PDA

View Full Version : Walking Dead season 7 thread

starkvegasdawg
10-23-2016, 07:47 PM
Time to get this party started. Been watching the marathon off and on. From what I've been reading it's gonna be hell.

HereComesTheSpiral
10-23-2016, 08:02 PM
Hopefully they killed Carl

msstate7
10-23-2016, 08:05 PM
They are gonna make us wait as long as possible

Mjoelner34
10-23-2016, 08:09 PM
Hopefully they killed Carl

starkvegasdawg
10-23-2016, 08:16 PM
Sadly, I believe Coral is spared. Mother dick.

DownwardDawg
10-23-2016, 08:29 PM
Holy hail. Extremely brutal.

starkvegasdawg
10-23-2016, 08:32 PM
Yeah. Glen was gonna need some corrective lenses.

Mjoelner34
10-23-2016, 08:39 PM
Yeah. Glen was gonna need some corrective lenses.

He looked like Swag Kelly for a second there.

msstate7
10-23-2016, 08:51 PM
Crazy premiere

starkvegasdawg
10-23-2016, 08:56 PM
Intense doesn't begin to do it justice.

DownwardDawg
10-23-2016, 09:39 PM
He looked like Swag Kelly for a second there.

Haha! +1

ZedFedder
10-23-2016, 09:44 PM
That was beyond intense. Honestly surprised they made it that graphic. There won't be many filler episodes this year, because this has set the course for the rest of it to be extremely intense.

BulldogBear
10-23-2016, 10:11 PM
Just watched it. Dang, this is gonna be a several season storyline. Don't look for closure anytime soon.

starkvegasdawg
10-23-2016, 10:22 PM
Just watched it. Dang, this is gonna be a several season storyline. Don't look for closure anytime soon.
Think it'll be that long? I was wondering how long it plays out myself.

DownwardDawg
10-24-2016, 11:08 AM
I feel Carol is about to go medieval.

Johnson85
10-24-2016, 11:13 AM
Think it'll be that long? I was wondering how long it plays out myself.

I don't think they can drag it out for even a season. They'll lose viewers if it is that intense/despairing for more than another episode or two. If the Neegan storyline is going to last for a while, producing for him is going to have to be somewhat in the background while they make plans to retaliate/escape. Can't have too many episodes without something positive for the viewers.

Dawg61
10-24-2016, 11:29 AM
I don't think they can drag it out for even a season. They'll lose viewers if it is that intense/despairing for more than another episode or two. If the Neegan storyline is going to last for a while, producing for him is going to have to be somewhat in the background while they make plans to retaliate/escape. Can't have too many episodes without something positive for the viewers.

Killing off Glenn doesn't count as a positive?

Mjoelner34
10-24-2016, 12:07 PM
Killing off Glenn doesn't count as a positive?

It does for me. Got tired of his character a long time ago. The fake death last season just solidified my feeling too.

mstatefan91
10-24-2016, 02:50 PM
Was extremely intense. Andrew Lincoln did a hell of a job. I suspect that Negan may not last the season but the ramifications of what Negan did will continue for several seasons.

BulldogBear
10-24-2016, 05:03 PM
SPOILRRS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS
DO NOT READ IF YOU DON'T WANT SPOILERS.

In graphic novel there are some interesting things coming up along those lines. And Negan is strangely honorable at times, abhorring rape especially. But for those who wish him dead. He's still alive even now in the comics. His whereabouts are unknown.

DownwardDawg
10-24-2016, 07:56 PM
Here's something to ponder, will Morgan still believe "all life matters"? :cool:

starkvegasdawg
10-25-2016, 08:46 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2016/10/25/walking-dead-premiere-slammed-by-parents-television-council.html

Some people thought the premiere went too far and was too violent and graphic. Have they watched the first 6 seasons? I didn't see anything Sunday night and different from any other episode.

DownwardDawg
10-25-2016, 10:16 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2016/10/25/walking-dead-premiere-slammed-by-parents-television-council.html

Some people thought the premiere went too far and was too violent and graphic. Have they watched the first 6 seasons? I didn't see anything Sunday night and different from any other episode.

It was pretty bad. I watched with a group and many said it was disturbing. Don't get me wrong, everybody loved it, but people in the room looked genuinely disturbed. Lol

mstatefan91
10-25-2016, 11:14 AM
These people do not need to watch GoT lol

Tbonewannabe
10-25-2016, 12:55 PM
It was pretty bad. I watched with a group and many said it was disturbing. Don't get me wrong, everybody loved it, but people in the room looked genuinely disturbed. Lol

It was intended to be upsetting and uncomfortable. That is one thing they do pretty well is set it up for the audience to be in a certain mindset while watching certain scenes.

