PDA

View Full Version : aTm vs bama

msstate7
10-22-2016, 02:45 PM
Good hold by aTm after getting gashed

MarketingBully
10-22-2016, 02:48 PM
That was on Kiffin and their reluctance to take a time out there. When you start a true freshman as a QB, you have to simplify simplify simplify. That offense in the red zone looked complex to me. They wasted the play on second down when no one knew what they were doing.

DownwardDawg
10-22-2016, 02:52 PM
Wow. What a sack!!!!

ShotgunDawg
10-22-2016, 02:53 PM
Why watch this?

It's a team that gets all the top players in the country versus one that doesn't.

I have Bama fatigue. It's the same story lines every year, same team winnings, & now the games aren't even competitive. Stupid system

TUSK
Wow. What a sack!!!!

They may actually kill an opposing QB before the season is out...

msstate7
I really wish aTm would win this. I'm so sick of bama

MarketingBully
Wow. What a sack!!!!

Yeah, that reminded me of the JLD 99 defense days for us. Man, I miss our attacking style defense we had.

TUSK
Why watch this?

It's a team that gets all the top players in the country versus one that doesn't.

I have Bama fatigue. It's the same story lines every year, same team winnings, & now the games aren't even competitive. Stupid system

Gimmie my trophy and change the channel, then.*

ShotgunDawg
10-22-2016, 02:54 PM
Wow. What a sack!!!!

Yeah, it was an NFL player going up against a college kid that probably won't every play in the NFL. And he had NFL players on both sides of him meaning he couldn't be double teamed

DownwardDawg
They may actually kill an opposing QB before the season is out...

It's not even fair!!!! Lol

ShotgunDawg
Gimmie my trophy and change the channel, then.*

Hey, your playing number 6 right now. Why are you on this board?

MarketingBully
Why watch this?

Actually, I would like to see Alabama play the team that Saban has processed over the years. I bet it would be a close game.

msstate7
10-22-2016, 02:55 PM
It's not even fair!!!! Lol

There's better competition outside the sec... Ohio state

DownwardDawg
10-22-2016, 02:56 PM
This game will not be close.

MarketingBully

Trevor Knight isn't Manziel. No way this is a game.

ShotgunDawg

I don't. Bama losing doesn't help the ridiculousness of the college football system.

Bama blowing everyone else out does. Eventually someone in power will complain that the sport is broken.

The SEC is mostly an awesome conference with great games, so long as Bama is playing in the game.

bluelightstar
Bama is gonna blow away every team they play for the rest of the year.

TUSK
Hey, your playing number 6 right now. Why are you on this board?

bored.

bluelightstar
10-22-2016, 02:57 PM
Also, Kiffin could run the ball a lot more, but all these pass calls will keep it interesting longer.

ShotgunDawg
10-22-2016, 02:57 PM
bored.

Me too. Why is every CBS 2:30 game boring?

TUSK
10-22-2016, 02:59 PM
Also, Kiffin could run the ball a lot more, but all these pass calls will keep it interesting longer.

nice. +1

ShotgunDawg
I love how Danielson talks about how great Bama is at not missing tackles, technique, schemes, yada, yada, yada, & just won't admit that they get the top 25 picks in every high school football draft.

They are playing a different sport.

DownwardDawg
delete

bluelightstar
10-22-2016, 03:00 PM
delete

ShotgunDawg
10-22-2016, 03:01 PM
Did y'all see the CBS announcers make sure they point out the BLM protestors before the game?? Why point that out and give them a national audience????

Because they need something interesting about the games they choose to televise each week.

They certainly can't sell their games that are usually 35-0 by half time

WSOPdawg
10-22-2016, 03:01 PM
Why watch this?

Where we seen this before? Braves in late 80s/early 90s? Yankees in 2000s? Obama in '08-16?

TUSK
10-22-2016, 03:02 PM
delete.

DownwardDawg
10-22-2016, 03:02 PM
don't think this is appropriate discussion

Yeah, you're right. It just aggravated me. Sport should be about sports. A chance to not think about all that crap. I'll delete.

TUSK
10-22-2016, 03:03 PM
Where we seen this before? Braves in late 80s/early 90s? Yankees in 2000s? Obama in '08-16?

UT women's and UCONN Bball, KY Bball, LSU baseball, Arkie Track, et al....

BrunswickDawg
We just need Bama to destroy A&M. Demoralize them, and injure every key player.

