PDA

View Full Version : Bo Bounds show this morning with 2 great

cheewgumm
10-24-2016, 09:31 AM
Points.

1) Malik Dear - why is he not getting more touches?

It's silly at this point that he is not our startin RB. If he "doesn't want to"... someone talk him into it this of season. This is ludicrous.

2) State needs to hire Josh Morgan. Bounds didn't say "State" needs to. I'm adding that, but we need to snatch up all the "talent" at coaching that we can and Morgan is family.

ShotgunDawg
10-24-2016, 09:35 AM
Points.

1) Malik Dear - why is he not getting more touches?

It's silly at this point that he is not our startin RB. If he "doesn't want to"... someone talk him into it this of season. This is ludicrous.

2) State needs to hire Josh Morgan. Bounds didn't say "State" needs to. I'm adding that, but we need to snatch up all the "talent" at coaching that we can and Morgan is family.

1. I think Dear may have missed his window. Gibson & Hill are as good as Dear at RB & Williams is 90% of Dear at RB. At this point, I'd rather go with Gibson, Hill, & Williams & keep Dear in the slot with 4-5 motions into the backfield a game. Of course all this is looking towards 2017 because making moves for 2016 makes no sense

2. I'd love to hire one or both of the Morgans to replace Brad Peterson when he gets promoted to TE coach after this season.

maroonmania
10-24-2016, 11:29 AM
1. I think Dear may have missed his window. Gibson & Hill are as good as Dear at RB & Williams is 90% of Dear at RB. At this point, I'd rather go with Gibson, Hill, & Williams & keep Dear in the slot with 4-5 motions into the backfield a game. Of course all this is looking towards 2017 because making moves for 2016 makes no sense

2. I'd love to hire one or both of the Morgans to replace Brad Peterson when he gets promoted to TE coach after this season.

I'm not sure where your #1 comes from. Dear has more potential at RB than any other player on our roster IMO. Hill hasn't even signed yet and haven't really seen that much of Gibson but Dear has that low center of mass that a lot of great RBs have. Williams has done OK but he doesn't have that going for him.

ShotgunDawg
10-24-2016, 11:41 AM
I'm not sure where your #1 comes from. Dear has more potential at RB than any other player on our roster IMO. Hill hasn't even signed yet and haven't really seen that much of Gibson but Dear has that low center of mass that a lot of great RBs have. Williams has done OK but he doesn't have that going for him.

I hear you, but now your piling your best players at one position. Maybe Dear is the best of the bunch at RB, but getting Dear + the RBs on the field at the same time IMO is better

Cooterpoot
10-24-2016, 11:46 AM
The problem is Dear doesn't even average 2 catches per game or 2 carries a game. That's on our sorry coaching. 20 touches all season is a disgrace.

MaroonFlounder
10-24-2016, 11:47 AM
1. Gibson & Hill are as good as Dear at RB & Williams is 90% of Dear at RB. At this point, I'd rather go with Gibson, Hill, & Williams & keep Dear in the slot with 4-5 motions into the backfield a game. Of course all this is looking towards 2017 because making moves for 2016 makes no sense

If you're talking about Kylin Hill, he tweeted that he is having 2nd thoughts.

Tripp McNeely
10-24-2016, 12:02 PM

Hasn't he done that several times...and yet, stayed committed?

maroonmania
10-24-2016, 12:11 PM
I hear you, but now your piling your best players at one position. Maybe Dear is the best of the bunch at RB, but getting Dear + the RBs on the field at the same time IMO is better

Mixon and Thomas should be our slot guys going forward so I see no reason we can't start moving Dear into RB. Heck, we might as well move Myles back to slot where he was effective. He sure as heck isn't doing anything as an outside WR. I know we plan to bring in Hill in this class but we lose Shumpert and I don't really see Lee sticking around if he can't get any carries to speak of as a RSO.

Sacrifice
10-24-2016, 12:13 PM
The only way Hill gets more than 10 carries next season is if we have a new coach

GTHOM
10-24-2016, 12:18 PM
Malik Dear aint playing RB, doesnt matter who the coach is

Jarius
10-24-2016, 12:20 PM
Malik Dear aint playing RB, doesnt matter who the coach is

Who the hell does he think he is? This is the SEC. He will play wherever the coach tells him to play or he will sit his ass on the bench. If we have players telling coaches where they are going to play that explains a lot of our problems.

GTHOM
10-24-2016, 12:27 PM
Who the hell does he think he is? This is the SEC. He will play wherever the coach tells him to play or he will sit his ass on the bench. If we have players telling coaches where they are going to play that explains a lot of our problems.

I agree to an extent. Its easy to say that but when the kid is good enough to help you somewhere else you cant wad him up and throw him away just because he doesnt wanna play where you want him too. I actually think Mullen has handled it pretty well, he could use more touches

ShotgunDawg
10-24-2016, 12:34 PM

Yeah, I bet your an MSU fan***

Anyone who has been paying attention would know what's going on here

thf24
10-24-2016, 12:37 PM
I've already said this recently but I'm pretty sure I remember an interview in the past year in which Dear said he'd play wherever the coaches need him to. Grain of salt, ect.

Also, multiple people have said not to pay attention to Kylin Hill's twitter if you don't like emotional roller coasters.

WinningIsRelentless
10-24-2016, 01:11 PM
A kid has to want to play rb and dear had no desire to play rb. He hates contact period end of story. So he either plays slot or he quits and its that simple with him.

Jarius
10-24-2016, 01:15 PM
A kid has to want to play rb and dear had no desire to play rb. He hates contact period end of story. So he either plays slot or he quits and its that simple with him.

If he is going to quit if the coach puts him at tailback he does not need to be on our football team. I have no clue if you actually know this or if this is just he said she said, but that is a no go.

