PDA

View Full Version : What I took from the game today.

archdog
08-31-2013, 07:49 PM
Now before everyone starts calling out all of our players for whatever you think went wrong today I wanted to post this.

Our players played hard. The newcomers, Chris Jones, Fred Ross, DeRunnya all showed promise. Tyler's pass was not intercepted in bounds, but he did try to force 3 others that should have been picked off. With all of that being said, our offensive scheme was as boring as it could be. I was calling out plays as we lined up on what we were going to do after the first possession. If I can do that sitting on my couch, then I know the other D Coordinator could. We had tempo, energy and purpose on the first drive. After that, well.... you remember what happened. Tyler fought hard but the defense figured it out when he couldn't get the ball out to the recievers. We did not try to run WR screens, RB screens, option sweeps, no triple option. Any of these could have opened up the box a little. They had 8 guys in there the entire game.

Whoever is calling the plays need to watch UNC, Auburn, UM. How is it that Mullen helped bring this system into the Divison 1, yet our team calls the plays the worst I have seen. Definately the worst in any of the major conferences. Les needs to focus on recruiting and special teams and let Mullen handle Qbs and play calling. Where did the big boards with funny pictures go? Lets get this crap back to the 2009 level. This is year 5, it should be better than year 1. I don't care what type of QB you have, what type of WR you have, its got to meet year 1 levels. Time to step up our coaching. The players are doing their job, working hard and playing hard.

I love Our team, but we have 6 days to fix it or whoever is calling the plays needs to go.