MarketingBully
Kiffin will be what holds this team back. IMO, a different OC would have gone with Blake Barnett and would still have the best QBs on campus. Hurts is good but not great but he doesn't fit a Saban offense at all. This offense would be better with a pro style QB pro set running the football.

bluelightstar
10-22-2016, 03:04 PM
Kiffin is keeping this close by not running the ball in the red zone.

WSOPdawg
10-22-2016, 03:04 PM

^^^^ This

ShotgunDawg
10-22-2016, 03:05 PM

The Yankees in the late 90s & early 2000s is about the closest we've come, but at least those games were competitive & dramatic.

We've never seen anything like this unless you were alive for Wooden's 10 straight championships at UCLA

Problem is that the world has changed since then, due to TV & the amount of money programs are pouring into their athletics. Simply put, more teams deserve a chance to win in the modern era than ever before & people want to watch competitive games where the teams that execute the best, have the smartest coaches, & push the envelope win.

DownwardDawg
10-22-2016, 03:06 PM
Kiffin is keeping this close by not running the ball in the red zone.

Yep. He's their weakest link in certain games. He's the only reason they've struggled against the Bears.

was21
It's to the point where I don't even bother to watch Alabama games. It's the same thing week after week..season after season. They simply expect to win and they do.

TUSK
Kiffin will be what holds this team back. IMO, a different OC would have gone with Blake Barnett and would still have the best QBs on campus. Hurts is good but not great but he doesn't fit a Saban offense at all. This offense would be better with a pro style QB pro set running the football.

You may be right... I dunno...

But I like Hurts competitiveness, legs, and demeanor much better than BB's....

ShotgunDawg
10-22-2016, 03:08 PM

UCONN & UT women's basketball is a good example. LSU & KY basketball have never been at this level. Plus, basketball & baseball are different sports. Teams can be outmatched in baseball & basketball & still have a chance. Football doesn't work that way. Football requires at least similar levels of talent on the field to be competitive. The margin is much closer in baseball & basketball.

College football will be weakened if this continues. To many schools are investing millions & millions of dollars to win, but have no chance

WSOPdawg
Is he getting up?

MarketingBully
The Yankees in the late 90s & early 2000s is about the closest we've come, but at least those games were competitive & dramatic.

We've never seen anything like this unless you were alive for Wooden's 10 straight championships at UCLA

Problem is that the world has changed since then, due to TV & the amount of money programs are pouring into their athletics. Simply put, more teams deserve a chance to win in the modern era than ever before & people want to watch competitive games where the teams that execute the best, have the smartest coaches, & push the envelope win.

Ohio State is just as talented. I think it will be an Alabama/Ohio State championship game.

bluelightstar
targeting for sure

ShotgunDawg
It's to the point where I don't even bother to watch Alabama games. It's the same thing week after week..season after season. They simply expect to win and they do.

Of course they expect to win. College teams would also expect to beat high school teams if they played them every week

jumbo
10-22-2016, 03:09 PM
Should have been targeting

ShotgunDawg
10-22-2016, 03:10 PM
Ohio State is just as talented. I think it will be an Alabama/Ohio State championship game.

Ohio State isn't just as talented, but, even if they were, are we just doing to see those two teams play every year? I don't want to watch Ohio State & Alabama blow everyone out & then play in the NC every year.

The sport is broken.

WSOPdawg
10-22-2016, 03:10 PM
I don't buy that ruling, SEC office said he was not a defenseless player???

msstate7
10-22-2016, 03:11 PM
Said he isn't defenseless.... so you can lead with helmet otherwise?

Lumpy Chucklelips
Any other team and that player would be sitting the rest of this game and 1/2 of next. Bullshit non call. Hit him with the crown of his helmet to his damn facemask.

TUSK
UCONN & UT women's basketball is a good example. LSU & KY basketball have never been at this level. Plus, basketball & baseball are different sports. Teams can be outmatched in baseball & basketball & still have a chance. Football doesn't work that way. Football requires at least similar levels of talent on the field to be competitive. The margin is much closer in baseball & basketball.

College football will be weakened if this continues. To many schools are investing millions & millions of dollars to win, but have no chance

I think if all the disenfranchised schools sent back their CBS/SEC checks, it might force a change...

was21
10-22-2016, 03:12 PM
What the hell? Since when does defenseless enter into the targeting picture? Typical non call and defense of Alabama...sickening.

ShotgunDawg
Tom Fornelli ‏@TomFornelli 3m3 minutes ago
Ever wonder what it’d be like to watch a 5-year old fight a bear?

*turns on Alabama*

bluelightstar
Oh my God, Fitz is going to get brutalized by this Bama defensive line.

ShotgunDawg
10-22-2016, 03:13 PM
I think if all the disenfranchised schools sent back their CBS/SEC checks, it might force a change...