Dawg61
10-27-2016, 12:31 PM
It does for me. Got tired of his character a long time ago. The fake death last season just solidified my feeling too.

Agreed I got tired of Glenn around the prison timeline. Them teasing his death a couple of times was just trolling to see if people wanted that. Guess they did. They didn't have to do him dirty though and give him an embarrassing death like that. Give him some dignity in death not have his eyeball popping out while he mumbles a Last of the Mohicans quote. Haha I am surprised he agreed to that scene. **** that if you're gonna kill me off a show I have been on for six ****ing years you're gonna give me a good death scene or I won't shoot that damn scene.

starkvegasdawg
11-07-2016, 10:02 AM
So...who all is on easy street this morning?

BulldogBear
11-07-2016, 06:31 PM
So...who all is on easy street this morning?

Filler episode. Took an hour to go from Dwight strong arming folks for fixins' for a sweet fried egg sandwich to he's just a guy stuck in Negan's quicksand that loves his wife.

Bass Chaser
11-07-2016, 08:32 PM
Filler episode. Took an hour to go from Dwight strong arming folks for fixins' for a sweet fried egg sandwich to he's just a guy stuck in Negan's quicksand that loves his wife.

Yes but his wife or ex-wife belongs to Negan. Anyway terrible episode.

starkvegasdawg
11-08-2016, 07:41 AM
Who thinks that Dwight ends up turning good. I think he dies saving the life of Daryl in the midseason or season finale. They did way too much backstory on what all he's been through to keep him bad the whole way through.

Tbonewannabe
11-10-2016, 10:34 AM
Who thinks that Dwight ends up turning good. I think he dies saving the life of Daryl in the midseason or season finale. They did way too much backstory on what all he's been through to keep him bad the whole way through.

Seems they are setting it up that way. Maybe Dwight dies so Darryl and his wife can get away or something along those lines.

msstate7
11-13-2016, 09:28 PM
This is embarrassing watching how weak Rick and company look

starkvegasdawg
11-14-2016, 09:20 AM

He was almost trying to show some fire last night, but I think just being a few days from having Glen and Abraham killed and almost having to cut off Carl's arm is still fresh in his mind. This is all going to lead towards Alexandria, Hilltop, and the Kingdom joining forces to fight Negan's group. I'm guessing the season finale. I read over the weekend that Robert Kirkman said that Negan would be gone sooner rather than later making me think he doesn't survive past this season. A thought I just had. It wouldn't surprise me if they somehow took Negan prisoner around the midseason break and kept him locked in that jail cell that Morgan built. They wouldn't have gone to the trouble of showing him building it if it wasn't going to figure prominently in the future.

starkvegasdawg
11-14-2016, 11:32 AM
Thought I'd get a side discussion going on this season. Who do you think dies this season?

Near 100%
Negan
Negan's RH man
Dwight
Eugene
Forgot his name but the guy mouthing off to Rick at the end of the episode

>75%
leader of Kingdom
Gabriel
Rosita

>50%
Michonne
Dwight's wife
Few more semi main characters of Alexandria

As much as I was wanting to see Carl get it by now I think he survives the show. I know Kirkman has said he knows how the show will end and that Rick will not be a final survivor so I am thinking Carl ends up taking over his spot as leader of whoever is left at that time. You're already seeing him becoming extremely aggressive and standing up for himself and the group. I think a mid season finale in season 9 or 10 sees Rick killed and Carl taking over.

War Machine Dawg
11-15-2016, 04:07 PM

Rick is broken. He's Negan's bitch. That was the entire point. And since he is supposed to be the alpha of Alexandria, of course the rest of them are going to follow Rick's lead and tuck tail. Negan has basically broken all of them in one demonstration. And Daryl isn't there to help Rick keep fighting. Negan is working to break him, too.

Negan might be my favorite villain yet. Dude is just a badass. I love to hate him. And he might be the most quotable dude on the show with Abraham. "I will shut that shit down!" I'm really interested to see how twisted the relationship between he & Carl becomes now that he's cuckolded Rick.

We're definitely headed for a fight between an allied Hilltop, Kingdom, & Alexandria versus the Saviours. And now Alexandria has no guns. That's gonna be a major issue moving forward.

Where the hell has Sasha been this season? It's like Kirkman & Co have completely forgotten about her. Granted, kind of a lot to cover these first few episodes. Rosita is gonna die. She wants a revenge she can't get. And just when she was starting to grow on me as a character.

Anyone seen the crazy theory that Daryl & Rick were communicating via Morse Code in the last episode? I call bullshit, but it would be pretty epic.

jumbo
11-15-2016, 04:42 PM
Sasha went with Maggie to the Hilltop, right? We should see both of them Sunday.

