PDA

View Full Version : So, we've basically lost 3 game on the last play.

Bucky Dog
10-23-2016, 06:33 AM
And a fourth, LSU, had the ball with one last possession and a small chance to tie or win. Auburn was the only game that was over before it started.

It's sickening to think that if we had the players to make a few more plays, or just make one play on those last drives, or coaches calling the right plays, or schemes to put kids in the right spot, we are easily 5-2 right now!!

The bottom line is we have the losses we do because yes, we are young and inexperienced and only going to get better, we have seniors getting silly penalties and not making plays when the game is on the line and not making plays throughout the game we should be making, especially on defense. And at times we as coaches aren't game planning right, or calling the right plays, playing the best platings, and for the love of God rushing 3 and setting up a loss in the prevent last night.

My point is, as frustrated as we all are, ther is a fine line right now with this ffotball team and we have seemed to be on the other side of it more often than not. We have to learn to win, and expect it. Our coaches have to play the best players and coach to win!

Guys we have a chance to have our best recruiting class and we can hope that Mullen will release his DC to be more aggressive and get rid of his friends on staff that are holding us back. In the grand scheme of things we have to remember that we have a HUGE, HUGE OPPORTUNITY this year to take advantage of what is and about to happen to OM. If we keep Mullen and Sirmon and Buckly and our fan base stays together, OM is going to end up with at least 5 losses and will get hammered by the NCAA. You are starting to see the team turn on each other. They had 2 separate incidents on the sidelinelast night with players scuffling with each other, Freeze is throwing people under the base again and is starting to lose it.

Stay together, let this play out and do not be our own worst enemy.

Todd4State
10-23-2016, 06:42 AM
We shouldn't be one play win/lose from winning South Alabama, BYU, and Kentucky. Sometimes you need to treat a wound for it to heal.

msbulldog
10-23-2016, 06:43 AM
"Stay together, let this play out and do not be our own worst enemy."
Well said. Hail State!

TNDawg35
10-23-2016, 06:51 AM
We have seniors who need to be sitting the bench is what we have. We have young guys who need to be playing and getting game reps..

We have a QB who had like 90 something yrds against KY... That is pathetic...

Bucky Dog
10-23-2016, 07:06 AM
We shouldn't be one play win/lose from winning South Alabama, BYU, and Kentucky. Sometimes you need to treat a wound for it to heal.

I completely agree, Todd. That's frustrating but regardless, we are mostly young and that will change with experience and better recruiting. And as I said hopefully with coaching changes in mindset and some personnel.

Bucky Dog
10-23-2016, 07:08 AM
We have seniors who need to be sitting the bench is what we have. We have young guys who need to be playing and getting game reps..

We have a QB who had like 90 something yrds against KY... That is pathetic...

And I noticed in the pressed that Mullen said he needed to get the younger players more involved and we started 3 true freshmen last night. Don't know if the light switched on for him, but you play the best players, regardless!

RiverCityDawg
10-23-2016, 07:52 AM
And I noticed in the pressed that Mullen said he needed to get the younger players more involved and we started 3 true freshmen last night. Don't know if the light switched on for him, but you play the best players, regardless!

I think it was more about him knowing he's now rebuilding for the future rather than trying to make a bowl.

ShotgunDawg
10-23-2016, 08:46 AM
I completely agree, Todd. That's frustrating but regardless, we are mostly young and that will change with experience and better recruiting. And as I said hopefully with coaching changes in mindset and some personnel.

Inexperienced players had nothing to do with many of the problems we saw last night.

Last night we were out of position on defense. Meaning the scheme that was drawn up didn't have people lining up in the correct spot & those people didn't know their responsibilities.

This team is terrible &, unless dramatic changes are made on the coaching staff, all experience will do is make them a slightly less frustrating version of themselves.

It's time to clean house.

In the South Alabama game, the offense couldn't score in the second half.
In the Auburn game, the offense & defense couldn't do anything.
In the BYU game, the offense made crazy mistake after crazy mistake.
In the Kentucky game, our QB can't throw 10 yards down field & our defense can't come close to stopping an awful offense.

See what I'm getting at here? Where do you even start to rebuild this. Our offense sucks, our kicking game sucks, our OL sucks, & our defense sucks. When you have to fix everything, you just fire the head coach & start over.

This team literally does nothing well. They have soft, bad players that compound their softness & poor talent by being out of position all the time. Mullen absolutely whiffed in recruiting 3 & 4 years ago & now he has a team with absolutely no upper classmen leadership & no talent. The talented young guys don't even have anyone to look to for guidance.

If you want to know the mental makeup of the upper classmen on this team, look no further than we had two would be SRs declare for the NFL draft last year & go undrafted. That should have been a major warning sign that something wasn't right not only with the makeup of the upperclassmen but also with the coaching staff. Buncha turds

Dawgtini
10-23-2016, 11:27 AM
And a fourth, LSU, had the ball with one last possession and a small chance to tie or win. Auburn was the only game that was over before it started.

