PDA

View Full Version : Sirmon Shold Be Kiffined at the Airport

Spiderman
10-22-2016, 10:30 PM
3 man rush does nothing but get you beat. And even covering with 8 we let a guy behind us who should have caught the TD.

The 2 gap, NFL defense experiment is a total failure..... as I feared and warned all here about.

BulldogBear
10-22-2016, 10:31 PM
Him and several others!!

Irondawg
10-22-2016, 10:36 PM
That was just bad all the way around. On that 3rd down we had to send pressure because giving up 15 yards get them a legit fg try. Instead we sit back and totally abandon that depth in the middle of the field. If he completes a 50 yard pass to beat you so be it. But you can't let him make an easy throw over the middle for 15.

There should have been at least 2 guys around that guy with what we were running.

I'm at a loss.

That's the 3rd time this year we've asked the defense to seal/win a game for us and they haven't haven't answered the bell at all.

HoopsDawg
10-22-2016, 10:39 PM
That was just bad all the way around. On that 3rd down we had to send pressure because giving up 15 yards get them a legit fg try. Instead we sit back and totally abandon that depth in the middle of the field. If he completes a 50 yard pass to beat you so be it. But you can't let him make an easy throw over the middle for 15.

There should have been at least 2 guys around that guy with what we were running.

I'm at a loss.

That's the 3rd time this year we've asked the defense to seal/win a game for us and they haven't haven't answered the bell at all.

Exactly, give up anything but a TD or a 15 yard gain. 30 yard gain would have been fine. Did I mention I hate the 3-4 defense in college football?

HoopsDawg
10-22-2016, 10:40 PM
Also, how the fck was Simmons not in at NT? He was the only guy making plays.

MetEdDawg
10-22-2016, 10:41 PM
In case y'all haven't noticed, this is the same thing we did with every single DC we've had. The one commonality is Mullen. Diaz did this, Collins did this. Either everybDC we've ever hired does the exact same thing, or Mullen is involved. I'll go with the latter.

Yes there are a few technique tweaks regarding gap alignment and such. But safeties covering slot guys from 10-15 yards off the LOS, matching up LBs on slot guys, losing TEs across the middle, no CB pressing, and late game prevent defense are all things we've seen every year.

Goldendawg
10-22-2016, 10:43 PM
No Dan should be Kiffined at the airport. He's the one who hired a guy who had never been a fulltime DC and probably tells him every move to make on D anyway. Looks good anyway when a coach's family didn't even move to Starkville as I have read.

ScoobaDawg
10-22-2016, 10:45 PM
In case y'all haven't noticed, this is the same thing we did with every single DC we've had. The one commonality is Mullen. Diaz did this, Collins did this. Either everybDC we've ever hired does the exact same thing, or Mullen is involved. I'll go with the latter.

Yes there are a few technique tweaks regarding gap alignment and such. But safeties covering slot guys from 10-15 yards off the LOS, matching up LBs on slot guys, losing TEs across the middle, no CB pressing, and late game prevent defense are all things we've seen every year.

Exactly. the person who should take responsibilty won't be held to it tonight.
Ride the season out and hope for the best after...

anubus
Sirmon isn't a good coordinator esp. at crunch time.No pressure on that last drive.After I watch the rest of LSU vs the sissy bears, I'm gonna do a prevent of watching the rest of football season.Basketball right around the corner.

Dawgology
I DO NOT agree. I hear he is a hell of a recruiter and whoever replaces him will just run the same thing. I tried to deny it but after 5 different DC's running the same prevent bend don't break BS it is apparent that this is a Mullen scheme. Keep Sirmon and let him recruit. It doesn't matter.

Treemydawg
10-22-2016, 10:47 PM
3 man rush does nothing but get you beat. And even covering with 8 we let a guy behind us who should have caught the TD.

The 2 gap, NFL defense experiment is a total failure..... as I feared and warned all here about.

That isn't on Sirmon. It's on Mullen. We have had the same defensive scheme no matter the coordinator skid marks whole tenure.

ScoobaDawg
10-22-2016, 10:48 PM
I DO NOT agree. I hear he is a hell of a recruiter and whoever replaces him will just run the same thing. I tried to deny it but after 5 different DC's running the same prevent bend don't break BS it is apparent that this is a Mullen scheme. Keep Sirmon and let him recruit. It doesn't matter.

Thats true.. doesn't matter if we like him or not.. he will be done in a month once the season is over.

HoopsDawg
10-22-2016, 10:50 PM
That isn't on Sirmon. It's on Mullen. We have had the same defensive scheme no matter the coordinator skid marks whole tenure.

our defensive scheme is entirely different this year. Have you been paying attention at all?

HoopsDawg
10-22-2016, 10:51 PM

Do you idiots not realize we are running a 3-4 this year with some totally different techniques?

anubus
Then that's ridiculous Mullen doesn't let his coordinators do their jobs and hold them accountable (Hevesey). Put heat on the damn qb instead of letting him throw at will....oh well I'm not a coach but I would get tired of losing like this and make changes asap

DownwardDawg
Thats true.. doesn't matter if we like him or not.. he will be done in a month once the season is over.

There was never a doubt. He's gone either way.

Coursesuper
For all of you bitching about the guy did you ever stop and think that he may be all he could hire because everyone else told hmi to FO. He's the sixth D coordinator in 8 years, I don't know about y'all but I wouldn't touch that gig with a 20ft pole if it was offered to me. This shitshow is on the head coach.

msstate7
10-22-2016, 10:52 PM
our defensive scheme is entirely different this year. Have you been paying attention at all?

