corners who can play tight man? Only way I see a real chance for actual sustained improvement on offense is if we really do make Dak the starter. As you said, Russell got mind ****ed tonight. If that happened against a B12 team ranked in the 100s in pass D last season, Russell is going to get gang raped by SEC secondaries.

CadaverDawg
08-31-2013, 10:54 PM
Honestly, what makes you think so? The team we played today has no where near the ability of most defenses we will play in conference this year. This was not a decent team on defense. As you said, our young & inexperienced WRs were getting open, but we weren't doing anything with it. What is going to happen when we play SEC corners who can play tight man? Only way I see a real chance for actual sustained improvement on offense is if we really do make Dak the starter. As you said, Russell got mind ****ed tonight. If that happened against a B12 team ranked in the 100s in pass D last season, Russell is going to get gang raped by SEC secondaries.

That's what I'm saying though, we can't get worse than today offensively, so I think we will be better. As much as everyone is wanting to fire Mullen in emotional posts tonight...he is not completely incompetant. He will get things going a little bit offensively. We will gain a lot of confidence next weekend and get some young guys some reps. And if Russell DOESN'T get it going, we will see Dak and the Relf Coast sooner than later. Remember, Mullen doesn't have to worry about Russell tranferring or looking bad for benching him this year like he would have at the end of last year....so he will/should have a quick trigger.

Take your emotions out of it and just look at the bone headed mistakes, horrible audibles, and horrible play calls today. Those will not continue if this staff and QB have any pride or wits about them. We will be ok, it's far too early to panic. To be honest, I was pretty happy leaving the game because our defense showed improvement. Yes, our O sucked, but It was somewhat what I expected until Russell graduates. As much as Goat will hate to admit it, I'm right about the Russell thing.

I wasn't expecting us to win like some of you were, so the loss didn't kill me. And the defense is what will keep us in games, and they appear to be somewhat "back". So all in all, I expect us to be in a lot of games this year, and I expect improved offense whether it be with Russell getting his head out of his ass...or else with Dak because we will bench Russell if he is too scared to let it rip

HereComesTheSpiral
08-31-2013, 11:01 PM
I disagree. Like I have said many times, you can't expect him to bench our best QB recruit ever....but at the same time, he has had 3 years to change the offense and hasn't, so that part I can give you. However, this is NOT the time to fire him. Next year we will have a helluva group of RB's, a very experienced OLine returning, and some serious targets in the receiving game. Plus, our defense should be legit. When you combine that with the fact that Mullen will HAVE TO go with his best style of offense....we should have our best chance at success since the Relf years. You gotta let him coach Dak in the spread one year....however, I wouldnt mind if the Dak era started next Saturday. Otherwise we will be watching this coaching staff try to jam a square peg in a round hole with Russell for the rest of the season, and it isn't going to be any better offensively this year than last....maybe even worse

I see what you're saying, but I'm tired of next year. We have been saying that for to many god damn years. Are we going to be Bama? **** no. Am I happy with 8 wins a year? **** yes. I have seen nothing that says "next year" will be the year. If we are playing for next year every year, then **** it, get rid of the program and put everything into baseball. He got the Cadillac given to him, and gave us pinto performance.

CowtownDawg
08-31-2013, 11:04 PM
That's what I'm saying though, we can't get worse than today offensively, so I think we will be better. As much as everyone is wanting to fire Mullen in emotional posts tonight...he is not completely incompetant. He will get things going a little bit offensively. We will gain a lot of confidence next weekend and get some young guys some reps. And if Russell DOESN'T get it going, we will see Dak and the Relf Coast sooner than later. Remember, Mullen doesn't have to worry about Russell tranferring or looking bad for benching him this year like he would have at the end of last year....so he will/should have a quick trigger.

Take your emotions out of it and just look at the bone headed mistakes, horrible audibles, and horrible play calls today. Those will not continue if this staff and QB have any pride or wits about them. We will be ok, it's far too early to panic. To be honest, I was pretty happy leaving the game because our defense showed improvement. Yes, our O sucked, but It was somewhat what I expected until Russell graduates. As much as Goat will hate to admit it, I'm right about the Russell thing.