I think the SEC would make more money if their was actual intrigue about who would win the West or conference.

IMissJack
10-22-2016, 03:14 PM
I'm not sure the first FG by Bama was good either.

ShotgunDawg
10-22-2016, 03:15 PM
I think MSU should just refuse to show up at Bryant Denny when we play them & just accept the fine. See what happens

msstate7
10-22-2016, 03:15 PM
[QUOTE=ShotgunDawg;635859]Ohio State isn't just as talented, but, even if they were, are we just doing to see those two teams play every year? I don't want to watch Ohio State & Alabama blow everyone out & then play in the NC every year.

Ohio state lost 5 1st rounders last year, 2 2nd rounders, 3 3rd rounders, and 2 4th rounders (12 players in first 4 rounds), Ohio state is still rolling. Ohio state is loaded with talent again this year

MarketingBully
10-22-2016, 03:18 PM
You may be right... I dunno...

But I like Hurts competitiveness, legs, and demeanor much better than BB's....

Won't matter now since the #1 Pro Style QB transferred. Saban/Kiffin should have given him the best shot to win the job. I don't think this offense will be so successful against similarly talented teams like an Ohio State.

TUSK
10-22-2016, 03:19 PM
I think the SEC would make more money if their was actual intrigue about who would win the West or conference.

even if it meant potentially giving up a shot at the CFP and the money from that? The media/networks pony up huge cash for this...

Don't get me wrong, I agree that Bama has an almost "unfair" amount of talent, and I'd be aight with skolly reductions...

But this things (dynasties) happen some times... this one will be dead, soon.... like the rest.

WSOPdawg
10-22-2016, 03:20 PM
Tom Fornelli ‏@TomFornelli 3m3 minutes ago
Ever wonder what it’d be like to watch a 5-year old fight a bear?

*turns on Alabama*

lololol, now that's funny!!!

WSOPdawg
10-22-2016, 03:21 PM
Oh my God, Fitz is going to get brutalized by this Bama defensive line.

over/under on Fitz making it to half-time?

msstate7
10-22-2016, 03:21 PM
Who is bama's backup qb? Just wondering bc they're running hurts an awful lot

ShotgunDawg
10-22-2016, 03:22 PM
even if it meant potentially giving up a shot at the CFP and the money from that? The media/networks pony up huge cash for this...

Don't get me wrong, I agree that Bama has an almost "unfair" amount of talent, and I'd be aight with skolly reductions...

But this things (dynasties) happen some times... this one will be dead, soon.... like the rest.

Yeah, but this is like your 3rd dynasty.

So, when this one ends, all of us peasants will have about 5 years to clean up before you start another one?

At some point, the NCAA has realize that this isn't about 1 coach or a group of players, it's about institutionalized monopolies on winning, so long as competence is running the program.

TUSK
10-22-2016, 03:24 PM
Who is bama's backup qb? Just wondering bc they're running hurts an awful lot

Blake B....... ooooh, Crap!

Cooper Bateman.... Noodle arm... Can't throw deep... AJ Mac type mobility....

ShotgunDawg
10-22-2016, 03:24 PM
over/under on Fitz making it to half-time?

I'd just start Damien. I see nothing that could happen at Bryant Denny making Fitz a better QB going forward.

He'll either get hurt or throw 5 interceptions, which will lead to lost confidence. Just make up some bogus excuse that he's got the flu or something. No need for our young QB to play against that

msstate7
10-22-2016, 03:25 PM

So, when this one ends, all of us peasants will have about 5 years to clean up before you start another one?

At some point, the NCAA has realize that this isn't about 1 coach or a group of players, it's about institutionalized monopolies on winning, so long as competence is running the program.

Why would the NCAA change anything? You're watching aren't you? The NCAA is doing better than ever

TUSK
10-22-2016, 03:26 PM

Bammer has had 2 runs since integration.... let's not go all Illuminati just yet....

WSOPdawg
10-22-2016, 03:27 PM
Speedy still hasn't cleared the cobwebs with 12 minutes remaining in the 2nd Qtr.

ShotgunDawg
10-22-2016, 03:27 PM
Bammer has had 2 runs since integration.... let's not go all Illuminati just yet....

We may have to debate the word "dynasty"

msstate7
10-22-2016, 03:28 PM
Speedy still hasn't cleared the cobwebs with 12 minutes remaining in the 2nd Qtr.

The sec office should have to answer for not even knowing the rules

TUSK
10-22-2016, 03:29 PM
We may have to debate the word "dynasty"

late 70s and now...

are you suggesting the 90s was a "dynasty", too?

