PDA

View Full Version : Charlie Strong

DownwardDawg
10-22-2016, 02:22 PM
Surely that pretty much does it for him huh? Lost to 3-3 Kansas State today.

ShotgunDawg
10-22-2016, 02:31 PM
Yeah, he's probably gone.

Will be interesting to see if Herman would rather coach at Texas or LSU

msstate7
10-22-2016, 02:33 PM

Texas

Why choose to face saban?

DownwardDawg
10-22-2016, 02:35 PM
Texas

Why choose to face saban?

I agree and don't think Herman will even have to think about it. Texas is a much better job than LSU for many reasons.

KOdawg1
10-22-2016, 02:37 PM
I agree and don't think Herman will even have to think about it. Texas is a much better job than LSU for many reasons.
I agree but does the way the Big 12 appears to be going influence that?

WSOPdawg
10-22-2016, 02:59 PM

I thought about this earlier today and decided if I had my choice (as Herman does among several options) that no way in hell would I wanna subject myself to the Longhorn politics that can make it so difficult. At LSU, you gotta figure Saban won't be around too much longer. I choose LSU if I was Herman (which sux for us).

was21
10-22-2016, 03:04 PM
Politics aren't a lot different at UT than they are at LSU. Having said that, I agree that Texas is the better job for a number of reasons.

Jack Lambert
10-22-2016, 03:07 PM
Too bad we could not get Strong as DC.

IMissJack
10-22-2016, 03:12 PM
And KSU has beaten TX 5 times in a row.

DownwardDawg
10-22-2016, 03:20 PM
I thought about this earlier today and decided if I had my choice (as Herman does among several options) that no way in hell would I wanna subject myself to the Longhorn politics that can make it so difficult. At LSU, you gotta figure Saban won't be around too much longer. I choose LSU if I was Herman (which sux for us).

Lol. Longhorn politics pale in comparison to coonass politics.

WSOPdawg
10-22-2016, 03:26 PM

Oh, disagree 100%... why was Lester allowed to under-perform with the program for so long? Strong isn't getting but 3 years?

Political shenanigans in the SEC ranks as 1) Florida, 2) Auby, 3) Bama, 4) TCUN.

LSU imo has been relatively tame as of late.

DownwardDawg
10-22-2016, 03:42 PM
Oh, disagree 100%... why was Lester allowed to under-perform with the program for so long? Strong isn't getting but 3 years?

Political shenanigans in the SEC ranks as 1) Florida, 2) Auby, 3) Bama, 4) TCUN.

LSU imo has been relatively tame as of late.

No. LSU owns 1st place in that category in the SEC for sure. I guess 10 wins a year is under performing. Saban wanted out of LSU due to politics and local media. They are idiots.

Strong has been terrible at Texas and has been there three years and hasn't been fired yet. Texas would be a much better/safer job than LSU. I wouldn't even have to think about it if it were me.

Bothrops
10-22-2016, 04:45 PM
Are there any diehard Longhorn football fans left?

WSOPdawg
10-22-2016, 04:56 PM
No. LSU owns 1st place in that category in the SEC for sure. I guess 10 wins a year is under performing. Saban wanted out of LSU due to politics and local media. They are idiots.

Strong has been terrible at Texas and has been there three years and hasn't been fired yet. Texas would be a much better/safer job than LSU. I wouldn't even have to think about it if it were me.

10 wins a year is under-performing when you are consistently picked top-5 in the nation yet finish #10 or lower. LSU could've finished tremendously better without Miles yet the "politicians" at LSU allowed him to remain, hence they rank behind the four SEC teams I listed above.

smootness
10-22-2016, 05:04 PM
10 wins a year is under-performing when you are consistently picked top-5 in the nation yet finish #10 or lower. LSU could've finished tremendously better without Miles yet the "politicians" at LSU allowed him to remain, hence they rank behind the four SEC teams I listed above.

I think LSU could have done better than Miles, but how do you define 'tremendously'? It would be pretty dang hard to do tremendously better than Miles did overall.

WSOPdawg
10-22-2016, 05:15 PM
I think LSU could have done better than Miles, but how do you define 'tremendously'? It would be pretty dang hard to do tremendously better than Miles did overall.

10 wins at MSU is GREAT!!!! 10 wins at LSU is expected but meh, but also means the team goes 10-3, which is not what a perennially top-5 teams arguably does.

We at MSU would all have loved to have had the success Miles had at LSU, but his performance during the last 5 years or so under-performed the pre-season expectations for that program. That's what I'm saying.

Coursesuper
10-22-2016, 05:30 PM

LUS has a special kinda stupid, work in south LA for a while and you shall see.