PDA

View Full Version : Why did we not Ice the kicker?

It_Could_Happen
10-22-2016, 11:34 PM
Anyone have any idea? Guess we are saving those timeouts so we have 5 in the first half next week.

JoseBrown
10-22-2016, 11:37 PM
That's not the Dan way. I thought briefly we would too, but then remembered who our coach is...

ShotgunDawg
10-22-2016, 11:38 PM
Cause that would have required effort.

TimberBeast
10-22-2016, 11:40 PM
Anyone have any idea? Guess we are saving those timeouts so we have 5 in the first half next week.

My daughter and I were discussing whether or not you call the second timeout or not or when you call it to ice him a second time. Neither of us could fathom that we didn't even call the first timeout. It's just stupid.

It_Could_Happen
10-22-2016, 11:42 PM
Makes no sense. He'd already missed a chip shot.

Quaoarsking
10-23-2016, 12:10 AM
Icing the kicker has been proven statistically not to work over and over again. At this point, it's just a silly superstition.

Goldendawg
10-23-2016, 12:15 AM
Better yet, why did we rush only 3 and play a prevent (you from winning) defense every play of that drive? Some teams do recruit a kicker that can kick a 51 yd FG from right in the middle of a artificial field on the last play. BTW, we didn't deserve to win this dumpster fire of a showing in a lost year anyway. Not Hail State, we look like Hell State under Mullen.

TimberBeast
10-23-2016, 12:37 AM
Icing the kicker has been proven statistically not to work over and over again. At this point, it's just a silly superstition.

Stupid. Its not how often it works, it's that you don't leave timeouts in your pocket without at least trying. The problem is mullen isn't even trying anymore.

defiantdog
10-23-2016, 07:42 AM
Post the stats..... because I think you are completely wrong. Icing a college kicker at 51 yards is much more beneficial then letting the ****er go in with confidence and a rhythm from practicing on the sidelines.

Really Clark?
10-23-2016, 08:14 AM
Post the stats..... because I think you are completely wrong. Icing a college kicker at 51 yards is much more beneficial then letting the ****er go in with confidence and a rhythm from practicing on the sidelines.

Here is article about it with a several coach also agreeing it's a 50/50 deal. In real percentages it's 72% to 73%, according to the article.

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2014/09/18/does-icing-kicker-work-numbers-say-it-doesnt-matter-with-game-on-line.html