WSOPdawg
10-22-2016, 03:29 PM
I'd just start Damien. I see nothing that could happen at Bryant Denny making Fitz a better QB going forward.

He'll either get hurt or throw 5 interceptions, which will lead to lost confidence. Just make up some bogus excuse that he's got the flu or something. No need for our young QB to play against that

Damien say "Sh!t, this is Fitz's team!!! You seen those bear-rassling Bama 17ers?"

Coursesuper
10-22-2016, 03:30 PM
It's a GD football game!! You get hit and you get hit hard.

ShotgunDawg
10-22-2016, 03:33 PM
late 70s and now...

are you suggesting the 90s was a "dynasty", too?

Well, from 92-96, you did play in the SEC championship game 4 times

I'd give my left nutt for MSU to have a run like that. You don't even acknowledge it

IMissJack
10-22-2016, 03:35 PM
It's a GD football game!! You get hit and you get hit hard.

Fine, but call both sides the same...You know damn good and well an MSU player would not get that call.

TUSK
10-22-2016, 03:36 PM

If anyone had a "dynasty" then, it was Nebraska or Florida...

MarketingBully
10-22-2016, 03:38 PM
Kiffin and playing a true freshman QB will keep this team from winning a national championship.

ShotgunDawg
10-22-2016, 03:40 PM
Kiffin and playing a true freshman QB will keep this team from winning a national championship.

Want to bet?

This team could bench half their starters & win the Natty.

Who's going to beat them? Ohio State? The team that went to OT with Wisconsin last week?

MarketingBully
10-22-2016, 03:41 PM

I'd give my left nutt for MSU to have a run like that. You don't even acknowledge it

We could have ourselves at that time between 98-00 but shot ourselves in the foot and beat ourselves. Alabama was not a dynasty in the 90s in any stretch of the imagination.

MarketingBully
10-22-2016, 03:43 PM
Want to bet?

Who's going to beat them? Ohio State? The team that went to OT with Wisconsin last week?

I'd say OSU, Clemson, Michigan and the firepower of Loiusville would have a chance.

msstate7
10-22-2016, 03:43 PM
Want to bet?

Quit melting... I bet Ohio state didn't stand a chance vs bama 2 years ago either. Fact of the matter is that the sec isnt very good after bama... Ohio state and Michigan are better than any other sec school than bama by far

DownwardDawg
10-22-2016, 03:44 PM

He's practicing. That's all this is. Playoff practice.

ShotgunDawg
10-22-2016, 03:45 PM
Ok, Ok, Ok Msstate7 & MarketingBully love the current state of college football. Change nothing they say. This is awesome

ShotgunDawg
10-22-2016, 03:46 PM
I'd say OSU, Clemson, Michigan and the firepower of Loiusville would have a chance.

Well, I'm so glad we have a system where you can find 4 teams in the entire country that "have a chance"

MarketingBully
10-22-2016, 03:47 PM
Quit melting... I bet Ohio state didn't stand a chance vs bama 2 years ago either. Fact of the matter is that the sec isnt very good after bama... Ohio state and Michigan are better than any other sec school than bama by far

SEC is shit this year. The games Alabama has seen as murderer's row in the past are just not as good for whatever reason this year. Their toughest game this year will be at LSU. LSU I think will have a chance since it's in Death Valley with a freshman QB.

msstate7
10-22-2016, 03:47 PM
Ok, Ok, Ok Msstate7 & MarketingBully love the current state of college football. Change nothing they say. This is awesome

You're melting hard...

TUSK
10-22-2016, 03:48 PM
He's practicing. That's all this is. Playoff practice.

I think you are exactly right... I just hope it doesn't burn him... almost did vs UM....

msstate7
10-22-2016, 03:49 PM
You've got to try and return that... don't run OOB!!!!

TUSK
10-22-2016, 03:50 PM
You've got to try and return that... don't run OOB!!!!

Did you see 34 Harris get ssssssssssssssmoked????

Keep your keep on a swivel, guys!

MarketingBully
10-22-2016, 03:51 PM
A&M got away with a targeting there.

ScoobaDawg
10-22-2016, 03:51 PM
A&M got away with a targeting there.

It is being reviewed. Yep hes gone. 6 is gone... that was BLATANT.

MarketingBully
10-22-2016, 03:52 PM
Got the call right.

MarketingBully
10-22-2016, 03:53 PM
It is being reviewed. Yep hes gone. 6 is gone... that was BLATANT.

Agreed.

