PDA

View Full Version : Last offensive drive

msstate7
10-22-2016, 11:10 PM
1st and goal and we end up passing 3 times. We scored, but we were gashing them running. Why not keep running, make them use TOs or not leave any time left? Mullen just panicked again... just like the 2nd OT vs byu. I know we scored, but you have to play the scoreboard and the clock there

bluelightstar
10-22-2016, 11:10 PM
Because he's lost it.

ShotgunDawg
10-22-2016, 11:12 PM
Because he's lost it.

This.

He's lost it. Logic no not apply anymore

TimberBeast
10-22-2016, 11:13 PM
1st and goal and we end up passing 3 times. We scored, but we were gashing them running. Why not keep running, make them use TOs or not leave any time left? Mullen just panicked again... just like the 2nd OT vs byu. I know we scored, but you have to play the scoreboard and the clock there

That is mullen ball. It's been the same since he's been here. Look at our 2nd overtime drive last week. He can't help it.

dawgday166
10-22-2016, 11:17 PM
I've always thought he was a horrible clock manager. He runs when he should pass and pass when he should run (an oversimplification but somewhat true). He doesn't keep track of his timeouts. He always passes to the middle of the field (and often short of the chains) when needing to stop the clock and the players never get out of bounds when they need to. If we need to hurry, he slows down. If we need to slow down, he plays up tempo.

klong-dog
10-22-2016, 11:21 PM
Yes, after 1st down alil over a min left, inside the 10, I was telling my wife, if UK is smart here, they'll call a TO, then I saw us get ready to snap, I said if we're smart here, we run the clock down. Snapped with about 15 secs left on play clock. Just pure stupidity imo at this level.

DownwardDawg
10-22-2016, 11:22 PM
I've always thought he was a horrible clock manager. He runs when he should pass and pass when he should run (an oversimplification but somewhat true). He doesn't keep track of his timeouts. He always passes to the middle of the field (and often short of the chains) when needing to stop the clock and the players never get out of bounds when they need to. If we need to hurry, he slows down. If we need to slow down, he plays up tempo.

This showed up in his very first season. Remember the LSU game? He got cute and it cost us the game. If we had ran Dixon 4 times in a row we win. He can't help himself.

TimberBeast
10-22-2016, 11:22 PM

Absolutely, 100% correct. That's about the easiest way to put it. I have said since the day he started that what we are watching isn't football. It's all completely backwards.

TimberBeast
10-22-2016, 11:23 PM
This showed up in his very first season. Remember the LSU game? He got cute and it cost us the game. If we had ran Dixon 4 times in a row we win. He can't help himself.

Yep, he completely lost me that game, regardless of everything else.

dawgday166
10-22-2016, 11:25 PM
Absolutely, 100% correct. That's about the easiest way to put it. I have said since the day he started that what we are watching isn't football. It's all completely backwards.

In all honesty he'd have a really exceptional record and would've won some bigger games if he could just manage the clock.

TimberBeast
10-22-2016, 11:29 PM
In all honesty he'd have a really exceptional record and would've won some bigger games if he could just manage the clock.

You are correct, he simply can't get out of his own way.

dawgday166
10-22-2016, 11:35 PM
You are correct, he simply can't get out of his own way.

That and coach up a good FG kicker. Our FG kicking always sucks.

HoopsDawg
10-22-2016, 11:38 PM
Yep, he completely lost me that game, regardless of everything else.

lol. You can't be real.

msstate7
10-22-2016, 11:42 PM
lol. You can't be real.

That was when timberbeast started calling for Mullen's head. Yeah, it's taken a while, but who's laughing now?**

TimberBeast
10-22-2016, 11:44 PM
lol. You can't be real.

Been saying it ever since then. When he had success I said I couldn't explain it but I'll take the wins and the records, but it's coming back on us now. A couple of those years were fun but always hard to watch every single game. I've said on here before that I hate for my kids to watch us play because it's retarded football. Since day one.

Todd4State
10-22-2016, 11:49 PM
Even with the bad play calling there, they still only had a 1:09 on the clock left. And it's not like Stoops looked like the second coming of Bill Walsh on their final drive either. But the problem was we went full on prevent and allowed them to get in field goal range. We out dumbed them.

dawgday166
10-22-2016, 11:52 PM
Even with the bad play calling there, they still only had a 1:09 on the clock left. And it's not like Stoops looked like the second coming of Bill Walsh on their final drive either. But the problem was we went full on prevent and allowed them to get in field goal range. We out dumbed them.

Ha! Seems like a lot of coaches are the 2nd coming of Bill Walsh and QBs are the second coming of Joe Cool against us. Auburn 2013.

