PDA

View Full Version : WMD's Armchair QB: Midget Fight Edition

War Machine Dawg
10-24-2016, 09:29 AM
Gents, the Midget Fight Edition of ACQB is up at M&WN (http://maroonandwhitenation.com/2016/10/24/msu-armchair-qb-midget-fight-edition/). Check it out, let me know what you think. I'd particularly like to discuss:

1) The more run heavy offense
2) Mullen, Sirmon, and the DC staff position
3) Fitz as QB

Fire in the Hole!

ShotgunDawg
10-24-2016, 09:39 AM
With how we are starting to run the football, this offense could take a massive leap forward by having one WR vertical threat & Fitz being able to put loft on his deep passes. Problem we don't have a tall WR with any speed.

Tbonewannabe
10-24-2016, 09:42 AM
AJ Jefferson having no impact is a huge red flag. There seems to be almost zero leadership from the seniors on this team. We don't seem to be very physical anywhere. We had too many guys on both lines just getting dominated. I mentioned to my friends that Fitz seems to block better than anyone else we have. I don't know if Fitz does everything off the field he needs to but he is one of the guys giving everything on the field. We ran more of the Relf offense and looked a lot better.

Cowboydawg
10-24-2016, 10:00 AM
AJ Jefferson having no impact is a huge red flag. There seems to be almost zero leadership from the seniors on this team. We don't seem to be very physical anywhere. We had too many guys on both lines just getting dominated. I mentioned to my friends that Fitz seems to block better than anyone else we have. I don't know if Fitz does everything off the field he needs to but he is one of the guys giving everything on the field. We ran more of the Relf offense and looked a lot better.

Absolutely agree here. I expected AJ to step up and be the leader of this team and he has completely whiffed in that department. I also expected Ross to step up and be the leader of the offense. Two guys that could have earned some money this year with some good film. Especially Ross showing he can play without Dak. He's been ok but his film won't be impressive and he definitely has not shown in leadership. AJ has definitely shown flashes in film but to disappear in that game is unexplainable.

And Fitz is definitely giving his all.

BulldogBear
10-24-2016, 10:26 AM
Lack if defense is what's breaking my heart. This is rarely a problem at MSU. We need an AD who will tell Mullen to back off the DC and just turn him loose.

tcdog70
10-24-2016, 10:26 AM
if we would have jumped out the gate running the football, instead of the cluster **** to start the game we would have won by 2 tds. Not getting a first down till late in the second quarter was just pitiful.

Hrdawg82
10-24-2016, 10:33 AM
I dont think it matters anymore. Our defense is garbage from play calling to execution, our offense is one dimensional on a good day, and our special teams is garbage from top to bottom. Our coaches dont care anymore (not icing the kicker with two timeouts left), our players dont care anymore (just watch game film). This season is finished. I refuse to watch anymore of our games. Alabama, A&M, Arky, and OM will each hang 60 on us. We are going to end up playing against potential recruits in the last 4 weeks because the scores will be so lopsided. This is a garbage product that MSU has put on the field and every human on the football teams payroll this year should be fired with extreme prejudice.

tcdog70
10-24-2016, 10:36 AM
Lack if defense is what's breaking my heart. This is rarely a problem at MSU. We need an AD who will tell Mullen to back off the DC and just turn him loose.

i can't figure out why we would not blitz their sorry QB. The only times we put pressure on him He screwed up. The prevent at the end was just pitiful. Even if you are a suckass QB you will eventually find an open receiver, if you have all day. We should have Joe Lee'ed his ass. the 3 man front is not the answer.

msstate7
10-24-2016, 10:37 AM

Not saying we have good defense or anything, but...

Total offense -- 10th in sec
Scoring offense -- 10th in sec

Total defense -- 6th in sec
Scoring defense -- 9th in sec

Defense was the problem Saturday night though