TUSK
10-22-2016, 03:53 PM
This game is about to get outta hand... (post Humphrey pick)....

dawgday166
10-22-2016, 03:55 PM
That Bama gets in their favor. Not saying the ATM guy wasn't targeting, but so was the Bama player earlier. That's bullshit.

Not only do they have more talent than everyone else, the refs give them all the borderline calls to. Although that earlier targeting on the Bama player wasn't even borderline IMO.

ShotgunDawg
10-22-2016, 03:55 PM
I just don't see Kiffin making a great head coach.

Sure, Bama offense does good things, but I think that's mostly due to the players.

I just don't see anything that Kiffin does that would allow a less that elite talented team to play up

msstate7
10-22-2016, 03:57 PM
I just don't see Kiffin making a great head coach.

Sure, Bama offense does good things, but I think that's mostly due to the players.

I just don't see anything that Kiffin does that would allow a less that elite talented team to play up

I agree with this. Woody mccorvey would great at bama

ShotgunDawg
10-22-2016, 03:59 PM
So Verne just said that Joshua Jacobs only had 2 scholarship offers from D1 schools.

Does anyone really believe that? I doubt Bama walked into Tulsa, OK & found a diamond in the rough. Such a misrepresentation of the situation

MarketingBully
10-22-2016, 03:59 PM

Alabama will not be elite once Saban leaves no matter who they get to replace him.

msstate7
10-22-2016, 04:00 PM
So Verne just said that Joshua Jacobs only had 2 scholarship offers from D1 schools.

Does anyone really believe that? I doubt Bama walked into Tulsa, OK & found a diamond in the rough. Such a misrepresentation of the situation

Yeah, that's a joke. Bama offered and Jacobs shut it down

msstate7
10-22-2016, 04:01 PM
If they overturn this, the sec officials should just wear crimson

dawgday166
10-22-2016, 04:02 PM
If they overturn this, the sec officials should just wear crimson

Don't they wear crimson every weekend?

TUSK
I agree with this. Woody mccorvey would great at bama

Dude.... That's not even funny....****

I think Kiffin is a pretty good play caller, although he gets cute too often for my taste...

He seems to do a really good job of setting up plays and isolates D weaknesses very well...

HC???? I dunno.... maybe he's matured...

ShotgunDawg
Alabama will not be elite once Saban leaves no matter who they get to replace him.

Hmmmm..... the SEC hierarchy has basically been the same for 50 years. Why?

My guess is that the program take a gradual downturn to being a 9 or 10 program until they find their next Saban.

TUSK

yep, REC doin' work.

dawgday166
10-22-2016, 04:03 PM
Refs will probably go consult with Saban at the half to see if he's upset cause they didn't overturn that call for a catch.

msstate7
10-22-2016, 04:03 PM

Only Sunday thru Friday

dawgday166
10-22-2016, 04:05 PM
Only Sunday thru Friday

Ha ... you right. They need to appear to be non-partial on Saturdays.

ShotgunDawg
10-22-2016, 04:06 PM
A&M hanging tough. Surprising

msstate7
10-22-2016, 04:06 PM
Td, but wr had jersey pulled ... no call

dawgday166
10-22-2016, 04:07 PM
I know refs will consult with Saban now on that catch call since A&M scored TD on that drive.

ScoobaDawg
10-22-2016, 04:07 PM
Tusk..better go watch the game it's heating up.

dawgday166
10-22-2016, 04:08 PM

Yea, when Gary was saying Chavis teaches that I'm thinking "and Saban don't" ***

TUSK

Our DBs will straight up MUG a WR...

MarketingBully

This has everything to do with Kiffin and having a true freshman QB. This should have been a 28-0 halftime.

DownwardDawg

It feels weird. It should be 20-0 or worse. Bama has dominated but Kiffin is keeping it close. It'll be interesting to see what Bama does on offense in 2nd half.

msstate7
10-22-2016, 04:09 PM

And they should until it's called

dawgday166
10-22-2016, 04:09 PM

I'll say one thing fer ya ... you call it somewhat straight for a Bammer dude ****

TUSK
10-22-2016, 04:10 PM
Tusk..better go watch the game it's heating up.

Nah, we just trying to salvage the credibility of NCAA football...***

But, you're right... we shouldn't be letting these cats hang around.... too dangerous!

TUSK
10-22-2016, 04:11 PM
I gotta go pick up some yeast and a roll of copper line... brb

parabrave
10-22-2016, 04:13 PM
It feels weird. It should be 20-0 or worse. Bama has dominated but Kiffin is keeping it close. It'll be interesting to see what Bama does on offense in 2nd half.

