PDA

View Full Version : Time to Clean House

ShotgunDawg
10-22-2016, 10:42 PM
I've been a huge Mullen supporter and the one to tell other posters to step off the ledge, but that changes now.

I'm not overly passionate right now and am thinking objectively.

It's come to the point where everyone is to blame and, when that happens, it's time to clean house. Tonight I didn't see inexperience as much as I saw below average players with no football skills that are out of place on the field.

- Our body types don't look right. Not sure if it's the strength and conditioning program or just poor recruiting, but all of our players have big upper halfs and lean lower halfs. Something isn't right.

- Our scheme on defense makes no sense per down and distance. Starting with Auburn's first TD on us, we give the flats away to the RB on every short yardage play. Something isn't right.

- We have poorly timed penalties by upper class men every week. Something isn't right.

- We leave people wide open in the secondary in prevent defense. Something isn't right.

- Sirmon was a worthless hire. He's simply in over his head. Perhaps his defense takes longer to grasp that this, but, when your giving 10 yards cushion in 3rd and 3, something isn't right. I'm always skeptical about NFL guys because I don't think they grasp the passion needed in college football. The NFL is about Xs and Os and technique whereas college football is about passion, effort, and physicality.

- This staff has whiffed on a ton of good recruits. These guys can't play. For a development program, no one is developing. Something isn't right.

- We can't punt when every other team has an Australian punter. Why haven't we been creative like that? You don't have to out recruit Bama for kickers and punters. So why are ours bad? Something isn't right.

- This team has zero physicality. Something isn't right.

So to conclude, MSU Football means an awful lot to me and the state of Mississippi, yet we've got a head coach and coaching staff that has put everything else above that. There's an old saying that patting yourself on the back will get you fired and what we have here is a perfect example of that. We have a staff that patted themselves on the back and simply stopped working. Sure, they showed up everyday, but they lost the day to day excellence that it takes to win in this league. They thought they had it figured out. After getting to number 1, SI asked Mullen, "What will you change now that you've gotten to number 1?" His answer, "nothing". That may sound good but the correct answer should have been "everything". Once you have success, people copy you and if you don't continue to adapt and push the envelope on a daily basis, you get left behind and fired.

It's over. We'll lose some recruits and that's Ok. At this point Humpty Dumpty has fallen off the wall and all the kings horses and all the kings men can't put him back together again. We are broke and I have no clue how to piece it back together. Our staff patted themselves on the backs when they should've been working to improve.

At the end of the day, it's that simple.

GTHOM
10-22-2016, 10:46 PM
I've been a huge Mullen supporter and the one to tell other posters to step off the ledge, but that changes now.

I'm not overly passionate right now and am thinking objectively.

It's come to the point where everyone is to blame and, when that happens, it's time to clean house. Tonight I didn't see inexperience as much as I saw below average players with no football skills that are out of place on the field.

- Our body types don't look right. Not sure if it's the strength and conditioning program or just poor recruiting, but all of our players have big upper halfs and lean lower halfs. Something isn't right.

- Our scheme on defense makes no sense per down and distance. Starting with Auburn's first TD on us, we give the flats away to the RB on every short yardage play. Something isn't right.

- We have poorly timed penalties by upper class men every week. Something isn't right.

- We leave people wide open in the secondary in prevent defense. Something isn't right.

- Sirmon was a worthless hire. He's simply in over his head. Perhaps his defense takes longer to grasp that this, but, when your giving 10 yards cushion in 3rd and 3, something isn't right.

- This staff has whiffed on a ton of good recruits. These guys can't play. For a development program, no one is developing. Something isn't right.

- We can't punt when every other team has an Australian punter. Why haven't we been creative like that? You don't have to out recruit Bama for kickers and punters. So why are our bad? Something isn't right.

- This team has zero physicality. Something isn't right.

