PDA

View Full Version : Y'all know how I feel about firing Dan this year....

CadaverDawg
10-22-2016, 10:54 PM
But I can no longer defend him after tonight. You're on your own, Dan.

WSOPdawg
10-22-2016, 10:57 PM

^^^ up-vote

msstate7
10-22-2016, 10:59 PM
I don't really care if he stays or goes anymore. If he comes back though, I hope he cans the whole staff save Buckley.

Sacrifice
What scares me the most is we may have to put up with another season of this

HoopsDawg

everybody's emotional and pissed off right now. I get that. But what changed? This loss wasn't as bad as USA or BYU. I'm actually glad Mullen played a lot of young guys tonight to look to get ready for the future. I didn't expect that at all.

starkvegasdawg
10-22-2016, 11:00 PM
Odds some drunk frat boys have already rolled his yard?

Taog Redloh
10-22-2016, 11:01 PM
everybody's emotional and pissed off right now. I get that. But what changed? This loss wasn't as bad as USA or BYU. I'm actually glad Mullen played a lot of young guys tonight to look to get ready for the future. I didn't expect that at all.

Uhh yeah it was. This shit was pretty damn bad.

bluelightstar
10-22-2016, 11:02 PM

Kentucky is horrible and they should've blown us out. 26 first downs and nearly 600 yards of offense. We really should have been blown out. When you are getting dominated by Kentucky, there's some serious problems.

HoopsDawg
10-22-2016, 11:03 PM

Oh, so you expected us to beat UK at UK? We lost to USA (who's 0-4 in the Sunbelt) and we struggled with 1-7 UMASS. Newsflash, we aren't as good as UK.

blacklistedbully
10-22-2016, 11:06 PM
I don't really care if he stays or goes anymore. If he comes back though, I hope he cans the whole staff save Buckley.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9tK3FqISBs

ShotgunDawg
10-22-2016, 11:07 PM

I'm with you Cadaver. There's just too many schematic and structural things wrong with the program. I have no clue how he would put it back together.

Dawgology
10-22-2016, 11:07 PM
Oh, so you expected us to beat UK at UK? We lost to USA (who's 0-4 in the Sunbelt) and we struggled with 1-7 UMASS. Newsflash, we aren't as good as UK.

That's not a ****ing excuse that's ****ing unacceptable. My god!!

Goldendawg
10-22-2016, 11:08 PM
Who in his right mind would want to work for this arrogant, know it all rich quitter at this point in his so-called program? I too want his posse fired, but he can;t keep D coaches now. He'll get nothing but out of work retreads or unqualified staff just like Jackie his last couple of years. If we truly have a "fund" to pay off this disaster, past time to do it. He is now a celeb in his own mind and a very rich one from MSU, who are some of the most passionate fans in the world. Time to start now with a new coach who wants to be here and hires assts who want to earn their $ and care about MSU and success.

ShotgunDawg
10-22-2016, 11:09 PM

What changed for me tonight was just seeing how poorly coached we really are.

I'd given some Mullen some slack for inexperienced players but tonight was different. Would couldn't line up right and the calls made no sense.

I just don't know how he comes back next year and puts this back together.

Taog Redloh
10-22-2016, 11:09 PM

Yeah, I did. Either way it's not good news. Just like with Croom and sherrill, it's over for Mullen.

ShotgunDawg
10-22-2016, 11:10 PM

We should be far better than them on paper. We have significantly better players. That's the problem

GTHOM
10-22-2016, 11:10 PM

BYU is better than Kentucky

Tbonewannabe
10-22-2016, 11:43 PM
Kentucky is horrible and they should've blown us out. 26 first downs and nearly 600 yards of offense. We really should have been blown out. When you are getting dominated by Kentucky, there's some serious problems.

We were physically dominated by UK. I didn't think that would ever happen.

Coursesuper
10-22-2016, 11:54 PM

You are the kind of people that are wrong with America. You enjoy participation trophies so have fun with the tens of others at the game next week.

Todd4State
10-22-2016, 11:58 PM

YES I EXPECT TO BEAT KENTUCKY! I mean, damn...

Activated Alpha
10-23-2016, 12:12 AM
I'm usually optimistic, but to those rose smelling shit pumpers, yall do know we would be flat out dominated by Vandy...

Goldendawg
10-23-2016, 12:18 AM
Not Hail State, but we are now Hell State under Mullen.

Bothrops
10-23-2016, 12:29 AM
What scares me the most is we may have to put up with another season of this

Absolutely we will. Then have to try a rebuild in 2018. I hope everyone made the most of the bowl years, 2010-2015..and having Dak. It was a great run for us.

Barring an impressive hire, It is time to forget about football. We have basketball and baseball to look forward to.

bluelightstar
10-23-2016, 12:49 AM
On the one hand, I'm glad Mullen is getting these losses added to his record after he stopped recruiting thinking he was heading for a bigger job. On the other hand, how classless is it that a school makes you a multimillionaire and you just stopped working because you thought you'd be gone by the time everything went to crap?

ShotgunDawg
10-23-2016, 12:57 AM
On the one hand, I'm glad Mullen is getting these losses added to his record after he stopped recruiting thinking he was heading for a bigger job. On the other hand, how classless is it that a school makes you a multimillionaire and you just stopped working because you thought you'd be gone by the time everything went to crap?

I echo this. I'm damn glad he's having to sleep in the bed he made and I hope it ruins his career like it did Orgeron.

Mullen was absolutely classless and immature.