How long till Saban takes over play calling in the 2nd half. K has cost the at least one td by being Cute.

MarketingBully
10-22-2016, 04:14 PM

This is the same thing with Dan and Fitz ironically. Kiffin is expecting a guy who is not a great thrower to throw back shoulders and complete passes into a zone double to triple covered window. Dan is expecting the same with Fitz and the Dak offense. These kids just aren't ready for those type of throws at this point in their career.

dawgday166
10-22-2016, 04:20 PM
Bama will blow them out in 2nd half. Saban reading riot act right now.

Goldendawg
10-22-2016, 04:40 PM
Probably so, but would love to see Bama lose 14 -13 on a last minute TD.

msstate7
10-22-2016, 04:46 PM
Dry those tears, shotgun

TUSK
10-22-2016, 04:47 PM
That pass reminded me of Danny Wuerfel (sp).....

ShotgunDawg
10-22-2016, 04:47 PM
Dry those tears, shotgun

No doubt. Incredible.

TUSK
10-22-2016, 04:59 PM
I think Lane may have em where he wants em... A&M starting to wear down....

MarketingBully
10-22-2016, 05:01 PM
If I was Saban/Kiffin, I would have gone with Barnett and made this a running team. Alabama is going to drop one game because they went with the Freshman. He just can't do everything Kiffin wants him to do in the passing game because he is a freshman. True freshmen also hit walls. Barnett gave them the best chance to win no matter how much Kiffin/Saban think Hurts has "It".

TUSK
10-22-2016, 05:06 PM
If I was Saban/Kiffin, I would have gone with Barnett and made this a running team. Alabama is going to drop one game because they went with the Freshman. He just can't do everything Kiffin wants him to do in the passing game because he is a freshman. True freshmen also hit walls. Barnett gave them the best chance to win no matter how much Kiffin/Saban think Hurts has "It".

While I agree that BB may have had a higher ceiling (to pass deep) this year, I think Hurts growth, maturity & mobility will offset that by the CFP...

He's tough as nails and, pound for pound, is the strongest guy on the team... and, we don't really need to pass much to win...

MarketingBully
10-22-2016, 05:07 PM
I think Lane may have em where he wants em... A&M starting to wear down....

This would have been a 28-0 laugher if he would have run the ball and quit trying to run an offense that a true freshman can't run very effectively. There have been a lot of things masked with Alabama because they have gotten so many TDs outside of the offense on special teams and defense. This will come down to the wire due to Kiffin's pig headedness unless he decides better of it and runs the football.

TUSK
10-22-2016, 05:12 PM
This would have been a 28-0 laugher if he would have run the ball and quit trying to run an offense that a true freshman can't run very effectively. There have been a lot of things masked with Alabama because they have gotten so many TDs outside of the offense on special teams and defense. This will come down to the wire due to Kiffin's pig headedness unless he decides better of it and runs the football.

I'd prefer to see him commit to the run more, but to say that Bammer's O hasn't been "effective" this year isn't accurate, IMO...

MarketingBully
10-22-2016, 05:14 PM
While I agree that BB may have had a higher ceiling (to pass deep) this year, I think Hurts growth, maturity & mobility will offset that by the CFP...

He's tough as nails and, pound for pound, is the strongest guy on the team... and, we don't really need to pass much to win...

You had better options and Hurts would have been better with a redshirt year. Sure, you don't have to pass much to win but tell that to Kiffin as he asks Hurts to try to execute throws that Barnett already could. You also don't need a dual threat QB in that offense to win. I think Saban and Kiffin went with the emotional decision and decided to go with Hurts instead of the logical decision and go with Barnett and I think it will cost them the national title this year. Saban has never won a national title with a dual threat QB and I think that streak is kept alive after this year.

TUSK
10-22-2016, 05:17 PM
You had better options and Hurts would have been better with a redshirt year. Sure, you don't have to pass much to win but tell that to Kiffin as he asks Hurts to try to execute throws that Barnett already could. You also don't need a dual threat QB in that offense to win. I think Saban and Kiffin went with the emotional decision and decided to go with Hurts instead of the logical decision and go with Barnett and I think it will cost them the national title this year. Saban has never won a national title with a dual threat QB and I think that streak is kept alive after this year.

You make good points, and you may be correct... but I'd take that bet.

TUSK
10-22-2016, 05:21 PM

I'll add to that, a little... BB also was a bit of a "headcase"... I think there was a rift between em & the staff...

dawgday166
10-22-2016, 05:21 PM
Saban will win NC with Hurts at QB. Maybe not this year but he will.