So to conclude, MSU Football means an awful lot to me and the state of Mississippi, yet we've got a head coach and coaching staff that has put everything else above that. There's an old saying that patting your self on the back will get you fired and what we have here is a perfect example of that. We have a staff that patted themselves on the back and simply stopped working. Sure, they showed up everyday, but they lost the day to day excellence that it takes to win in this league. They thought they had it figured out. After getting to number 1, SI asked Mullen, "What will you change now that you've gotten to number 1?" His answer, "nothing". That may sound good but the correct answer should have been "everything". Once you have success, people copy you and if you don't continue to adapt and push the envelope on a daily basis, you get left behind and fired.

It's over. We'll lose some recruits and that's Ok. At this point Humpty Dumpty has fallen off the wall and all the kings horses and all the kings men can't put him back together again. We are broke and I have no clue how to piece it back together. Our staff patted themselves on the backs when they should've been working to improve.

At the end of the day, it's that simple.

Dude we have been giving 10 yards of cushion on 3rd and 3 for Mullen's entire career. It aint Sirmon....also to go prevent and rush 3 when they only needed 15 or so to kick a game winner that is coaching malpractice. Just like in 2013 when we gave it to Auburn. Its time to start over because this is done

MetEdDawg
10-22-2016, 10:49 PM
Sallach, Knox, and Hevesy have to go. Mullen has kept that posse around I think to shield him from some level of scrutiny. Time to break that gang up. Additionally, if anyone ever questioned how important Balis was to this program, just look at what our guts look like now and what they looked like 3 years ago. Need a new S&C coach.

We also need to be willing to pay some damn money to make this work. If we want to be the best we have to pay like the best. Need millions of dollars to fix it.

dawgday166
10-22-2016, 10:50 PM
Dude we have been giving 10 yards of cushion on 3rd and 3 for Mullen's entire career. It aint Sirmon....also to go prevent and rush 3 when they only needed 15 or so to kick a game winner that is coaching malpractice. Just like in 2013 when we gave it to Auburn. Its time to start over because this is done

Someone has been paying attention!!

Bothrops
10-22-2016, 10:51 PM
Mullen sucks now. I'm not sure he'll ever be a winning coach again.

ShotgunDawg
10-22-2016, 10:53 PM
Sallach, Knox, and Hevesy have to go. Mullen has kept that posse around I think to shield him from some level of scrutiny. Time to break that gang up. Additionally, if anyone ever questioned how important Balis was to this program, just look at what our guts look like now and what they looked like 3 years ago. Need a new S&C coach.

We also need to be willing to pay some damn money to make this work. If we want to be the best we have to pay like the best. Need millions of dollars to fix it.

I don't know if you can keep Mullen and take away his staff. What will he have left then?

He patted himself on the back and got himself fired. He decided to become a celebrity coach instead of a grinder that had the capacity to make difficult decisions.

I will be forever grateful to Dan Mullen for what he did for MSU. He is the best coach we've had, but we are a new MSU that expects more than this.

I'd give Mullen another year if I thought this could be fixed, but I don't think it can. These players are really bad and there has been no leadership cultivated. This isn't about Dak. This about complete incompetence running the program right now.

Goldendawg
10-22-2016, 10:56 PM
No, past time to clean house. We could be this awful for far less than $4 plus million a year. In fact we have much of our history. At least Jackie took us to an SEC title game once. To me that was better than #1 in an opinion poll when we finished by losing what 3 of 4 and our "loyal" coach checked out in a selfish plan for himself. What's his winning record since #1?

bobtail bob
10-22-2016, 10:58 PM
Dan truly thinks he can half ass and jog his way into the sunset rich and healthy. His attention to detail is non existent. Millions change people.

ShotgunDawg
10-22-2016, 11:04 PM
Dan truly thinks he can half ass and jog his way into the sunset rich and healthy. His attention to detail is non existent. Millions change people.

Completely agree. Not sure I wouldn't do the same. It is what it is though. He can't coach or run a program any longer and it isn't MSU's fault. It's Mullen's fault

GTHOM
10-22-2016, 11:06 PM
No, past time to clean house. We could be this awful for far less than $4 plus million a year. In fact we have much of our history. At least Jackie took us to an SEC title game once. To me that was better than #1 in an opinion poll when we finished by losing what 3 of 4 and our "loyal" coach checked out in a selfish plan for himself. What's his winning record since #1?

It aint good