I agree we won't get worse (which would be hard), just not convinced yet we will get better. We looked like a flaming turd bag against an average B12 defense. I want to believe that Mullen will get things fixed, but he doesn't look to give a shit when he is pacing the sideline chewing on his play cards. There is just a vacant stare as we are getting anally abused. It is the same look he had against Bama, A&M, OM, NW last year. I hope we see Dak sooner rather than later; it is needed if we want to have an offense this year.

I will admit I'm emotional, but what is driving the emotion is the mistakes, horrible play calls, etc. Normally, I would chalk some of that up to first game rust & such. However, it is the same thing we saw the 2nd half of last season. That fact gives me little confidence that the staff will get it corrected, at least on the offensive side. I was very pleased with the defense today. If you told me yesterday that we held OSU to 21, I would have said we pulled off the upset. Defense looked worlds better than late last season. Still plenty of room for growth & improvement, but you can see we are on track on D.

Goat will never admit anything. He has never been wrong, just ask him.

CadaverDawg
08-31-2013, 11:06 PM
I see what you're saying, but I'm tired of next year. We have been saying that for to many god damn years. Are we going to be Bama? **** no. Am I happy with 8 wins a year? **** yes. I have seen nothing that says "next year" will be the year. If we are playing for next year every year, then **** it, get rid of the program and put everything into baseball. He got the Cadillac given to him, and gave us pinto performance.

I'll be happy with 6 wins against this schedule. If you guys want to be pissed at something, be pissed that we scheduled Oklahoma State as our first game. Teams like Bama and LSU do that shit, not teams that are thrilled with 8 win seasons like us. Me and Hack have been saying this shit since the game was scheduled, and unfortunately we knew what was going to happen. Now we have to scramble for 6 wins. We should be 1-0 with a win over Tulane today and a big showdown with Alcorn next weekend....but we got greedy and now everybody is seeing why MSU shouldn't get greedy.

BoomBoom
08-31-2013, 11:10 PM

We have seen Mullen enough to know he will push that square peg into that round hole all season. Some just are in denial.

CadaverDawg
08-31-2013, 11:16 PM
We have seen Mullen enough to know he will push that square peg into that round hole all season. Some just are in denial.

He wont now that Dak has experience and Russell can't transfer if he's benched. I expect Dak to be starting by SEC play if this shit keeps up that we saw today. But honestly, I would much rather Russell remove his head from his ass, Mullen start calling some ****ing football plays, and us start winning some games. I just don't have confidence Mullen knows how to do that with Russell's talent. Dak's? Yes

archdog
08-31-2013, 11:17 PM
Screw next weekend. This was the day to do it. Recruits see this shit and then watch every other team in the SEC put a football team in position to win. Who gives a shit about Alcorn. OKstate jewel of the big 12 was today. Les needs to be packing his bags. ***** offense needs to stop. Get some swag. I would rather be at work than watch this shit another game. We will probably look good against alcorn, but if we don't win by 78 points we should fire les immediately. If we don't beat Auburn and LSU by 21, les should be fired. Troy, aTm, UM are all losses because we cannot stop a fast paced spread.

CadaverDawg
08-31-2013, 11:20 PM
Screw next weekend. This was the day to do it. Recruits see this shit and then watch every other team in the SEC put a football team in position to win. Who gives a shit about Alcorn. OKstate jewel of the big 12 was today. Les needs to be packing his bags. ***** offense needs to stop. Get some swag. I would rather be at work than watch this shit another game. We will probably look good against alcorn, but if we don't win by 78 points we should fire les immediately. If we don't beat Auburn and LSU by 21, les should be fired. Troy, aTm, UM are all losses because we cannot stop a fast paced spread.

I agree that Les should be fired. He should have been fired last year. That is the one thing that Mullen should get fired over....if he doesn't fire Les after this season. Regardless of how we finish

archdog
08-31-2013, 11:21 PM
We have the talent to beat okstate. No doubt about it. Offensive coaching was the problem. If you are not going to schedule this type of team every 3-4 years you might as well take your tampons and football home. Scree a bowl game if we only get there by beating Tulane Kentucky and Arkansas.