MarketingBully
10-22-2016, 05:25 PM
Saban will win NC with Hurts at QB. Maybe not this year but he will.

He won't be the starter next year as he doesn't fit Sark's offense and I highly doubt Kiffin is there next year.

MarketingBully
10-22-2016, 05:26 PM
I'll add to that, a little... BB also was a bit of a "headcase"... I think there was a rift between em & the staff...

The coaches lied to him and his family. I wouldn't call him a head case.

MarketingBully
10-22-2016, 05:27 PM
Btw, the 12th defensive TD for Alabama. Who needs Kiffin when you have that opportunistic of a defense.

TUSK
10-22-2016, 05:28 PM
The coaches lied to him and his family. I wouldn't call him a head case.

do tell.

also, you think Tua is gonna supplant Hurts?

msstate7
10-22-2016, 05:29 PM
14-13 aTm and they roughed the passer leading to 20-14. You can't be dumb vs bama

dawgday166
10-22-2016, 05:31 PM
He won't be the starter next year as he doesn't fit Sark's offense and I highly doubt Kiffin is there next year.

We'll see. Saban calls shots tho. Sark/Kiffin doesn't matter.

TUSK
10-22-2016, 05:34 PM
We'll see. Saban calls shots tho. Sark/Kiffin doesn't matter.

this is correct... MDL likes Hurts's toughness (both mental & physical).... Barnett didn't display the same traits...

MarketingBully
10-22-2016, 05:37 PM
do tell.

also, you think Tua is gonna supplant Hurts?

They basically stated to Barnett and his family last year they were going to go with him when they saw how much Coker was struggling so much last year. There was also a silent agreement between him and Kiffin he was going to start this year which I think was eventually vetoed by Saban. Needless to say much like Dan controls our defense Saban controls his offense to a degree. I think based on those perimeters you can see why Barnett left.

ShotgunDawg
10-22-2016, 05:37 PM
Dry those tears, shotgun

As you were saying?

TUSK
10-22-2016, 05:40 PM
They basically stated to Barnett and his family last year they were going to go with him when they saw how much Coker was struggling so much last year. There was also a silent agreement between him and Kiffin he was going to start this year which I think was eventually vetoed by Saban. Needless to say much like Dan controls our defense Saban controls his offense to a degree. I think based on those perimeters you can see why Barnett left.

He did start.

So, your contention is they slow played him with false promises so he wouldn't transfer? If that's true, it's a shitty thing to do...

Regardless, BB is going somewhere else, and I wish him well... I'm just glad he wasn't taking the snap on that last play when Hurts ran through A&M's D 40 yards for a TD....

TUSK
10-22-2016, 05:41 PM
As you were saying?

Damn, 'gun, we kept em hangin' around til the 4th....

Are you not entertained?

MarketingBully
10-22-2016, 05:43 PM
He did start.

So, your contention is they slow played him with false promises so he wouldn't transfer? If that's true, it's a shitty thing to do...

Regardless, BB is going somewhere else, and I wish him well... I'm just glad he wasn't taking the snap on that last play when Hurts ran through A&M's D 40 yards for a TD....

Yes, I think they slow played him so he wouldn't transfer; however I think Kiffin preferred Barnett to Hurts but Saban won out. I wouldn't be surprised if Barnett transfers to the school Kiffin gets the head gig for.

dawgday166
10-22-2016, 05:43 PM

Personnel decisions vs. dictating scheme isn't quite the same thing. Since Saban came from D side of ball he probably does dictate that to some degree. On O I believe he gives Kiffin latitude in his scheme. That's why Kiffin get away with not running the ball as much as Saban likes to.

But Saban will definitely start the QB who gives them the best chance to win ... regardless of what Kiffin thinks.

TUSK
10-22-2016, 05:45 PM
Yes, I think they slow played him so he wouldn't transfer; however I think Kiffin preferred Barnett to Hurts but Saban won out. I wouldn't be surprised if Barnett transfers to the school Kiffin gets the head gig for.

I can buy that happening...

MarketingBully
10-22-2016, 05:45 PM
Personnel decisions vs. dictating scheme isn't quite the same thing. Since Saban came from D side of ball he probably does dictate that to some degree. On O I believe he gives Kiffin latitude in his scheme. That's why Kiffin get away with not running the ball as much as Saban likes to.

Hurts was a Saban decision not a Kiffin decision.

TUSK
10-22-2016, 05:46 PM

That's a good point, too... Saban wouldn't put the ball in the air this late if he were calling the plays...

He's given Kiffin WIDE berth re playcalling...

