PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Morning QB- Bourbon Edition

lamont
10-23-2016, 12:06 PM
We just lost to Kentucky and now we have 6-1 Samford rolling in. Nothing is guaranteed.

1. Kentucky's QB had thrown for just over 600 yards for the season before last night. Went for almost 300 against us in one night. Peters got roasted deep once for a TD. They had open WR's all night. He wasnt having to put it into tight windows.

2. Not only did we not stop the pass- we let Kentucky line up in the Wildcat, knowing they werent going to throw, and run it down our throats. Thank goodness for the Simmons strip or they would have punched another in. Think about that- Kentucky- mf'ing KENTUCKY- lined up and ran it down our throats. What Bama and UPig do to us will be criminal.

3. We had a front called that required Brown to line up on their left OT like a DE and take him on. Their guy shoved Richey back a good 7 yards. That needs to be scrapped from the playbook. Please dont do that again. Stoops has been recruiting on the OL pretty good lately it appears. I know he signed a couple of 4-stars the last cycle. Has made them an improved football team.

4. We dont run anything with power. Everything is zone right or left. We cant be physical at all. Thats what you have to do when you have shitty OL guys I guess. We scored enough to win- but that Kentucky D isnt that good. We're going to see alot better in a couple weeks. Fitz may not survive A&M and Bama back to back. Play Damien against Bama and let him take that pounding.

5. Just not alot to talk about. There is nothing to watch and say "we do that well". We arent physical on either side of the ball. We dont have speedy WR's. We dont have a top 10 in the SEC type RB. Our Secondary couldnt cover a 7 on 7 team from a fat camp. I dont see anything out there that tells me 2017 will be any better. We lose alot of the OL. We lose Ross. We lose most of the DL. the Secondary may be slightly better next year- but they wont be top half of the SEC level next year. We need a talent infusion to go with the little bit we have sprinkled on the field at the moment.

starkvegasdawg
10-23-2016, 12:10 PM
I know a lot think members of our coaching staff has quit and just going through the motions. For those around the team, does that atttide appear to have been adopted by any of the players or are they still all giving their all?

ShotgunDawg
10-23-2016, 12:21 PM
I refuse to attend another game this year at Davis Wade Stadium.

It's not because I'm apathetic or because I'm protesting, it's because I care too much. I simply can't sit in that stadium & watch this team play. My emotions & temperament can't take it. I'll end up hitting a small child with a cowbell.

So, I say all that to say that I absolutely love MSU football & want nothing more than to attend highly competitive, big time football games at Davis Wade Stadium, but I can't watch this product. It devastates me to see what this program has become & that really has little to do with the win/loss record. The product & caliber of play on the field is incompetent.

shoeless joe
10-23-2016, 12:23 PM
We don't make winning plays. Not in the 1st quarter...not in the 4th. I won't overlook that last offensive drive to take the lead as a small positive but the ridiculous D made that meaningless.

I knew when I saw our alignment with 9 seconds left they we would lose.

lamont
10-23-2016, 12:24 PM
I know a lot think members of our coaching staff has quit and just going through the motions. For those around the team, does that atttide appear to have been adopted by any of the players or are they still all giving their all?

We play hard- we just arent very good.

msbulldog
10-23-2016, 12:29 PM
C'mon Gun I know your not going to hit a child with anything.

msbulldog
10-23-2016, 12:32 PM
I refuse to attend another game this year at Davis Wade Stadium.

It's not because I'm apathetic or because I'm protesting, it's because I care too much. I simply can't sit in that stadium & watch this team play. My emotions & temperament can't take it. I'll end up hitting a small child with a cowbell.

So, I say all that to say that I absolutely love MSU football & want nothing more than to attend highly competitive, big time football games at Davis Wade Stadium, but I can't watch this product. It devastates me to see what this program has become & that really has little to do with the win/loss record. The product & caliber of play on the field is incompetent.

But I was at the Auburn game and it was just sad.

Joe Schmedlap
10-23-2016, 12:39 PM
I stayed until the clock hit zero at that AU debacle. I was too apathetic to stand up and walk out early.

