PDA

View Full Version : 34 & 57

tenureplan
08-31-2013, 08:47 PM
We went under center like you wanted. We played Dak like you wanted. We scored 3 points. How are you going to not put this one on the offense and Mullen?

Coach34
08-31-2013, 09:05 PM
Uhhhhhh, I agree 100% it's on Mullen and the offense. I complained about last years offense.

I would like us to commit to Dak and run the football. We will not beat a decent team with Russell at QB throwing it 35 times/game

t45fixer
08-31-2013, 09:11 PM
Agree coach. Our OL can't defend a 3 man front. Use Dak and Ralph it

tenureplan
08-31-2013, 09:13 PM
Agree coach. Our OL can't defend a 3 man front. Use Dak and Ralph it

because when he came in we looked so much better

thf24
08-31-2013, 09:14 PM
Dak played half a quarter. With the way we started moving the ball when he came in, I think it's safe to say we would have put up a few more points if he'd played the whole game. Maybe even won, since our defense would have probably had more than six plays worth of rest in the third quarter.

This coming from a firm Russell supporter prior to this game.

t45fixer
08-31-2013, 09:18 PM
We took a sack on a 3 man rush didn't you see it?

dparker
08-31-2013, 09:19 PM
Dak played half a quarter. With the way we started moving the ball when he came in, I think it's safe to say we would have put up a few more points if he'd played the whole game. Maybe even won, since our defense would have probably had more than six plays worth of rest in the third quarter.

This coming from a firm Russell supporter prior to this game.

I don't know. He could have just started moving it because the game was in hand and OSU was getting the 2nd team some reps.

Coach34
08-31-2013, 09:19 PM
because when he came in we looked so much better

Russell led us to 1 FG attempt
Prescott led us to 1 FG attempt in less plays

FlabLoser
08-31-2013, 09:21 PM
Dak couldn't do shit on short yardage. Nobody on our team could. We had a shitty 3rd down percentage because...wait for it.....we got in 3rd and short too often.

RougeDawg
08-31-2013, 09:32 PM
Dak couldn't do shit on short yardage. Nobody on our team could. We had a shitty 3rd down percentage because...wait for it.....we got in 3rd and short too often.

Because we ran the same bullshit play in 3rd and short. We had no imagination on short yardage plays. We looked like we had a ****ing 3rd grader calling plays.

Where did the Perk swing pass go after the 1st half?

Maroon Diapers
08-31-2013, 10:21 PM
Because we ran the same bullshit play in 3rd and short. We had no imagination on short yardage plays. We looked like we had a ****ing 3rd grader calling plays.

Where did the Perk swing pass go after the 1st half?

You don't need imagination. Just line up and ram it up their ass. That's tough to do out of the shotgun with that same bullshit play. The only one we converted it seemed was when Robinson took the handoff with a head of steam right up the middle. Hell, line up under center and sneak it! This dancing around 3 yards behind the line of scrimmage when you only need to get 1 ain't gonna cut it.

Coach 57
09-01-2013, 07:26 AM
Guys the reason we lost this game is because of our offensive playcalling was horrendous! Dak still has things to work on. When we ran mid line he always gave it up to Perk & never actually read the MLB. On the one play we ran the option he didn't round it off. He went inside and had his head down. Had he pitched, we would've broke it. Go back & watch it. But these plays get better with game reps. Not practice reps the reason is because the defense isn't allowed to hit the QB. Dak needs contact to get into the flow. Our game plan was initially good. We lined to to run the ball. It worked, until they made adjustments (loading the box). Where was the HB screen when they blitzed? They dared us to throw the ball. Tyler looked flustered. He looked just like he did Vs UM & NW. Dak looked excited. Not flustered. The more reps he got the better he looked. The pick he threw wasn't his fault. Tyler's was. He threw to LdP late & off balance. The ways to fix this are simple, the question is this: Is Mullen willing to humble himself to do it. I think the answer is no, he won't. But I hope I am wrong.

Dawgface
09-01-2013, 07:49 AM
C57, you are correct. Mullen will not change because he is a stubborn ass. Dak may not be the complete answer because he needs blocking from the OL too, but he can run. Something Tyler can't do. Unfortunately even if Dak does play more, we will still have the same coaches calling the plays.

Bo Darville
09-01-2013, 08:43 AM
Guys the reason we lost this game is because of our offensive playcalling was horrendous! Dak still has things to work on. When we ran mid line he always gave it up to Perk & never actually read the MLB. On the one play we ran the option he didn't round it off. He went inside and had his head down. Had he pitched, we would've broke it. Go back & watch it. But these plays get better with game reps. Not practice reps the reason is because the defense isn't allowed to hit the QB. Dak needs contact to get into the flow. Our game plan was initially good. We lined to to run the ball. It worked, until they made adjustments (loading the box). Where was the HB screen when they blitzed? They dared us to throw the ball. Tyler looked flustered. He looked just like he did Vs UM & NW. Dak looked excited. Not flustered. The more reps he got the better he looked. The pick he threw wasn't his fault. Tyler's was. He threw to LdP late & off balance. The ways to fix this are simple, the question is this: Is Mullen willing to humble himself to do it. I think the answer is no, he won't. But I hope I am wrong.

I agree with this.