It's sickening to think that if we had the players to make a few more plays, or just make one play on those last drives, or coaches calling the right plays, or schemes to put kids in the right spot, we are easily 5-2 right now!!

The bottom line is we have the losses we do because yes, we are young and inexperienced and only going to get better, we have seniors getting silly penalties and not making plays when the game is on the line and not making plays throughout the game we should be making, especially on defense. And at times we as coaches aren't game planning right, or calling the right plays, playing the best platings, and for the love of God rushing 3 and setting up a loss in the prevent last night.

My point is, as frustrated as we all are, ther is a fine line right now with this ffotball team and we have seemed to be on the other side of it more often than not. We have to learn to win, and expect it. Our coaches have to play the best players and coach to win!

Guys we have a chance to have our best recruiting class and we can hope that Mullen will release his DC to be more aggressive and get rid of his friends on staff that are holding us back. In the grand scheme of things we have to remember that we have a HUGE, HUGE OPPORTUNITY this year to take advantage of what is and about to happen to OM. If we keep Mullen and Sirmon and Buckly and our fan base stays together, OM is going to end up with at least 5 losses and will get hammered by the NCAA. You are starting to see the team turn on each other. They had 2 separate incidents on the sidelinelast night with players scuffling with each other, Freeze is throwing people under the base again and is starting to lose it.

Stay together, let this play out and do not be our own worst enemy.
I said something similar last night. This team is getting better each week. We just need to stay the course. Mullen letting so many young guys get reps last night was just what many posters said they wanted to see. "if we are gonna lose at least let's lose with the young guys so we have that experience next year. I can handle losing if he would only play the younger more talented guys". You are getting your wish. I think we have a shot at 4 of the next 5 after watching games this weekend. Hold on and let's let this thing play out.

Dawgfan77
10-23-2016, 11:56 AM
It's coaching or lack there of... don't read into that we are close understand we have a staff that doesn't know how to win and i with the locker room going ape shit crazy the players don't care about winning

GTHOM
10-23-2016, 11:59 AM
This team is not ''young''. 30 of the 44 on the 2 deep are 3 year players. There is no excuse for this abortion of a football team. Clean house, T Buck can stay if he wants.

Drugdog
10-23-2016, 01:55 PM

Excellent point Todd!

JoseBrown
10-23-2016, 05:09 PM
And every single one of those teams can do the same thing. They can find one play away from beating us worse too. Then the last plays wouldn't have mattered. We are who we are and its from top to bottom.

#agenda

Todd4State
10-23-2016, 06:00 PM
I said something similar last night. This team is getting better each week. We just need to stay the course. Mullen letting so many young guys get reps last night was just what many posters said they wanted to see. "if we are gonna lose at least let's lose with the young guys so we have that experience next year. I can handle losing if he would only play the younger more talented guys". You are getting your wish. I think we have a shot at 4 of the next 5 after watching games this weekend. Hold on and let's let this thing play out.

Wanna bet some v cash that we come a lot closer to losing the next four out five than winning? If you think that us allowing 30+ points to Kentucky is improvement you've had too many martini's.

Homedawg
10-23-2016, 06:10 PM

Do what???😳 Now you aren't even a glass half full guy, you are the worlds biggest optimist.

lamont
10-23-2016, 06:37 PM
I said something similar last night. This team is getting better each week..

No, no we're not

Auburn is an example of a team getting better every week
Kentucky is a team that's an example of a team getting better each week.

Miss. State is not. If we played South Alabama, BYU, or Kentucky again next week- I cant say that we would beat them.

dawgday166
10-23-2016, 08:39 PM
By the time we roll into Bammer country, we'll be ready to win the close one against them.

JoseBrown
10-23-2016, 09:13 PM
By the time we roll into Bammer country, we'll be ready to win the close one against them.

Shiiiiitttee!****

For a developmental program, we ain't developed anyone worth a shit...

I am literally worried about the health of some of our players after the first half. We gonna need three qb's in that game, hell Wyatt Roberts or Fred Ross maybe our QB at some point in the 2nd half.

dawgday166
10-23-2016, 09:24 PM
Shiiiiitttee!****

For a developmental program, we ain't developed anyone worth a shit...

I am literally worried about the health of some of our players after the first half. We gonna need three qb's in that game, hell Wyatt Roberts or Fred Ross maybe our QB at some point in the 2nd half.

Yea ... it ain't gonna be pretty. We get drubbed by them every year except 2013 & 2014 but this year ... Those are the only years I thought we tried hard to smack them back for 4 qtrs. Most of the time we quit hitting them sometime during the 2nd.

Maybe ole Nick will call the dogs off about halfway or a little less in the 1st quarter.

But we almost having a great season ******