MarketingBully
10-22-2016, 05:49 PM
That's a good point, too... Saban wouldn't put the ball in the air this late if he were calling the plays...

I just think the Kiffin/Saban experiment is going to end after this year. I just think they are too different in what they want to do and how they want to do it.

GTHOM
10-22-2016, 05:51 PM
Took bama to cover at 18.5, was nervous for a sec. Not no more. Thanks Nick

TUSK
10-22-2016, 05:52 PM
I just think the Kiffin/Saban experiment is going to end after this year. I just think they are too different in what they want to do and how they want to do it.

I think as soon as Kiffin gets a decent HC gig, he's gone no matter what... That was a known from day 1, IMO.

msstate7
10-22-2016, 05:53 PM
As you were saying?

They good...no doubt. I still say Ohio state gets em for the title

TUSK
10-22-2016, 05:56 PM
They good...no doubt. I still say Ohio state gets em for the title

MDL is undefeated in "Revenge National Championship Games VS Head Coaches He Gave A Heart Attack To"....

didntcha know???

dawgday166
10-22-2016, 05:57 PM

I think so too. I think Saban just tells him what results he wants for the most part. Nick don't care how it gets done, just that it does. If it don't get done that's when one of those "ass chewings" happen.

msstate7
10-22-2016, 05:57 PM
MDL is undefeated in "Revenge National Championship Games VS Head Coaches He Gave A Heart Attack To"....

didntcha know???

Urban gonna make saban quit this time

dawgday166
10-22-2016, 05:58 PM
nm

msstate7
10-22-2016, 05:58 PM
nm

2 in a row

dawgday166
10-22-2016, 06:01 PM
2 in a row

I don't have a feeling one way or the other yet. Both +Harbaugh are the top coaches today. I waiting to see how they all are coming down the stretch.

msstate7
10-22-2016, 06:03 PM
I don't have a feeling one way or the other yet. Both +Harbaugh are the top coaches today. I waiting to see how they all are coming down the stretch.

I don't have to back my prediction up with a penny, so I'm bold... Ohio state wins natty haha

TUSK
10-22-2016, 06:05 PM
Urban gonna make saban quit this time

Urban's Heart about min 10 of the 3rd vs MDL....

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________________________

dawgday166
10-22-2016, 06:06 PM
I don't have to back my prediction up with a penny, so I'm bold... Ohio state wins natty haha

Haha .. good one. I don't either but I just can't tell yet. Then there is Clemson too. Sure wish Lville had a chance to get in.

starkvegasdawg
10-22-2016, 06:09 PM
Alabama is just scary.

TUSK
10-22-2016, 06:12 PM
I think OSU and Clemson are the only teams both physical enough & with the "right" QB....

I think Washington, L'ville, Houston and to a lesser extent Michigan would be overwhelmed...

Regardless, if Bammer brings their "A" game and avoids giving up a bunch of X plays/TOs, it won't matter who they play.....

dawgday166
10-22-2016, 06:14 PM
I think OSU and Clemson are the only teams both physical enough & with the "right" QB....

I think Washington, L'ville, Houston and to a lesser extent Michigan would be overwhelmed...

Regardless, if Bammer brings their "A" game and avoids giving up a bunch of X plays/TOs, it won't matter who they play.....

Yea ... it sucks. Damn Saban ... he should've been one of those Woody Hayes types that refuse to adapt. Sorta like Mullen.

msstate7
10-22-2016, 06:16 PM
Yea ... it sucks. Damn Saban ... he should've been one of those Woody Hayes types that refuse to adapt. Sorta like Mullen.

Every thread you have to bash Mullen... can't help yourself

dawgday166
10-22-2016, 06:18 PM
Every thread you have to bash Mullen... can't help yourself

Just seeing if you awake *****

msstate7
10-22-2016, 06:18 PM
Just seeing if you awake *****

24/7

dawgday166
10-22-2016, 06:20 PM
24/7

In the famous words of the Outlaw Josey Wales ... I reckon so **

TUSK
10-22-2016, 06:22 PM
166, that's a really good observation... Saban has "evolved" as a coach way more than I thought he was capable....

dawgday166
10-22-2016, 06:25 PM
166, that's a really good observation... Saban has "evolved" as a coach way more than I thought he was capable....

Me freakin too ... didn't think he would do that like he has. Dammit to hell! ******

ETA: On second thought .... take away those sarcasterics.

TUSK
10-22-2016, 07:11 PM
Eddie Jackson broke his leg... out for the season...

HUGE loss....

dawgday166
10-22-2016, 07:25 PM
Hate to see a kid break his leg. He a stud back there too.