HereComesTheSpiral
08-31-2013, 11:22 PM
I'll be happy with 6 wins against this schedule. If you guys want to be pissed at something, be pissed that we scheduled Oklahoma State as our first game. Teams like Bama and LSU do that shit, not teams that are thrilled with 8 win seasons like us. Me and Hack have been saying this shit since the game was scheduled, and unfortunately we knew what was going to happen. Now we have to scramble for 6 wins. We should be 1-0 with a win over Tulane today and a big showdown with Alcorn next weekend....but we got greedy and now everybody is seeing why MSU shouldn't get greedy.

We should be 1-0, we should have beaten the Big 12 champ, we killed ourselves and out coached ourselves. We do not play to our talent. To me, Dan is just cashing checks and saying fire me for that big check. Like I said, this next year horse shit is getting old. If we keep that slogan, then **** it, get rid of football and put everything in baseball and build god damn Busch stadium in Starkville. Dan got his facilities, stadium expansion, and everything else. Produce mother****er. Quit playing for the 1st half and then bite the clipboard whenever the going gets tough. From what I've seen, we are paying 2.6MM/year to guy that just gives up.

CadaverDawg
08-31-2013, 11:35 PM
We should be 1-0, we should have beaten the Big 12 champ, we killed ourselves and out coached ourselves. We do not play to our talent. To me, Dan is just cashing checks and saying fire me for that big check. Like I said, this next year horse shit is getting old. If we keep that slogan, then **** it, get rid of football and put everything in baseball and build god damn Busch stadium in Starkville. Dan got his facilities, stadium expansion, and everything else. Produce mother****er. Quit playing for the 1st half and then bite the clipboard whenever the going gets tough. From what I've seen, we are paying 2.6MM/year to guy that just gives up.

So in one hand you say you are happy with 8 wins a year, yet you are wanting to fire Mullen after winning 8 wins last year and now being 0-1 to #13 Ok St? Think you may be overreacting a bit?

I'm not saying Mullen may not end up needing to be fired, but saying it right now is premature. Several of our fans were saying the same thing about Cohen half way through last season (2012) too. Not saying it is going to end the same way, but it is WAY too early to be saying "Fire Mullen". Plus, how is it helping the program right now and the recruiting to start all of that. Now Freeze and Co will begin using the "Mullen won't be back anyway next year...or at least their fans don't want him to be." stuff.

HereComesTheSpiral
08-31-2013, 11:51 PM
So in one hand you say you are happy with 8 wins a year, yet you are wanting to fire Mullen after winning 8 wins last year and now being 0-1 to #13 Ok St? Think you may be overreacting a bit?

I'm not saying Mullen may not end up needing to be fired, but saying it right now is premature. Several of our fans were saying the same thing about Cohen half way through last season (2012) too. Not saying it is going to end the same way, but it is WAY too early to be saying "Fire Mullen". Plus, how is it helping the program right now and the recruiting to start all of that. Now Freeze and Co will begin using the "Mullen won't be back anyway next year...or at least their fans don't want him to be." stuff.

I'm saying my expectations aren't bama and LSU expectations. My wants are someone to be competent to give us a chance. How many games have we lost to shitty coaching? How many games did we just come out and lay a ****ing turd last year? How many times do we have to see the coach just scratch his forehead and bite the clipboard when we get down? Today, I saw no fire, I saw someone tired of being here. Well, move the **** on.

MSUTTT1
08-31-2013, 11:54 PM
The result of this game can be chalked up to coaching. We scored 3 points and have recruited on a similar level as OSU over the past 4 years. When you have relatively equal talent to your opponent and your offense is held to 3 points.....you've been out coached.

hacker
09-01-2013, 12:10 AM
god everyone calling for Mullen to be fired needs to go the **** to sleep.

In one breath, you say you are happy with 8 wins a year, the next you call for him to get fired? Apparently you've forgotten the results of the past few seasons. 8 wins right? Now, is this season over?

The D was ten times better than last year. We moved the ball fine in the first half. Then Russell lost his confidence and started playing like shit and audibling into runs. It's possible he got a minor concussion in the first half.

I agree that Koenning could get fired and no one would notice. But to call for Mullen's head after a shitty second half offensive performance against a really good opponent that we were two touchdown underdogs to.. is just asinine.