All this being said, when he leaves, the media will blame MSU not Mullen. The narrative will be, "You can't win at MSU". When, in reality Mullen did win at MSU until he quit on the program. With just a little extra effort in recruiting, we were headed towards big things.

Bothrops
10-23-2016, 01:06 AM
I echo this. I'm damn glad he's having to sleep in the bed he made and I hope it ruins his career like it did Orgeron.

All this being said, when he leaves, the media will blame MSU not Mullen. The narrative will be, "You can't win at MSU". When, in reality Mullen did win at MSU until he quit on the program. With just a little extra effort in recruiting, we were headed towards big things.

Sad, but true.

TimberBeast
10-23-2016, 01:17 AM

Yep, great post

SPMT
10-23-2016, 08:51 AM

Not necessarily disagreeing, but where was he classless and immature?

I just can't evidence other than some observation that he has been all in.

99.9% of our problem seems to be lack of talent.

msstate7
10-23-2016, 08:58 AM

If a football coach starts losing it's bc he no longer cares and he's immature. Football games are won by which coach cares more and said coach's maturity level. I.E. -- stoops cared more than Mullen and is more mature**

ShotgunDawg
10-23-2016, 09:02 AM

It was classless & immature to hold a program that's paying you 4+ mil hostage by continuing to look for other jobs & not dispel rumors about it.

He made his bed.

bluelightstar
10-23-2016, 09:04 AM
If a football coach starts losing it's bc he no longer cares and he's immature. Football games are won by which coach cares more and said coach's maturity level. I.E. -- stoops cared more than Mullen and is more mature**

I think you know that the point is he did not put the necessary effort into recruiting because he didn't think it was going to be his problem who is on our team after Dak Prescott was gone. I mean, for goodness sake man, we don't even have enough people on scholarship.

preachermatt83
10-23-2016, 09:22 AM
I still stand with what I stated yesterday... I'm for keeping him if he will make drastic changes with the staff. I just think the recruiting class could be program changing and we lose the biggest ones if we fire Mullen. Also, it's an awful year to be coach hunting. Having said that, it wouldn't bother me too bad if he leaves, just think it's not a good time right now. If he leaves we need to hire Fleck or Brohm. I bet we would hire miles though and that would make me vomit.

HoopsDawg
10-23-2016, 09:28 AM
I still stand with what I stated yesterday... I'm for keeping him if he will make drastic changes with the staff. I just think the recruiting class could be program changing and we lose the biggest ones if we fire Mullen. Also, it's an awful year to be coach hunting. Having said that, it wouldn't bother me too bad if he leaves, just think it's not a good time right now. If he leaves we need to hire Fleck or Brohm. I bet we would hire miles though and that would make me vomit.

Sensible post in a sea of morons.

KOdawg1
10-23-2016, 09:35 AM
I'm usually optimistic, but to those rose smelling shit pumpers, yall do know we would be flat out dominated by Vandy...
Vandy would stomp us. It's honestly a miracle we beat South Carolina. We're the worst team in the SEC

AROB44
10-23-2016, 09:57 AM
Who in his right mind would want to work for this arrogant, know it all rich quitter at this point in his so-called program? I too want his posse fired, but he can;t keep D coaches now. He'll get nothing but out of work retreads or unqualified staff just like Jackie his last couple of years. If we truly have a "fund" to pay off this disaster, past time to do it. He is now a celeb in his own mind and a very rich one from MSU, who are some of the most passionate fans in the world. Time to start now with a new coach who wants to be here and hires assts who want to earn their $ and care about MSU and success.

MSU fans are no different than fans of other schools.

civildawg
10-23-2016, 10:14 AM
Sensible post in a sea of morons.

When everyone disagrees with you maybe it's time to look in the mirror and ask yourself "am I the moron?"

Coursesuper
10-23-2016, 10:18 AM

My problem with drastic staff changes is, what quality coach is going to come into a situation that might only be one year. Better to go ahead and make the change.

msstate7
10-23-2016, 10:25 AM
When everyone disagrees with you maybe it's time to look in the mirror and ask yourself "am I the moron?"

I think you'd find there's a ton of opposition to group think here, but it's a silent crowd compared to the pitchforks group

msstate7
10-23-2016, 10:27 AM
My problem with drastic staff changes is, what quality coach is going to come into a situation that might only be one year. Better to go ahead and make the change.

If all the HC turnover happens that's expected, there will be plenty of good assistant coaches looking for work

Bully13
10-23-2016, 10:33 AM

what I can't tolerate with this shit show is that it coincides with him so aggressively looking elsewhere to reside. good coaches who turn programs around like Mullen did typically don't have to go job hunting. the elite programs come looking for you. another thing that concerns me is that had that FG not gone thru, there would be folks here saying "keep hope alive". as if that last play erases all the other shit we've seen season to date.

dawgday166
10-23-2016, 10:39 AM

We are deficient of talent in some areas, especially Oline, CBs, and WRs. But there is talent in the other places, they just ain't being coached well or motivated well (I'd actually say some of both). So the 99.9% is a bit exaggerated IMO. We have more talent than KY, USA, and probably BYU.

Coursesuper
10-23-2016, 10:55 AM
If all the HC turnover happens that's expected, there will be plenty of good assistant coaches looking for work

There always are good asst around but the good ones will be very hesitant to jump into a situation that is a one and done deal. The quality asst will get snapped up in the other changes and we will get left with what the other guys didn't want. If changes are made you either make it all or nothing.