PDA

View Full Version : Shouting into a hurricane is an option,

oldjoedawg
10-23-2016, 06:22 PM
but to those who constantly yell and demand that CDM needs to be fired, DO YOU REALLY THINK THAT YOU ARE IN A MAJORITY when it comes to the thoughts/attitudes of the sum total of fans of MSU football?

I don't question your allegiance to our program at all. I am just trying to figure out what you think all the posts will accomplish. If it is just to get rid of frustration and angst, then have at it, but if you really think you are helping things move along to a better 'place', then you are as delusional as all get-out?lol

Folks who make the decisions about status of coaches are not swayed by sports boards?.now if you begin to withdraw your substantial financial support and stop showing up for games?that is another matter.

Again, I hope some will explain, sincerely, what the goal of your posts are, if they are for something other than relieving tension....All of us are disappointed and genuinely want better results. IMO, I just have to trust those in administration...Dr. Keenum and new AD... to make the best decisions for our football future.

GTHOM
10-23-2016, 06:30 PM
Well I can go ahead and tell you, I wont be at another game this year. Im just one guy but Im sure Im not the only one

lamont
10-23-2016, 06:33 PM
Damn near everybody I know personally that is a State fan wants him to move on to the next school.

oldjoedawg
10-23-2016, 06:37 PM
That is an honest statement to back up your feelings and I respect your position. I just get befuddled at times with the strident demands of folks on the board and am trying to understand if they truly believe it will bring a positive effect. Posting/reading on the board is something I generally enjoy....finding it harder to get any enjoyment now. Class of '62

oldjoedawg
10-23-2016, 06:42 PM
Damn near everybody I know personally that is a State fan wants him to move on to the next school.

Don't doubt your statement at all.....just question how many fans you know among the 60,000 or so that have been attending the games.....of course the attendance is likely to drop off as the year goes on, but late next summer interest will begin to rebuild no matter who the coach is.

My question still is "what do folks really think their demands will accomplish in the long run"? Now, GTHOM is putting action behind his words. Most folks won't do that and will keep on griping.

I seen it dawg
10-23-2016, 06:50 PM
That is an honest statement to back up your feelings and I respect your position. I just get befuddled at times with the strident demands of folks on the board and am trying to understand if they truly believe it will bring a positive effect. Posting/reading on the board is something I generally enjoy....finding it harder to get any enjoyment now. Class of '62

What is enjoyable right now? Hence why would the board be enjoyable. There is no sunshine right now. Soon basketball will start and the clouds will start to lift. Until then all we have is the shitastic performances of our football program and all that that entails.

lamont
10-23-2016, 06:57 PM
Don't doubt your statement at all.....just question how many fans you know among the 60,000 or so that have been attending the games.....of course the attendance is likely to drop off as the year goes on, but late next summer interest will begin to rebuild no matter who the coach is.

My question still is "what do folks really think their demands will accomplish in the long run"? Now, GTHOM is putting action behind his words. Most folks won't do that and will keep on griping.

Elitedawgs purchases 6 Scoreboard Club tickets per year. That likely doesnt happen if Mullen is still our coach next season. We wont be alone in making that move either

Joe Schmedlap
10-23-2016, 07:06 PM
Among my tail gate friends who have season tickets in nice sections, at least half won't be back to Scott Field this year. At least 2 out of 3 would like to see Dan leave. I'm not sure if that means they will let season tickets go this summer if he returns or not. My guess is it would take one more disappointing season for that to happen.

gtowndawg
10-23-2016, 07:24 PM
I have probably 4 really close State friends. Everyone of them wants him gone. Small sample, but it's still 100% when you include me.

HancockCountyDog
10-23-2016, 07:25 PM
Elitedawgs purchases 6 Scoreboard Club tickets per year. That likely doesnt happen if Mullen is still our coach next season. We wont be alone in making that move either

Would Mullen take a lesser job, i.e. a BC or Arizona job? Those schools can't pay him 4 million a year, but could probably go close to 2.5 over more than 5 years, but can they sell that to their fanbase if he goes 3-9?

Also, does Mullen leave 8 million over the next two years on the table to go make less than that?

DownwardDawg
10-23-2016, 07:26 PM
This feels exactly like Croom's last season. It's over. Those that think we are the minority are living with their heads buried in the sand. Change is coming. Either he makes major staff changes, moves on himself, or he's gone.