We looked like french camp academy trying to stop '95 Nebraska vs the run in the 2nd half

MetEdDawg
10-22-2016, 10:52 PM

Hope you are joking. We run a little more 3-4, but the CBs and safeties literally do the same stuff as before.

HoopsDawg
10-22-2016, 10:54 PM
Hope you are joking. We run a little more 3-4, but the CBs and safeties literally do the same stuff as before.

SMH. Holy shit.

Bucky Dog
10-22-2016, 10:55 PM
I mean a 13 year old kid knows we haven't stopped them all half and all they need is a FG and we send 3 every play. Some team have great talent and might able to get some pressure, but they also have great DB. I mean shit, what and idiot ass thing to do there. Just give them the game. Their kicker has a 90% accuracy rate!!

Bothrops
10-22-2016, 10:55 PM
Our whole football program is about to tank folks. It's time to get emotionally invested in basketball and baseball for the long haul.

Treemydawg
10-22-2016, 10:57 PM

Yes I have. Bend don't break. Prevent defense when we should be bringing pressure. Db's 10-15 yds off of receivers every play. It doesn't matter if it 4-3, 3-4, or 4-2-5 we have the same philosophy on D every year no matter the coordinator.

MarketingBully
10-22-2016, 10:58 PM
We looked like french camp academy trying to stop '95 Nebraska vs the run in the 2nd half

And we looked like the bad news bears vs the Yankees against the pass. We were of the all around shit show Rick Ray special tonight.

Dawgology
10-22-2016, 11:00 PM
Do you idiots not realize we are running a 3-4 this year with some totally different techniques?

I don't think you've really been paying attention.

Dawgology
10-22-2016, 11:03 PM
Yes I have. Bend don't break. Prevent defense when we should be bringing pressure. Db's 10-15 yds off of receivers every play. It doesn't matter if it 4-3, 3-4, or 4-2-5 we have the same philosophy on D every year no matter the coordinator.

This guy has been paying attention. Scheme changes slightly but defensive philosophy has been the same. That's, apparently, the only common denominator.

WSOPdawg
10-22-2016, 11:16 PM

I'm at a loss.

Surely everybody can remember the LSU game in Baton Rouge in 2014 when Dan's stupid defensive philosophy almost cost us that game!!! It's definitely him and not his DC's.

RougeDawg
10-22-2016, 11:20 PM
Wait...... A DC who did the same thing the lat 86 DC's under Mullen did needs the door? Someone please navigate this guy to the street called reality.

Can someone please post the definition of insanity. I'm sure you'll see Dan Mullen's pic on defensive coordinators.

Goldendawg
10-22-2016, 11:24 PM
I am by no means a coach, but have watched MSU FB for approx 53 years and am now convinced that some on this site don't know a poorly coached, lack of talent, program that will not recover from this for years when they see it. Next thing that comes with constant losing will be off the field issues with players. Fire Mullen tonight at the Columbus airport.

RougeDawg
10-22-2016, 11:31 PM

Noooooooooo.** don't point out he faces. Don't point out the fact that Dan cannot allow a DCOrd coach.

BulldogBear
10-22-2016, 11:51 PM

This^

Our DC is Dan Mullen and always has been.

GTHOM
10-23-2016, 12:36 AM

We are the only team that I've ever seen that insists upon playing man at 10 yards

TimberBeast
10-23-2016, 12:42 AM
I think this time I would rather fire the head coach rather than the D.C. Anyone think maybe that's the real problem with our defenses EVERY DAMN YEAR?

FISHDAWG
10-23-2016, 07:57 AM
it's not just a bad overall scheme... even the LB play has been bad ... I wonder if that's what has happened to Ritchie's play

Mutt the Hoople
10-23-2016, 08:28 AM

French Camp Academy has a better defense.

RiverCityDawg
10-23-2016, 08:43 AM
it's not just a bad overall scheme... even the LB play has been bad ... I wonder if that's what has happened to Ritchie's play

A lot of Richie's problem is the scheme. We're not occupying enough blockers up front with the three man line so linemen are easily getting to the second level and/or RBs are coming through the line unimpeaded.

And those of you who think our defense is the same are clueless. We still suck, but the scheme is completely different. With that said, we've seen that prevent defense at the end before (except rushing 4 instead of just 3)... That much is certainly Mullen.

FISHDAWG
10-23-2016, 08:53 AM
A lot of Richie's problem is the scheme. We're not occupying enough blockers up front with the three man line so linemen are easily getting to the second level and/or RBs are coming through the line unimpeaded.

And those of you who think our defense is the same are clueless. We still suck, but the scheme is completely different. With that said, we've seen that prevent defense at the end before (except rushing 4 instead of just 3)... That much is certainly Mullen.

agreed ... we took a LB's coach and made him a DC so you think our LB play would at least be better than it is ... and it's not just Ritchie (I know he can play - I've seen it before), I have seen too many missed assignments from Gerri and Leo as well - basic stuff like covering a back coming out of the back field or a tightend releasing from the 5yd line into the endzone uncovered

Dawgology
10-23-2016, 09:12 AM

Scheme and philosophy are two different things. Bend don't break is a philosophy...a style of playing your scheme. Our defensive philosophy has been the same since Mullen got here and it impacts our scheme

Op4isabitch
10-23-2016, 01:12 PM
Sylvester Mullen was actively coaching D linemen on the sideline last night, anyone who thinks the defensive shit show isn't mostly on him is kidding themselves.

Defensive problems aside, the Offense is absolutly putrid and that's 100% on Mullen!

We look completely out of sync on Offense, it's painful to watch and the play calling can only leave one scratching their head.