PDA

View Full Version : Question on the non-grounding call against KY at the end of the first half...

maroonmania
10-24-2016, 11:18 AM
Was that play not reviewable? They pulled the flag by saying the ball was thrown past the LOS when the replay clearly showed that it did not. They may have made the FG anyway but it would have turned it into a much, much longer FG than what was made after there ended up being no penalty.

TheRef
10-24-2016, 11:24 AM
Was that play not reviewable? They pulled the flag by saying the ball was thrown past the LOS when the replay clearly showed that it did not. They may have made the FG anyway but it would have turned it into a much, much longer FG than what was made after there ended up being no penalty.

No. Grounding calls are not available for review during a game.

BulldogBear
10-24-2016, 12:31 PM
The worst part is that whether or not it got past the LOS is irrelevant. He dropped straight back and had to get rid of it. How is that out of the tackle box? I think it was a makeup (non)call.

JohnnyQuid
10-24-2016, 01:28 PM
absolutely terrible call. wasn't out of the tackle box and didn't throw it past the line of scrimmage. due to heavy alcohol consumption I had completely forgotten this play until now but I threw a ****ing fit when it happened