Coursesuper
10-23-2016, 07:28 PM
4 more and myself won't be back this year. West side chair backs, haven't made up our mind about next year. it's a four hour drive on Saturday due to football on Friday night so that is our focus now, to much of a haul to watch what's on the field now. Also I don't know a single grad that will be upset if Mullen is gone at the end of this year.

lamont
10-23-2016, 07:35 PM
Would Mullen take a lesser job, i.e. a BC or Arizona job? Those schools can't pay him 4 million a year, but could probably go close to 2.5 over more than 5 years, but can they sell that to their fanbase if he goes 3-9?

Also, does Mullen leave 8 million over the next two years on the table to go make less than that?

Arizona is not a lesser job than Miss State.

Houston or BC are his most likely landing spots. An AD can sell Mullen to the BC fanbase easily. I'm not convinced Byrne makes a change yet.

Ranchdawg
10-23-2016, 07:50 PM
I checked out last year especially after the crap performance in the Egg bowl! West side 4 tickets owners for years! I own a motor home and MSU themed golf cart. Usually stayed at the horse park. Have followed MSU faithfully for years. But I now choose to spend my entertainment monies else where like fishing, deer camp, and traveling. I'm no damn bandwagon fan! I still watch us on TV and I still care but I just refuse to spend my hard earned money on a product that is horribly coached in every facet and the coach shows no remorse for allowing his team not being "TOTALLY" prepared to play!

Sacrifice
10-23-2016, 07:51 PM
Yeah I'm not running into to many Mullen defenders right about now

Goldendawg
10-23-2016, 08:07 PM
Eight chairbacks in Section 4, lower West side next to 4 friends. Season ticket holders 40 plus years. Friends have been leaving by halftime YTD. Our 8 past ready for Dan to man up and resign ( won't happen for $8 mi plus reasons). All my MSU peers at work ready to see him go. Every MSU fan at church fells the same. One cousin-in- law still on the fence. Dan is further behind than Trump vs. Hillary (unfortunately) in my social circles.

Marshall
10-23-2016, 08:28 PM
I am not one that has been shouting that he should be fired, but I don't see anyway he can right the ship. I sat in the stands and watched a lot of Jackie's last games as well as all of the Croom debacle. I don't plan to be back this year. I have been purchasing 4 season tickets on the east side. I will not be renewing my tickets this year unless there is a change. The fall is a great time to be on the golf course in the morning and watch games on tv. I will probably use that ticket money toward travel to big games other places as well as Cowboy games. I will not waste money to watch this garbage.

dawgday166
10-23-2016, 08:38 PM

Sean Touhy pays you enough that you can purchase Scoreboard Club tickets?? *******

StoneDawg
10-23-2016, 09:15 PM
There are a bunch of cry babies on this board. You want Mullen fired. We get it move on.

oldjoedawg
10-23-2016, 09:20 PM
So far, in these replies, I have counted up less than 30 fans/tickets that are not planning to purchase next year if CDM is the coach. And, IF these posters are being honest and follow through, then they are actually DOING SOMETHING concrete to bring about 'change'.......meanwhile, what are those who only talk/ ('beat the same old dead horse' of 'this is unacceptable' or we 'must demand change')...what, if anything, are you trying to accomplish with your worn out posts?

"Words" on message boards won't accomplish anything toward changing the direction of the program....so, as I asked earlier, is it just to 'vent'...let off steam, or what?

EngDawg
10-23-2016, 09:21 PM
There are a bunch of cry babies on this board. You want Mullen fired. We get it move on.

Agreed, some people need to grow a pair and realize that they should still support the team even if we suck.

GreenheadDawg
10-23-2016, 09:23 PM
My family has 6 chairbacks and have since I was a kid. I live in Houston so I definitely won't be coming to a game. My uncle and aunt haven't missed a game since 1976, home or away, so they will be there regardless. But the other 4 seats will be empty until Mullen is gone.

Dawgtini
10-23-2016, 09:48 PM
Interesting. Almost everyone I know thinks he is getting his team ready to make another 3-5 year run. Only a few dozen, but what do they know? I mean, the average years post grad is only about 30 or so years. Prob too green to know what they're talking about.

Eta: and we have 8 seats. Min of 4 since Jackie was roaming the sideline.