PDA

View Full Version : the defense kicked ass

FlabLoser
08-31-2013, 08:16 PM
Lots of good tackling. Lots of shedding blocks to make a tackle. There was obviously a containment problem on some read plays.

The went soft late after it was apparent that the offense peaked out at 3 points. I can't blame them for that.

But overall I am very very happy with what I saw in the defense.

The offense...what the Sam Houston Hell was that?!?!? It was Croom bad except for the part where we moved the ball a lot in the 1st Q. ****ing unacceptable.

hells bells
08-31-2013, 08:29 PM
Lots of good tackling. Lots of shedding blocks to make a tackle. There was obviously a containment problem on some read plays.

The went soft late after it was apparent that the offense peaked out at 3 points. I can't blame them for that.

But overall I am very very happy with what I saw in the defense.

The offense...what the Sam Houston Hell was that?!?!? It was Croom bad except for the part where we moved the ball a lot in the 1st Q. ****ing unacceptable.

The defense did all it could and well coached. Offense, just short of a disaster.

CowtownDawg
08-31-2013, 08:36 PM
The defense did all it could and well coached. Offense, just short of a disaster.

No, the offense made Katrina look like a spring shower.

Bully13
08-31-2013, 08:38 PM
the D showed up like nobody's bidness.. God knows how well it would have looked had our O showed one Ounce of inspiration instead of a bunch of 17tards that we saw today; they sucked cocked today and I hope they 17ing toss and turn tonight like I will.... this 17ing season is over.....nothing has improved...we suck aGAIN...

MetEdDawg
08-31-2013, 08:47 PM
Obviously the talent level is much better now than it was then, but the premise is the same. A defense that is talented and SEC caliber, but an offense that can't sustain drives and score points, so the defense breaks down in the 3rd quarter and can't continue stopping teams.

Only way this changes is if we go to Dak and he learns how to control this offense. He's got the tools and the decision making skills, but he's going to have to get on the same page as the first team offense. That only comes with practice, and I hope he gets the 1st team snaps from here on out because that's the only way we can make something of this season.