PDA

View Full Version : The Sheep Are Out in Full Force This Morning

ShotgunDawg
10-23-2016, 09:13 AM
Do these people not watch us play?

BTW, as much as I love the Boneyard for the NCAA stuff & some insight on the football team, I've come to realize that Rosebowl ZERO clue what he's looking at when watching a football game. Perhaps he just tries to be optimistic about everything, but man Random Poster is much more accurate when predicting how games will go.

http://i.imgur.com/yuZYtBh.jpg

msstate7
10-23-2016, 09:21 AM
Full force = 1 tweet from random dude?

DownwardDawg
10-23-2016, 09:42 AM

BTW, as much as I love the Boneyard for the NCAA stuff & some insight on the football team, I've come to realize that Rosebowl ZERO clue what he's looking at when watching a football game. Perhaps he just tries to be optimistic about everything, but man Random Poster is much more accurate when predicting how games will go.

I think it's a requirement of being on Genes Page. Don't get me wrong, there is some good info on there from time to time, but anything other than sunshine is not tolerated.

maroonwhitedawg3ddd
10-23-2016, 10:03 AM
GREAT SEASON WTF!!

Todd4State
10-23-2016, 10:15 AM
Gene, David, and Rosebowl are the nerd table at school. Gene is the nice guy. David is the nice guy that is sarcastic occasionally and complains too much and Rosebowl is the rodeo clown nerd that will get into an occasional fist fight with someone on the high school football team and is OK stirring things up even if he gets beat up in the process.

The thing about Rosebowl and football analysis in game I don't believe he has ever played or coached at a high level and I don't know that coaching 7 on 7 is high level. He knows a lot about football and I'm sure he has picked up a lot on the way but there are also going to be some things missing as well.

dawgday166
10-23-2016, 10:53 AM

Yea, I'm with you on this one. I like ole Steve too. But Rosey do have some very dark Mullen colored glasses on. He certainly do live up to that nickname wrt MSU football.

ETA: Wait till he sees how far behind from the last 4 teams we play. Course he'll probably have what he considers plausible reasons for that too.

dawgday166
10-23-2016, 11:00 AM
To add something: Last year after the Auburn game I was over there on GP and was upset. Everyone over there is going "Woohoo, we beat Auburn". I'm saying we can't run the football on a very bad AU team and we only beat them 17-9, and that only happened with a couple of breaks that went our way. Steve chimes in and tells me going to "throwing all the time" was good coaching. That's one way to look at it but I'm thinking if we can't run the football, we gonna get killed by the teams we eventually got killed by.

Good thing we had an NFL All-Rookie QB on our roster last year.

SDDawg
10-23-2016, 11:10 AM
It is factual that we lost 3 games on the last play. We were in a 4th with a late chance to win. It's a fine between having a decent record vs. a terrible record.

Coach007
10-23-2016, 11:15 AM
Well, he's not wrong. We are that close. The real difference here is in the passing game. The fact is, our run game has actually improved.

Who is at fault for the passing game? Timing. Fitz is a split second off. The wrs drop passes they should catch, but thats the difference in a great season and what we have.

sleepy dawg
10-23-2016, 11:39 AM
Is there somewhere you can see drops stats? I feel like we have to be on pace for an all time high.

GTHOM
10-23-2016, 11:54 AM
There is no way. No way in hell that anyone should say that we are close to having a great season. We have lost to 2 non power 5 teams, and an AWFUL SEC east team. The only win the east has on the west this year. Jesus Christ what is dan gonna have to do to make some people see??

I seen it dawg
10-23-2016, 12:45 PM
You are what your record says you are

lfl
10-23-2016, 12:57 PM
There is no way. No way in hell that anyone should say that we are close to having a great season. We have lost to 2 non power 5 teams, and an AWFUL SEC east team. The only win the east has on the west this year. Jesus Christ what is dan gonna have to do to make some people see??
Exactly. Let's just say that the field goal goes in vs. SOUTH ALABAMA, the Defense recovers the fumble against BYU, and we don't don't leave the middle wide open with eight in coverage against KENTUCKY. We'd be 5-2, but we'd still be terrible. We'd still lose to every other team in the West and finish 6-6. In Mullen's seventh year, 6-6 was our ceiling. Instead, we'll finish 3-9 because we failed to make three plays. We have had seven opportunities to come out and play two consecutive halves of football and have failed every single time. This team is a disaster on both offense and defense, regardless of record. There we be lots of booing at the Arky and A&M games echoing off the rows of empty seats. And then there's the games at Bama and Ole Miss. Let's just hope we don't do any throat slashes down five TD's against their 3rd-stringers.