You're drunk, tired, and emotional.

hacker
09-01-2013, 12:17 AM
It's sad when the board on the MSU 247 site looks like a beacon of logic and reason in a sea of Genespage posts being pumped out on this board.

blacklistedbully
09-01-2013, 03:45 AM
god everyone calling for Mullen to be fired needs to go the **** to sleep.

In one breath, you say you are happy with 8 wins a year, the next you call for him to get fired? Apparently you've forgotten the results of the past few seasons. 8 wins right? Now, is this season over?

The D was ten times better than last year. We moved the ball fine in the first half. Then Russell lost his confidence and started playing like shit and audibling into runs. It's possible he got a minor concussion in the first half.

I agree that Koenning could get fired and no one would notice. But to call for Mullen's head after a shitty second half offensive performance against a really good opponent that we were two touchdown underdogs to.. is just asinine.

You're drunk, tired, and emotional.

We scored 3 f-ing points against OSU!! Let that sink in. 3 effin points!!! Drunk, tired & emotional doesn't change the FACT that we scored just 3 stinkin', pathetic points against a team KNOWN FOR THEIR SHITTY DEFENSE!

Mullen is supposed to be an offensive guru. All I can say right now is I was right on feeling very good about Geoff Collins. Dan sucked ass tonight, period. Don't care if Les was making the calls, Dan put him there to make those calls. Same old tired, ineffective BS we saw last year. WTF, Dan?? You're getting paid MILLIONS to accomplish something here. Nobody said you had to win the SEC, but DAMMIT, compete!!!

This shit is on Dan & Les as far as I'm concerned. I will not go another full year of watching us do this same shit we did last year. GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER DAN!!!!!!!! You're a f-ing SEC Head Coach! Act like one!

dudehead
09-01-2013, 05:37 AM
I agree that Les should be fired. He should have been fired last year. That is the one thing that Mullen should get fired over....if he doesn't fire Les after this season. Regardless of how we finish

Mullen can't fire Les because Les is doing what Mullen tells him to do. Les isn't "going rogue" calling this crap. This is Mullen's offense. Period.

Bothrops
09-01-2013, 07:57 AM
I am far less optimistic. What I saw on offense yesterday baffles the mind. Not being able to get into the end zone once is difficult to fathom. I don't think Dak is any further along than he was a year ago, and I have my doubts about his accuracy throwing downfield. Tyler has fully restored his bad habits from his freshman year, and, in addition to that, he can't mentally function under pressure anymore. I feel sorry for him. We saw the same old inept offense that took over late last season. Example, last year's A&M game, where the performance on offense was about equivalent to the Bama game..we produced a total of 13 points. We didn't score a td until the second half of that game. Well yesterday, the Rice Owls net 31 points against the Aggies at home,.. 21 in the first half. We score 13 in that game, Rice scored 31. Can anyone explain that? A trend?

Mullen was obviously pissed off yesterday in the second half. But it was like he couldn't believe what he's witnessing. Very perplexing. The look on his face was of humiliated confusion/I give up. I don't think he really knows how to rectify the situation. I guess he'll do his best.

The one positive light was the defense. Much improved! Now, if we can get them to score our touchdowns we might beat Kentucky and Bowling Green. We could win next week with Nick James at qb, but it's really looking like a 3-4 win season at this point. Agree or disagree?

99jc
09-01-2013, 09:25 AM
And against Mississippi State

WinningIsRelentless
09-01-2013, 12:35 PM

Your first sentence is the problem with 70 percent of our alum. Who gives a flying crap that he was our best qb recruit ever? The point of the matter is he isn't the best option for this team when it comes to winning games. WINNING IS ALL THAT MATTERS and when people realize this we will move forward in our athletic program.

TrueMaroon
09-01-2013, 01:28 PM
Tylet Russell is only one person. He is not bigger than the university, alumni, and fans.

Dak is the way to go.

CadaverDawg
09-01-2013, 01:30 PM
Deleted

fishwater99
09-01-2013, 03:04 PM

Good Post. Mullen just doesn't get it. Why run the ball if we are moving it in the air?