PDA

View Full Version : Need to hit the emergency break on firing Mullen...

Coach34
08-31-2013, 08:46 PM
I was not happy either and expect him to finally fix the offense, however- its gonna cost around $6MM to pull that trigger.

Not sure our guys are ready to eat that much green

godlluB
08-31-2013, 08:49 PM
Surely we have a clause in the contract somewhere that says "Your play calling and/or offense in general has to out-perform Sylvester Croom's second season."

Political Hack
08-31-2013, 08:50 PM
http://content.usatoday.com/communities/campusrivalry/post/2010/12/mississippi-state-dan-mullen-new-contract/1#.UiKdJKa9LCQ

maroonmania
08-31-2013, 08:51 PM
Haven't you heard? Stricklin already has the wheels in motion.

Goindhoo
08-31-2013, 08:53 PM
and he will just quit because slive doesnt like him.

MarketingBully01
08-31-2013, 08:56 PM
Personally, I don't know why we don't use the play calling Mullen did at Utah with Alex Smith and Chris Leak at Florida. We finally have skill players that can get separation. We should be able to crush Auburn if we use our passing attack against them. We don't always have to have a running game IF the defense is giving us the pass. Today for instance, we passed it and had a lot of success then abandoned it for the run and that is when they started stopping us. We had some success with the second drive and the run because we opened up running lanes with the pass. With Russell at QB, we won't be able to just run it at you. We will have to set up the run with the pass. I just really don't understand it. Mullen had all summer long to prepare a gameplan and that is what they came up with? I also think Ross and Wilson should get the majority of the WR snaps. They can make Russell's life much easier.

Political Hack
08-31-2013, 09:03 PM
USAToday says his buyout is $1.6M

FlabLoser
08-31-2013, 09:05 PM
How is it that Petrino, Spurrier, Gundy, and others can be the HC and pretty much the OC too but Mullen can't.

I think Mullen is a good OC. I think he is a good HC except for not being able to 1) be HC and OC together, or 2) not being able to hire/coexist with a good OC....which might make him a not-good HC.

Political Hack
08-31-2013, 09:10 PM
I think TR had a concussion at aome point during the first Qt. The earlier hits looked way worse than the one that knocked him out of the game.

I think a lot of offensive woes could be attributed to that, if that is the case.

CadaverDawg
08-31-2013, 09:13 PM
I think TR had a concussion at aome point during the first Qt. The earlier hits looked way worse than the one that knocked him out of the game.

I think a lot of offensive woes could be attributed to that, if that is the case.

Good point. That would explain a lot of the poor throws and all of the audibling into the run play every time a pass was called

dawg21
08-31-2013, 09:17 PM
This hire by Sucklin shows how bad of an AD he is. Byrne was much better. After all... The AD is totally responsible for how our offense performed. 17 it...fire everybody. Pres, fans, Merlins, the fans.

tenureplan
08-31-2013, 09:19 PM
What hire are you speaking of...rick ray?

DapperDawg
08-31-2013, 09:19 PM
Please, tell me you're not buying that shit. We sucked ass, plain and simple. Either we have little talent, or we have fully incompetent coaching, who have no clue how to use our talent.

Will James
08-31-2013, 09:20 PM
How is it that Petrino, Spurrier, Gundy, and others can be the HC and pretty much the OC too but Mullen can't.

Honestly, they are better. It'll be interesting to see the GusBus match up vs Mullenz. Id make that trade in a NYMinute

dawg21
08-31-2013, 09:31 PM
I was talking about the Mullen hire...which I was being sarcastic. I'm as pissed as anybody, but this is on Mullen. I don't know why people (in other threads) keep bring up Stricklin. Btw- OSU is more like #23. I hate our offense.