Completely agree on Neegan. As much as you hate him, you love him because he is actually a villain. He makes all the other "bad guys" look like shit.

Tbonewannabe
11-15-2016, 05:03 PM
Rick is broken. He's Negan's bitch. That was the entire point. And since he is supposed to be the alpha of Alexandria, of course the rest of them are going to follow Rick's lead and tuck tail. Negan has basically broken all of them in one demonstration. And Daryl isn't there to help Rick keep fighting. Negan is working to break him, too.

Negan might be my favorite villain yet. Dude is just a badass. I love to hate him. And he might be the most quotable dude on the show with Abraham. "I will shut that shit down!" I'm really interested to see how twisted the relationship between he & Carl becomes now that he's cuckolded Rick.

We're definitely headed for a fight between an allied Hilltop, Kingdom, & Alexandria versus the Saviours. And now Alexandria has no guns. That's gonna be a major issue moving forward.

Where the hell has Sasha been this season? It's like Kirkman & Co have completely forgotten about her. Granted, kind of a lot to cover these first few episodes. Rosita is gonna die. She wants a revenge she can't get. And just when she was starting to grow on me as a character.

Anyone seen the crazy theory that Daryl & Rick were communicating via Morse Code in the last episode? I call bullshit, but it would be pretty epic.

I am actually on Team Negan. He is the best thing to happen to the show in the last few seasons. Dude is hilarious yet horrific. It is going to be interesting to see how they fight the Saviors now that they don't have guns.

BulldogBear
11-15-2016, 05:17 PM
I think there will be a twist and we find Negan has some actual upside once the initial process of making sure you're loyal to him passes. He may actually ending up being noble in some strange ways.

With that said...Negan seems like a head of the snake situation to me. I can't believe one of his own folks hasn't just blown his brains out by now. If Dwight is any indication of feeling among the folks, they don't really seem too happy. Just scared. Rick and them should've just opened up on Negan and company when they were a big mob just inside the gate. Sure, you're gonna lose some people. What is the price of freedom? Now they are disarmed and are truly helpless. There's a lesson in that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dump zombie Negan and 30 corpses outside the gate of his compound. Head of the snake. It's over. Those people want an out.

Political Hack
11-15-2016, 10:00 PM
Now have to watch again to see if there's any morse code.

msstate7
11-15-2016, 10:38 PM
Now have to watch again to see if there's any morse code.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6FshnlJdtqM

starkvegasdawg
11-16-2016, 08:20 AM
I'm really interested to see how twisted the relationship between he & Carl becomes now that he's cuckolded Rick.

Not sure if true, but I read they may be deviating from the comics and having Daryl be the one that Negan takes under his wing instead of Carl. Theory was that they were doing that to keep Daryl's character relevant since he is not in the comics. Also read something that after the alliance eventually beats the saviors that Negan becomes an ally to the group and they all then have to face the next maniacal group called the Whispers.

War Machine Dawg
11-16-2016, 04:28 PM
Not sure if true, but I read they may be deviating from the comics and having Daryl be the one that Negan takes under his wing instead of Carl. Theory was that they were doing that to keep Daryl's character relevant since he is not in the comics. Also read something that after the alliance eventually beats the saviors that Negan becomes an ally to the group and they all then have to face the next maniacal group called the Whispers.

Chandler Riggs has talked in some interviews about the relationship between he & Negan getting pretty twisted and being excited to explore that dynamic. I really hope they kill off Negan or leave him alive and evil as a threat who could return at any point. Negan as a good guy would be jumping the shark.

msstate7
11-20-2016, 09:52 PM
This show just drags on... some episodes are garbage

Tbonewannabe
11-21-2016, 09:40 AM

Yep, the only good thing about this episode was Kung Fu Jesus.

Jack Lambert
11-21-2016, 11:51 AM

I have been reading this to get caught up on the comic with out buying the comic.

http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/Issue_125

Just type in the issue and read.

DownwardDawg
11-22-2016, 10:16 AM

Terrible episode. I'm soooo over Maggie. She needs to go.

Tbonewannabe
11-23-2016, 10:41 AM
Terrible episode. I'm soooo over Maggie. She needs to go.

I think she is going to end up running Hilltop. I just don't see them putting up with Gregory much longer and I don't think Jesus wants to be in charge.

starkvegasdawg
11-23-2016, 01:27 PM
I think she is going to end up running Hilltop. I just don't see them putting up with Gregory much longer and I don't think Jesus wants to be in charge.

I think she is, too. Bet Maggie offs him.