PDA

View Full Version : Samford and beyond

msstate7
10-23-2016, 07:30 PM
I want to see tiano get a couple series. I want to see A.Mullins, Washington, stamps, Murphy, and moon. When Calhoun is healthy, I wanna see story and Calhoun as primary guards. In short, this season is shot, let's see if some of these young guys can answer the bell when the lights come on

msbulldog
10-24-2016, 06:44 AM
I can deal with that.

Cary Hudson's little bro
10-24-2016, 07:57 AM
I agree that the season is shot, but let's not get carried away. We've played a lot of young guys and the ones you listed haven't broke thru yet for a reason. Mullins and Stamps have been banged up all year...Mullen is too stubborn to play Dam. Williams, much less Tiano. It'll never happen pending injuries.

msstate7
10-24-2016, 07:59 AM
I agree that the season is shot, but let's not get carried away. We've played a lot of young guys and the ones you listed haven't broke thru yet for a reason. Mullins and Stamps have been banged up all year...Mullen is too stubborn to play Dam. Williams, much less Tiano. It'll never happen pending injuries.

What's wrong with Mullins and stamps?

Cary Hudson's little bro
10-24-2016, 09:00 AM
Stamps has been on IR since he was signed, practically, and just recovered from surgery a couple of weeks ago. Mullins had to sit out a lot of fall camp bc of injury. He would probably be playing by now if Marquiss Spencer wasn't so good.

Tbonewannabe
10-24-2016, 09:58 AM
Do you make sure you win this game or do you just say screw it and try to use it as development? I might be more ok with winning this one however you can and letting freshmen play the rest because we have no chance at any other game. Losing to Samford in the same year as South Alabama might be worse than what went down during Croom's years. We talk about losing to Maine but both of those teams are probably on par with Maine reputation wise. We can't afford to lose to Samford or Mullen should use the post game as a resignation announcement.

HoopsDawg
10-24-2016, 10:28 AM
I was really glad and somewhat surprised with the amount of young guys Mullen played against UK. I think he is playing the right young guys.

Cary Hudson's little bro
10-24-2016, 11:17 AM
I was really glad and somewhat surprised with the amount of young guys Mullen played against UK. I think he is playing the right young guys.

Playing the "right" guys is the key. Mullen knows what he's doing.

Bothrops
10-24-2016, 12:02 PM

Yeah, it was the worst possible timing for the defense to go completely shithouse. Could have made some nice strides in team confidence Saturday. Thanks coaches, 'preciate it.

RougeDawg
10-24-2016, 02:04 PM
Playing the "right" guys is the key. Mullen knows what he's doing.

Should've implemented this philosophy before game 1. Instead we played lesser talented upper classmen and are now staring down a 3-9 season with young guys only getting 6-7 games of Pt. Absolutely Brilliant. Maybe Dan will come back out in shorts this week. Eithe way I won't be in attendance to see it.

thf24
10-24-2016, 02:22 PM
Mullen is too stubborn to play Dam. Williams, much less Tiano.

There's no correlation there. Damien hasn't played any more than he has because there's no reason for him to.

ShotgunDawg
10-24-2016, 02:30 PM

You can't play Williams due to locker room dynamics.

If the team leaders where handling this professionally & supported & trusted Mullen's choice of Fitz at QB, then you could play Damian, but, with the dynamic that supposed team leaders have created, you absolutely can't play Damian at risk of creating an even bigger controversy.

Honestly, if what we've heard is true, Mullen needs to find a way to get Williams to leave after this season. It isn't really Damian's fault, but some leaders on this team have potentially created situation where Fitz can't get full support of the team until Damian is gone.

It's about being professional & many of the leaders on this team may lack that. Honestly, it's the worst group of upper classmen & leaders I've ever seen at MSU. Bunch of marginal players that rode the coat tails of great players into thinking they were good or earned something.