PDA

View Full Version : Atlanta sports radio rumor from Friday

lamont
10-23-2016, 12:46 PM
mentioned Mullen as a possible HC at BC next season. Sexton doing work!!!

ShotgunDawg
10-23-2016, 12:48 PM

Mullen leaving for BC would be solid. Then MSU saves face & Mullen gets what he wants. Out of the SECW.

My hope is that Keenum knows this & is already working back channels to make a quick hire. Mullen leaving & us holding onto some recruits would be best case scenerio

Coursesuper
10-23-2016, 12:49 PM
Please please let that happen.

MetEdDawg
10-23-2016, 12:54 PM
We need Keytaon and Kylen to stay on board. Those are must keep guys.

lamont
10-23-2016, 12:57 PM

Gonna be tough

I seen it dawg
10-23-2016, 01:04 PM

We need a coach on board.

Todd4State
10-23-2016, 01:06 PM
That would be a good fit for Mr. Boston Marathon.

Bully13
10-23-2016, 01:08 PM
That would be a good fit for Mr. Boston Marathon.

Plus 1

Lumpy Chucklelips
10-23-2016, 01:13 PM
Good thing if he goes someplace like that is Keytaon and Hill probably won't follow him there. Will still need to recruit them to new guy. Hopefully it is an offensive guy who they can relate to.

One name I haven't heard mentioned, but I'd make him say no is Petrino.

TrapGame
10-23-2016, 01:14 PM
If Mullen leaves and Keenum does not have a coach already lined up we're royally screwed.

Op4isabitch
10-23-2016, 01:14 PM
Sweet 8lb Baby Jesus please let this be true!

Op4isabitch
10-23-2016, 01:16 PM
How much is Chad Morris making at SMU? I know people have mentioned him and I'd make him turn me down 3 or 4 times before I gave up. He took superman to,the woodshed yesterday with a less skilled team.

Really Clark?
10-23-2016, 01:31 PM
How much is Chad Morris making at SMU? I know people have mentioned him and I'd make him turn me down 3 or 4 times before I gave up. He took superman to,the woodshed yesterday with a less skilled team.

You have to wait and see how the season turns out for them. 2-10 last year and yesterday's win makes them 3-4. Can't hire a coach off of one upset win. Just like Herman won't be disqualified from jobs off of that loss. Temple blew them out. Tulsa beat them in a shoot out. They still have to play Memphis, South FL, and Navy.

DancingRabbit
10-23-2016, 01:32 PM
Good thing if he goes someplace like that is Keytaon and Hill probably won't follow him there. Will still need to recruit them to new guy. Hopefully it is an offensive guy who they can relate to.

Good lord, it would take him 2 seconds to say no. Not sure if LSU could pull him to the SECW.

msbulldog
10-23-2016, 01:33 PM

So true!

Really Clark?
10-23-2016, 01:37 PM
Good lord, it would take him 2 seconds to say no. Not sure if LSU could pull him to the SECW.

Not to mention the price tag just to get him to talk to you. He just signed a 7 year $31.675 MIL dollar extension and I think that huge buyout is still in play. $10MIL?? For us to match that we would have to offer $8 MIL a year. To match it. He is not picking up the phone for a matching offer from us.

AROB44
10-23-2016, 01:39 PM
I will be thankful to Mullen for the success he brought us and will always wish him well where ever he goes.

msstate7
10-23-2016, 01:44 PM
I will be thankful to Mullen for the success he brought us and will always wish him well where ever he goes.

Me too. I don't get the unbridled hate for a man that's raised the expectations here to a point where we even consider firing a coach for a bad year after winning the 19 the previous 2.

MaroonFlounder
10-23-2016, 01:50 PM
What does winning 19 games in 2 seasons matter now? Dan doesn't wanna be here, and the players sense that.

dawg27
10-23-2016, 01:50 PM

Yeah I mean why would we won't Petrino I mean he is just one everywhere he's been.

msstate7
10-23-2016, 01:59 PM
What does winning 19 games in 2 seasons matter now? Dan doesn't wanna be here, and the players sense that.

You want em gone? I can see that. The way some of this board hates a man that's done a ton for us is just nuts to me though

Really Clark?
10-23-2016, 02:00 PM
Yeah I mean why would we won't Petrino I mean he is just one everywhere he's been.