Tbonewannabe
10-24-2016, 01:28 PM
If he is going to quit if the coach puts him at tailback he does not need to be on our football team. I have no clue if you actually know this or if this is just he said she said, but that is a no go.

So would you prefer to recruit him at one position and then tell him to play the other position that he doesn't want to play? If you were hired to do one job then got there and they told you that you were cleaning toilets, are you supposed to just shut up and do your job? In the real world you could immediately look for something else but in college football you basically lose 1/4 of your career and run the risk of not having a chance at the NFL.

Jarius
10-24-2016, 01:35 PM
So would you prefer to recruit him at one position and then tell him to play the other position that he doesn't want to play? If you were hired to do one job then got there and they told you that you were cleaning toilets, are you supposed to just shut up and do your job? In the real world you could immediately look for something else but in college football you basically lose 1/4 of your career and run the risk of not having a chance at the NFL.

It's pretty easy to say "Malik, we tried you at receiver for 2 years just like we told you we would during recruitment. That is not working out and we need you at tailback. That is what is best for the team and your future as a football player." He will never play wide receiver in the NFL, but he has a shot as a tailback. Anyone that tells him differently is pumping smoke up his ass. If you tell him that and he refuses, then we have a huge disconnect between our players and coaches.

maroonmania
10-24-2016, 01:59 PM

The dude is a bowling ball and he hates contact? Does that mean he will not run routes over the middle of the field either?? Only at MSU can we have such dilemmas. Heck, WRs can take some of the nastiest shots from defenders in a game although granted they don't take the number of them RBs do.

Tbonewannabe
10-24-2016, 04:22 PM
It's pretty easy to say "Malik, we tried you at receiver for 2 years just like we told you we would during recruitment. That is not working out and we need you at tailback. That is what is best for the team and your future as a football player." He will never play wide receiver in the NFL, but he has a shot as a tailback. Anyone that tells him differently is pumping smoke up his ass. If you tell him that and he refuses, then we have a huge disconnect between our players and coaches.

I believe we have handled it better than most coaches. Do we know that it is Dear saying he wants to stay at slot or Mullen saying that he doesn't pass block well enough to get on the field at RB.

Jarius
10-24-2016, 04:47 PM
I believe we have handled it better than most coaches. Do we know that it is Dear saying he wants to stay at slot or Mullen saying that he doesn't pass block well enough to get on the field at RB.

I don't have a clue man. I don't want to talk bad about the guy if he is truly willing to play wherever he is needed (and from all the interviews I've seen he has said the right thing). People on here act like they know him (and they may for all I know) are saying that he won't play tailback. Telling someone that they don't have to play a position because they don't want to sends a horrible message to the rest of the team and I hope we haven't done that.

MaxedOutMaroon
10-24-2016, 04:58 PM
How quickly you guys move on. Just today, I've seen people jump over A. Williams and Nick tiano in favor of freshmen and recruits. Consistently, A. Williams has run the ball well and Mullen just hasn't used him correctly. He gets 4+ yards consistently. If anyone watched him in high school, he carried the ball 30-40 times and got better as the game went on. Mullen has to run him and run him more. And who knows why y'all have passed tiano already for this new guy. Don't trust Mullen that Fitz is our best QB, cause I don't buy it. I do like Gibson, Dear, and this new QB recruit, but I'm not so sure the first 2 should start at RB. However, Dear and Gibson need more touches a game. But Aeris should start and get at least 15-20 carries RTGDFB

BB30
10-24-2016, 05:07 PM
How quickly you guys move on. Just today, I've seen people jump over A. Williams and Nick tiano in favor of freshmen and recruits. Consistently, A. Williams has run the ball well and Mullen just hasn't used him correctly. He gets 4+ yards consistently. If anyone watched him in high school, he carried the ball 30-40 times and got better as the game went on. Mullen has to run him and run him more. And who knows why y'all have passed tiano already for this new guy. Don't trust Mullen that Fitz is our best QB, cause I don't buy it. I do like Gibson, Dear, and this new QB recruit, but I'm not so sure the first 2 should start at RB. However, Dear and Gibson need more touches a game. But Aeris should start and get at least 15-20 carries RTGDFB

A lot of the QB chatter is due to the fact that the "New Guy" is going to probably be the most polished QB we have signed in a long long time. He also already runs a very similar offense albeit a tad more simple than ours. If Tiano was heads above Fitz he would be playing no doubt about it. Especially after we saw all of the young guys get more reps this past week against KY. Not saying Tiano is not our guy just that there is a good chance Thompson comes in and competes immediately for the job especially being an early enrolee.

This is of course assuming the world doesn't end if Mullen is still around.

Todd4State
10-24-2016, 07:18 PM
The Dear dilemma is very simple to solve and utilizes him the best. 50% at slot WR and 50% at RB. Get him 5-10 touches a game in the passing and running game. I've never seen any football player complain about getting the ball too much!

Todd4State
10-24-2016, 07:20 PM
A lot of the QB chatter is due to the fact that the "New Guy" is going to probably be the most polished QB we have signed in a long long time. He also already runs a very similar offense albeit a tad more simple than ours. If Tiano was heads above Fitz he would be playing no doubt about it. Especially after we saw all of the young guys get more reps this past week against KY. Not saying Tiano is not our guy just that there is a good chance Thompson comes in and competes immediately for the job especially being an early enrolee.

This is of course assuming the world doesn't end if Mullen is still around.

I hope to see Tiano some this weekend.

MaroonFlounder
10-24-2016, 08:19 PM
Yeah, I bet your an MSU fan***

Anyone who has been paying attention would know what's going on here

I sent you a PM. Frankly, I'm getting tired of having to prove my fandom.