PDA

View Full Version : Something I feel the need to address

CadaverDawg
10-24-2016, 08:53 AM
I've been seeing several of our players that are venting and/or getting in back & forths with our fans on social media after these losses. Again, not all of them, but some of them. Let me first say, I do NOT agree with fans @'ing individual players and calling them out about their performance. BUT, let me explain something that I wish all of our players could read....

At MSU, we are definitely a family. And we have always prided ourselves on working hard bc the majority of us never had anything handed to us in life. We may not always be the richest or have the biggest house, or nicest car....but we know we can go to sleep at night knowing we EARNED a living and worked hard doing it. That is also the way we expect our football team to perform. Mississippi State football isn't known for Championships, but what do guys like Marcus Spears, Greg McElroy, Chris Doering, Tim Tebow and countless others say when they talk about MSU football?? They say, "regardless of whether they win or lose, you always hated playing Mississippi State because you knew you'd be spending hours in the cold tub afterwards, bc they punch you in the mouth for 4 quarters, leave it all on the field, and you feel it physically after playing them". THAT is MSU football. So you players need to realize, these fans are not out to get you....and they shouldn't @ you.....but as long as you're leaving 100% on the field 12 times per year, you will receive nothing but praise from your MSU family. Sorry, but we don't have tolerance for quitters, guys that loaf around, and people that don't give it their all on that field. We have too much pride.

So if you want the fans to quit riding you, and more importantly if you want to win football games....you have to all give total effort for 4 Q's or it will not happen. Give your opponent hell for 4 Quarters per week, and let the chips fall where they may. I can promise you the fans will have nothing but respect if you do that, and you'll be surprised at how little you'all feel the need to defend yourself too. We love our team, but you gotta give us something to be proud of. We can all handle 3-9 seasons....trust me, we're experienced....but what we can't accept is a bunch of talented guys giving 50% effort on the way to 3-9. Grind or get out...bc there's thousands of guys that would give their last breath to wear that maroon and white SEC jersey. Nobody likes being called out, I get that, but it's time to shut up and get to work, bc many of you haven't earned the right to bitch about fans yet.

Now get out there and turn this shit around. You young guys should go ahead and step up and take ownership, bc this is your team now and nobody is going to do it for you. Start your legacy now. Start what you came here to do. We've got your damn back, just give us something we can be proud to fight for. HailState

TheRef
10-24-2016, 09:16 AM
https://media.giphy.com/media/NnGGHE0muVqpO/giphy.gif

BB30
10-24-2016, 09:20 AM
Well said, fans should not be eating their own but bust ass for 4 qtrs and this would not be an issue.

ShotgunDawg
10-24-2016, 09:22 AM
Awesome Post Cadaver!!!!

When Mullen came to MSU, he wanted to raise expectations. Well...... here are your raised expectations.

DownwardDawg
10-24-2016, 09:23 AM
Greatest post I've ever read on ED. Amen brother!!!!!!!

starkvegasdawg
10-24-2016, 09:25 AM
Absolutely. I will never criticize a player giving 100%. I may crawl a coach's butt how he uses a player (Holloway), but I won't criticize Holloway because he is playing as hard as he can in the plays Mullen stupidly calls. But when I see obvious lack of effort from players then that is fair game. No, I have never directly tweeted a player and I never will. I contain my bitching and moaning to this message board. If they read it, so be it. If not, still don't care.

Like you said, 3-9 is not unchartered waters for MSU football. I'm used to it as is every other MSU fan over 9 years old. But make it an honest 3-9. Don't make it a 3-9 that could have been 5-7 or 6-6 just because you were a lazy twat and loafed off half the game. MSU was here long before you and will be here long after you are a distant memory. But while you are hear you give your best or give your scholarship to some kid that grew up being a MSU fan all his life but is having to play at another school because he was told he wasn't good enough for the SEC. I'd rather have someone with less talent that left it all out there every Saturday because he's living his dream of playing football at MSU than some entitled snot that thinks he's doing us a favor by being here and he'll play when he wants to as hard as he wants to.

BulldogBear
10-24-2016, 10:00 AM
Post of the season!!!!!!

MSU football is physical. Let me add that defense has rarely been an issue here. What we're seeing is not a Mississippi State defense and it hurts to the core that we don't have a defense others respect. That is a legacy we've destroyed with bend (but) and (don't) break.

And of course.....you must spread some reputation around, etc, etc

Drugdog
10-24-2016, 10:21 AM
Great post. That's all we ask is 100% from Players AND I REPEAT Coaches.
Is we lose so be it. But playing off a receiver 15 yards on the final drive is on the Coaches not players.

BorneDawg
10-24-2016, 10:25 AM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to CadaverDawg again.

Bubb Rubb
10-24-2016, 10:27 AM
Well said, fans should not be eating their own but bust ass for 4 qtrs and this would not be an issue.

The problem is, these players think they are giving 100% and busting their ass. Welcome to the snowflake generation.

M.Fillmore
10-24-2016, 10:59 AM
deleted.

DownwardDawg
10-24-2016, 11:05 AM
Post of the season!!!!!!

MSU football is physical. Let me add that defense has rarely been an issue here. What we're seeing is not a Mississippi State defense and it hurts to the core that we don't have a defense others respect. That is a legacy we've destroyed with bend (but) and (don't) break.

And of course.....you must spread some reputation around, etc, etc

I agree. Our defense sickens me. I hate soft.

Todd4State
10-24-2016, 11:40 AM
Great post Cadaver. And if anyone wants to see a visual example of what he is talking about go check out Jake Wimberly's Sunday chalk talk. Almost every clip was someone not hustling or giving 100% and then the play failing because of that.

But I think that attitude starts at the top even though people don't want to hear that.

State82
10-24-2016, 12:08 PM
Excellent CD. Excellent

WPDawg
10-24-2016, 01:06 PM
Good Post. Other than looking nice on your player bio, HS and juco awards get you nothing once you move up to next level. You lose the "great player" card when you graduated. If you don't like playing football anymore or don't like working hard to keep up to the playing level, then go find something else you have a passion about.

Just as teachers can only successfully improve students who want to learn, Coaches can only coach up willing souls who understand the need to improve.

Commercecomet24
10-24-2016, 01:33 PM
Amen to every word!

Dawg-gone-dawgs
10-24-2016, 02:34 PM
**Drops mic, walks off**