DogsofAnarchy
10-23-2016, 12:42 PM
Random, 80% of our problem is COACHING. I am absolutely sure we need some better players but surely you aren't letting these coaches off the hook? There is NO way that South Alabama and UMass and KY has better talent than we do. Our team is coached awful!! Do we need OL's yes but that is a coaching problem in itself. Hevesy has run that part of our team in the ground because of his lack of recruiting ability. Come on man. Put some of it on the coaches. We have 3 or 4 four star running backs on our team and we never see them for more than 1 play in a row. Auburn has fixed their ills by running the damn ball and everyone of our RB's is at least as highly recruited as theirs. The OL is another case and that's COACHING. It is time for BDD to make MAJOR staff changes or hit the damn road himself. We don't need to go backwards anymore and next year's schedule is not friendly.

We play hard- we just arent very good.

Gutter Cobreh
10-23-2016, 12:44 PM
2. Not only did we not stop the pass- we let Kentucky line up in the Wildcat, knowing they werent going to throw, and run it down our throats. Thank goodness for the Simmons strip or they would have punched another in. Think about that- Kentucky- mf'ing KENTUCKY- lined up and ran it down our throats. What every team left on our schedule (including Samford)does to us will be criminal.

FIFY

somebodyshotmypaw
10-23-2016, 01:42 PM
1. Mixon has a little burst. I like him.

2. Gibson should get phased in some more. Maybe he can run all the plays to the left since Aeris can only run to the right because he has never been taught how to carry the football going left.

3. Peters, Bryant, and Gerri Green are first team All-Americans on the "looks like Tarzan but plays like Jane" team. Jeez, watching these guys makes me shake my head. When Peters looked overmatched against Jackson Prep I should have known there was an issue. I guess I wanted to believe the hype.

4. Simmons and Spencer are nice DL pieces to build around.

5. Story has potential on the OL.

6. I continue to like Leo Lewis. He's earned my respect.

7. We can never seem to get in an offensive rhythm.

dawg27
10-23-2016, 01:55 PM
1. Mixon has a little burst. I like him.

2. Gibson should get phased in some more. Maybe he can run all the plays to the left since Aeris can only run to the right because he has never been taught how to carry the football going left.

3. Peters, Bryant, and Gerri Green are first team All-Americans on the "looks like Tarzan but plays like Jane" team. Jeez, watching these guys makes me shake my head. When Peters looked overmatched against Jackson Prep I should have known there was an issue. I guess I wanted to believe the hype.

4. Simmons and Spencer are nice DL pieces to build around.

5. Story has potential on the OL.

6. I continue to like Leo Lewis. He's earned my respect.

7. We can never seem to get in an offensive rhythm.

We will never get into our offense of rhythm as long as he keeps putting Fitzgerald as quarterback.

ShotgunDawg
10-23-2016, 01:59 PM
We will never get into our offense of rhythm as long as he keeps putting Fitzgerald as quarterback.

This, you can't get in rhythm when there is no rhythm to your passing game.

Fitz is a good FB player but bad QB. He makes football plays. He runs, he blocks, he's fast, he tough. etc... but he can't play QB

FISHDAWG
10-23-2016, 03:32 PM
not cool calling our players shitty ... not cool at all

SheltonChoked
10-24-2016, 09:00 AM
It's all leadership.

We have NO Leadership. The current Sr's and Jr's relied on Dak to be the leader and motivator. They never learned how to step up. Mullen should have named Fitz in the spring as QB1 and let Damien and Staley leave in the summer. Yeah wed be thin at QB, but we would have some chemistry in the passing game. Now we have nothing.

I have no answer for the defense lack of leadership. Richie SHOULD have been the leader. Brandon Bryant SHOULD be a leader. When you are a developmental program,. it cannot be a 20 hour a week job for the players.

We are 3 plays from being 5-2. 4 plays (if you get a long TD vs LSU, from being 5-1) Same as the 2015 baseball team, lots of guys that should know how to lead. None seem to care enough to step up and be hold others accountable.

All that said, Hevsey has to go. I could keep Knox and maybe Salliach. But we have to get someone to at least be able to slow down the SEC DL's we face. I don't know how we can develop a DL at all right now. I bet Simmons can get to our QB 1 on 5 in practice.