He is not leaving Louisville. I don't care for his sorry butt, but it has nothing to do with wanting him. He is not leaving a school with a larger budget, easier path to playoff, with a huge contract and buyout. Think of whoever you want to be coach but just don't waste time thinking Petrino is a possibility. Keep it in fantasy land

msstate7
10-23-2016, 02:03 PM
He is not leaving Louisville. I don't care for his sorry butt, but it has nothing to do with wanting him. He is not leaving a school with a larger budget, easier path to playoff, with a huge contract and buyout. Think of whoever you want to be coach but just don't waste time thinking Petrino is a possibility. Keep it in fantasy land

And there's the fact he has Lamar Jackson for 2 more years too. Petrino will ride Jackson to the playoff either this season, next year, 2 years from now, or a couple of them

maroonmania
10-23-2016, 02:15 PM
Look, you might as well resign yourself to the fact that if Mullen leaves then we will not keep most of our top recruits especially if they are from out of state. You will need to decide which is more important because, in this instance, we would be very unlikely to get to have our cake and eat it too. That is, have Mullen move on yet keep our best recruits.

Dawgface
10-23-2016, 02:22 PM
Would be a perfect deal if it happens. For all concerned.

Todd4State
10-23-2016, 02:32 PM
Look, you might as well resign yourself to the fact that if Mullen leaves then we will not keep most of our top recruits especially if they are from out of state. You will need to decide which is more important because, in this instance, we would be very unlikely to get to have our cake and eat it too. That is, have Mullen move on yet keep our best recruits.

The good news about that is we only have two four star recruits currently committed per 247 sports- Thompson and Hill.

HereComesTheSpiral
10-23-2016, 02:35 PM
Mullen leaving for BC would be solid. Then MSU saves face & Mullen gets what he wants. Out of the SECW.

My hope is that Keenum knows this & is already working back channels to make a quick hire. Mullen leaving & us holding onto some recruits would be best case scenerio

How does alback channeling each other work? Seems like if the BC thing were to fall through then Mullen would have the power by saying you were going behind my back for a replacement, similar to AU and Petrino.

maroonwhitedawg3ddd
10-23-2016, 02:49 PM
Would definitely be a WIN WIN if that happens!!

TimberBeast
10-23-2016, 03:14 PM
Me too. I don't get the unbridled hate for a man that's raised the expectations here to a point where we even consider firing a coach for a bad year after winning the 19 the previous 2.

Wow, unbridled hate? Who on this board said they hate Mullen? Is that coming from somewhere else or are you way over exaggerating as usual?

Matt3467
10-23-2016, 03:19 PM
I hope Mullen stays and rearranges the staff. ******* done way too well here to be run off the first bad season even after most expected this season to be very difficult for us. Vanderbilt was winning with Franklin and then after he left they're trash again, and I'm afraid the same could happen to State. People that think we could make a high profile splash hire here at State are wishful thinking. It'd be hard pressed to find someone that can win here like Mullen has and let alone will be here for half as long as he has. I hope he stays, but if he goes then I hope for a miracle.

Noxdog
10-23-2016, 04:11 PM

I mentioned in my post 2 weeks ago that the likely landing spots for him were Bc or Arizona. Your welcome.*******

SDDawg
10-23-2016, 04:17 PM

Cool.

confucius say
10-23-2016, 04:36 PM

His point

Your head

JoseBrown
10-23-2016, 04:44 PM
Gonna be tough

Anyway we could keep Brian Johnson on staff ala Hud in 2008 or something? Would he be with Mullen when he leaves ala Hevesy forever? If some way we could would that keep Keytaon?

JoseBrown
10-23-2016, 04:45 PM
I hope Mullen stays and rearranges the staff. ******* done way too well here to be run off the first bad season even after most expected this season to be very difficult for us. Vanderbilt was winning with Franklin and then after he left they're trash again, and I'm afraid the same could happen to State. People that think we could make a high profile splash hire here at State are wishful thinking. It'd be hard pressed to find someone that can win here like Mullen has and let alone will be here for half as long as he has. I hope he stays, but if he goes then I hope for a miracle.

#agenda

Political Hack
10-23-2016, 05:23 PM
Great. That should help recruiting between now and then.

DancingRabbit
10-23-2016, 05:34 PM

Sounds legit **

dawgday166
10-23-2016, 08:31 PM
Wow, unbridled hate? Who on this board said they hate Mullen? Is that coming from somewhere else or are you way over exaggerating as usual?

Unbridled!! ******

JohnnyQuid
10-24-2016, 02:18 AM

lol probably because it's pure fantasy and an unrealistic expectation. if mullen isn't here next year so be it but his successor won't be of petrion caliber and I'm not sure a lot of our fan base realize that

mic
10-24-2016, 07:10 AM
Great. That should help recruiting between now and then.

Same shit. Different year..