Todd4State
10-22-2016, 11:52 PM

Exactly and tonight if by slim chance they do stop us running the ball all we had to do was call a TO since we had THREE at our disposal to draw something up. Dan also lost the LSU game last year by not calling a TO and costing us a delay of game penalty which put us just out of Bell's range. 1A/1B ad nauseum cost us Alabama and Ole Miss in 2014. I could go on.

bluelightstar
10-22-2016, 11:55 PM
Dan owes Dak millions.

msstate7
10-22-2016, 11:57 PM
Dan owes Dak millions.

Ridiculous... dak could barely complete passes when he got here. Dan deserves a ripping, but not over dak. Dak would tell you you're wrong on this

bluelightstar
10-22-2016, 11:58 PM
Ridiculous... dak could barely complete passes when he got here. Dan deserves a ripping, but not over dak. Dak would tell you you're wrong on this

We have 19 wins over 2 years because of Dak. Dan can develop QBs but we don't need a $4million QB coach.

msstate7
10-23-2016, 12:01 AM
We have 19 wins over 2 years because of Dak. Dan can develop QBs but we don't need a $4million QB coach.

That's fair, but no way in the world is dak playing for the cowboys next week if he accepted lsu's te offer

TimberBeast
10-23-2016, 12:33 AM

What? You have been all over fitz this season, including today. Dak was bad passing his sophomore season too but that's ok for him then, but not for fitz now?

msstate7
10-23-2016, 12:37 AM
What? You have been all over fitz this season, including today. Dak was bad passing his sophomore season too but that's ok for him then, but not for fitz now?

Not sure how you got that out of what I wrote.

BTW, now that a bowl is completely out of the question, I won't call for Williams again. Wouldn't mind seeing tiano get a series this week though

Maroonthirteen
10-23-2016, 05:56 AM

Also 2010 vs Arkansas. In regulation, we need a TD to win. We ran ran ran the ball all the way down inside the 20. Ate up a bunch of clock, leaving ourselves just enough time to kick a fg to tie.

Then we get into OT...no clock....and throw the ball all over the place with Relf.

RiverCityDawg
10-23-2016, 07:59 AM

This. The defensive strategy that last drive was the worst thing he's don't to date outside of the fake punt against Auburn. It's as if he thought they needed a touchdown instead of a field goal. Rush 3, drop 8 and not cover anyone right down the field. It was like we were point shedding, trying to lose.

Mutt the Hoople
10-23-2016, 08:32 AM
IMHO, Dan's probably got a sweet gig coming up with ESPN, replacing Lee Corso putting the Mascot head on every week. He's running five miles a day to get himself to look better, he's been on the interview trail polishing up his interview skills. And the best thing is, he's getting paid $4,000,000 a year to do this.

My guess is that his schtick when he's doing College Game Day is to make fun of Starkville ("heh heh heh, I found out why they call it STARK ville, heh heh heh").

MarketingBully
10-23-2016, 09:42 AM

Apples and oranges. Dak had that "it" factor and was a bonifide leader when he stepped foot on campus. Fitz isn't. Dak grew into his abilities but always had that leadership trait inside of him. You either have it or you don't. Dak has it and Fitz does not. If I'm not mistaken, Thompson has the "it" factor as well and should easily beat out Fitz next year. IMO, Mullen did such a shitty job of QB recruiting and missing on so many QBs that we were left with what we have this year as a result.

MarketingBully
10-23-2016, 09:45 AM
Not sure how you got that out of what I wrote.

BTW, now that a bowl is completely out of the question, I want call for Williams again. Wouldn't mind seeing tiano get a series this week though

Yeah, let's ride that Fitz train all the way to 3-9! Woohoo!

KOdawg1
10-23-2016, 09:46 AM
Apples and oranges. Dak had that "it" factor and was a bonifide leader when he stepped foot on campus. Fitz isn't. Dak grew into his abilities but always had that leadership trait inside of him. You either have it or you don't. Dak has it and Fitz does not. If I'm not mistaken, Thompson has the "it" factor as well and should easily beat out Fitz next year. IMO, Mullen did such a shitty job of QB recruiting and missing on so many QBs that we were left with what we have this year as a result.
That's why I say play Tiano from here on out. Let him and Thompson battle for it next year. Fitz is not the answer

msstate7
10-23-2016, 09:48 AM
Yeah, let's ride that Fitz train all the way to 3-9! Woohoo!

In the words of Hillary Clinton, "...what difference does it make at this point?" Fortunately we only lost a few football games here and not some American citizens

KOdawg1
10-23-2016, 09:53 AM
In the words of Hillary Clinton, "...what difference does it make at this point?" Fortunately we only lost a few football games here and not some American citizens

I laughed