GTHOM
10-23-2016, 01:03 PM
Exactly. Let's just say that the field goal goes in vs. SOUTH ALABAMA, the Defense recovers the fumble against BYU, and we don't don't leave the middle wide open with eight in coverage against KENTUCKY. We'd be 5-2, but we'd still be terrible. We'd still lose to every other team in the West and finish 6-6. In Mullen's seventh year, 6-6 was our ceiling. Instead, we'll finish 3-9 because we failed to make three plays. We have had seven opportunities to come out and play two consecutive halves of football and have failed every single time. This team is a disaster on both offense and defense, regardless of record. There we be lots of booing at the Arky and A&M games echoing off the rows of empty seats. And then there's the games at Bama and Ole Miss. Let's just hope we don't do any throat slashes down five TD's against their 3rd-stringers.

Amen

Op4isabitch
10-23-2016, 01:19 PM
I,m betting that there will be a huge movement from that department over the next 5 games, after we get soddomized by Bama, aTm, Arkansas and TCUN then even those fans will be jumping ship.

It's going to get UGLY.

Drugdog
10-23-2016, 01:53 PM
Is there a place on the scoreboard for descriptions? NO. It's either a win or loss.
Ifs and buts were candy and nuts we would all have a wonderful Christmas.

JoseBrown
10-23-2016, 04:59 PM
Every bad team can dig up some way to justify being one player or two plays away from being a good team. Problem is it's the results that matter, not the justifications. Kinda like moral victories. Every suck ass year we've had in my lifetime I've heard people justify why we ain't as bad as we are. On that BYU fumble, might as well not use it, because there was no State player in position to in any way recover it.

It's just an #agenda... Can't speak the truth about State, State's coaches or State's players if it's negative...**

BankerDog
10-23-2016, 05:04 PM
Gene, David, and Rosebowl are the nerd table at school. Gene is the nice guy. David is the nice guy that is sarcastic occasionally and complains too much and Rosebowl is the rodeo clown nerd that will get into an occasional fist fight with someone on the high school football team and is OK stirring things up even if he gets beat up in the process.

The thing about Rosebowl and football analysis in game I don't believe he has ever played or coached at a high level and I don't know that coaching 7 on 7 is high level. He knows a lot about football and I'm sure he has picked up a lot on the way but there are also going to be some things missing as well.

Your view of Robertson is spot on. You also fall into that category when talking football and baseball. Stick to the band analysis.

Todd4State
10-23-2016, 05:54 PM
Your view of Robertson is spot on. You also fall into that category when talking football and baseball. Stick to the band analysis.

Difference is people aren't paying for my thoughts, insights, etc. Which is a BIG difference by the way.

Dawgtini
10-23-2016, 09:40 PM

Dear TITS,
Please buy a clue.
Thanks,
Us fans.

TimberBeast
10-23-2016, 10:10 PM
Well, he's not wrong. We are that close. The real difference here is in the passing game. The fact is, our run game has actually improved.

Who is at fault for the passing game? Timing. Fitz is a split second off. The wrs drop passes they should catch, but thats the difference in a great season and what we have.

Why has the running game all of a sudden improved?

Todd4State
10-23-2016, 10:16 PM
Dear TITS,
Please buy a clue.
Thanks,
Us fans.

Tell Justin Traweek Aka sevendust I said hi.

And based on how this football season has gone I'd say I have a clue.

Hypnodawg
10-24-2016, 08:26 AM
Why has the running game all of a sudden improved?

Did you forget the * or have you not noticed the change in personnel running the ball and the increased number of designed runs for Fitz.

Drugdog
10-24-2016, 10:25 AM
It is factual that we lost 3 games on the last play. We were in a 4th with a late chance to win. It's a fine between having a decent record vs. a terrible record.

I'm only 5 numbers off from winning the lottery. I guess I should celebrate and say dang I was so close.