PDA

View Full Version : OT Indians vs Cubs WS

BB30
10-24-2016, 08:42 AM
I unfortunately started following Cleveland sports back around 97-98 and have been a fan since then of the Browns, Cavs, and Indians. I didn't realize as a young kid I had basically picked the Miss State of pro sports to follow. So clearly with the Cavs and now the Indians doing so well I am shocked and really pumped for the World Series. I know we have some guys that follow pro baseball. What are your thoughts on the Series? Any Cubs fans around? Know this is way off normal topic but at least I don't see a way this can turn into a Dan Mullen thread ha ha.

Todd4State
10-24-2016, 08:47 AM
I think the Cubs win it. They have some guys who have a history of performing well in the postseason experience with guys like Lester and Ross and it just seems to be their year.

Kluber is really good and it's interesting to see Miller and Chapman here since both were with the Yankees earlier.

That's my quick take on it.

WSOPdawg
10-24-2016, 10:33 AM
I unfortunately started following Cleveland sports back around 97-98 and have been a fan since then of the Browns, Cavs, and Indians. I didn't realize as a young kid I had basically picked the Miss State of pro sports to follow. So clearly with the Cavs and now the Indians doing so well I am shocked and really pumped for the World Series. I know we have some guys that follow pro baseball. What are your thoughts on the Series? Any Cubs fans around? Know this is way off normal topic but at least I don't see a way this can turn into a Dan Mullen thread ha ha.

Cleveland way worse than being a sports fan of MSU (six straight bowl games, numerous college world series and regional appearances in baseball). C'mon man, you can't trash us that badly. :D

starkvegasdawg
10-24-2016, 11:23 AM
He REALLY needs to throw out the first pitch.

http://img.beckett.com/news/news-content/uploads/2013/10/1989MLvaughn.jpg

Todd4State
10-24-2016, 11:30 AM
He REALLY needs to throw out the first pitch.

http://img.beckett.com/news/news-content/uploads/2013/10/1989MLvaughn.jpg

He said he was available to do so on Twitter. The should introduce him as Ricky Vaughn and have him throw the first pitch to Jake Taylor.

Dawg61
10-24-2016, 11:40 AM
Cubs are so good I don't see them losing but the Indians get home field advantage thanks to the All-Star game win by the AL. Cubs pitching is so much better than the Indians though I don't think home field will matter.

shoeless joe
10-24-2016, 12:01 PM
I think the Indians take it. Feels like it's the Cub's year, they seem unstoppable, almost like a formality at this point...so I'm goin with the tribe.

BB30
10-24-2016, 05:15 PM
Cleveland way worse than being a sports fan of MSU (six straight bowl games, numerous college world series and regional appearances in baseball). C'mon man, you can't trash us that badly. :D

Ha Ha I was born a Dog fan and have been since I can remember. I am a little younger so my first memories of State were Sherrill's good years, vaguely remember the final 4, Polk 1 and 2 and of course sitting through every single home game that Croom coached. That being said, that is a toss up(which has been harder to watch) between pulling for Cleveland in everything and State. It seems like State has just teased me my whole life. Basically up until the Cavs finally broke through and won a championship there had been no teasing so it was a little easier to deal with the constant failure. Outside of the 97 World series between the Indians and the Marlins there had just been a whole lot of suck with very little success in between then and now. The great thing about pulling for teams that don't win a lot is that when they do win it is that much sweeter.

WSOPdawg
10-24-2016, 06:00 PM
Ha Ha I was born a Dog fan and have been since I can remember. I am a little younger so my first memories of State were Sherrill's good years, vaguely remember the final 4, Polk 1 and 2 and of course sitting through every single home game that Croom coached. That being said, that is a toss up(which has been harder to watch) between pulling for Cleveland in everything and State. It seems like State has just teased me my whole life. Basically up until the Cavs finally broke through and won a championship there had been no teasing so it was a little easier to deal with the constant failure. Outside of the 97 World series between the Indians and the Marlins there had just been a whole lot of suck with very little success in between then and now. The great thing about pulling for teams that don't win a lot is that when they do win it is that much sweeter.

Ohhh, my bad, didn't take into account the Croom years (yikes!!!!)... we'll call it a draw then.