PDA

View Full Version : My official stance on Mullen...

preachermatt83
10-21-2016, 11:58 PM
I want to give him another year to see if he begins to turn it around... IF, he parts ways with Hev. I think this has the potential to be our best recruiting class under Mullen. Thompson, Hill, Avery(I think we land him) and Gay(things seem to be looking much better with him) have the potential to be literally program changing. I typically wouldn't keep/fire a coach based on one class but this class is different. We still need to land more and better OL but I think we are already seeing the benefits of guys like Buckley on staff. If Mullen goes we can forget the best and bulk of this class. Just my two cents.

oldtrickdawg
10-22-2016, 04:52 AM
Mr. Mullen has all the leverage in this situation..Some of the really smart posters seem to think they know what to do with the coach. It is his ball and his game..Now, the downers for him,plainly, are leaving the cupboard bare and being run out of town..The up side, for him, are leaving the cupboard full and moving on to a more "prestigious" job or location. He may not be able to do the latter without addressing the former. Not winning consistently at Cow College is not only a tradition ; it is almost inevitable.. The smart people on this board want to ignore history; they want to live in the bubble Mr. Mullen created in the first place. Either way his pockets are full and the folks howling at the moon might as well go possum hunting by the light of it...We have been bombarded relentlessly by some who decry the recruiting..Nobody has even been able to recruit at State over time; nobody...We have never had ,in my memory, a top notch quarterback recruit; not one... I'll admit to not having followed too closely the recruiting over the years but I would think any recruiting would start with the quarterback position ,maybe left tackle,maybe defensicve backs, and progress; depending on the system run ,of course...Perhaps someone could straighten me out on the quarterback thing..Just bcause I'm not hysterical about Mr. Mullen does not mean I don't care

Taog Redloh
10-22-2016, 08:59 AM
Sounds a lot like Ole Miss 2010. While the 2011 season sucked, the 2001 class was the one that ignited their program. So, question is, is Mullen the guy to revive, or does he collapse next year like Nutt? Like you, I hope he gets it done, but if I'm betting money, looking at the lines and schedule, I'm betting on 2017 meltdown and 2018 rebuild with a new coach. Hopefully Art Briles.

MaroonFlounder
10-22-2016, 11:04 AM
NO on Art Briles. He's a scumbag

GTHOM
10-22-2016, 11:06 AM
Sounds a lot like Ole Miss 2010. While the 2011 season sucked, the 2001 class was the one that ignited their program. So, question is, is Mullen the guy to revive, or does he collapse next year like Nutt? Like you, I hope he gets it done, but if I'm betting money, looking at the lines and schedule, I'm betting on 2017 meltdown and 2018 rebuild with a new coach. Hopefully Art Briles.

I agree. But why wait? Mullen is done here one way or the other. Him hiring Jimmy Sexton is all you need to know

TimberBeast
10-22-2016, 11:27 AM
Mr. Mullen has all the leverage in this situation..Some of the really smart posters seem to think they know what to do with the coach. It is his ball and his game..Now, the downers for him,plainly, are leaving the cupboard bare and being run out of town..The up side, for him, are leaving the cupboard full and moving on to a more "prestigious" job or location. He may not be able to do the latter without addressing the former. Not winning consistently at Cow College is not only a tradition ; it is almost inevitable.. The smart people on this board want to ignore history; they want to live in the bubble Mr. Mullen created in the first place. Either way his pockets are full and the folks howling at the moon might as well go possum hunting by the light of it...We have been bombarded relentlessly by some who decry the recruiting..Nobody has even been able to recruit at State over time; nobody...We have never had ,in my memory, a top notch quarterback recruit; not one... I'll admit to not having followed too closely the recruiting over the years but I would think any recruiting would start with the quarterback position ,maybe left tackle,maybe defensicve backs, and progress; depending on the system run ,of course...Perhaps someone could straighten me out on the quarterback thing..Just bcause I'm not hysterical about Mr. Mullen does not mean I don't care

Is anyone still in charge here? This guy has been obvious since his first post.

TrapGame
10-22-2016, 11:37 AM
Never mind. Mullen needs to go.

smootness
10-22-2016, 11:48 AM
Art Briles, lulz.

Taog Redloh
10-22-2016, 01:58 PM
Art Briles, lulz.

Lulz yourself. He's the best coach available we can reasonably expect to get. Don't give me that rapist garbage, he didn't do it himself.

msstate7
10-22-2016, 02:03 PM
Lulz yourself. He's the best coach available we can reasonably expect to get. Don't give me that rapist garbage, he didn't do it himself.

Who cares if he condones it, huh? I'd rather lose than stoop to that level

Coursesuper
10-22-2016, 02:09 PM

What he did or didn't do means absolutely nothing we would be crucified by the national, regional and local media. Other coaching staffs would use it against us every chance they got. " Do you want your son playing for a man like that." The guy is nuclear toxic, we can't afford to do that right now.

Taog Redloh
10-22-2016, 02:11 PM
What he did or didn't do means absolutely nothing we would be crucified by the national, regional and local media. Other coaching staffs would use it against us every chance they got. " Do you want your son playing for a man like that." The guy is nuclear toxic, we can't afford to do that right now.

As if the media has ever been anything BUT terrible towards us.

Either way, I'm talking next year. This stuff always does down over time.

KOdawg1
10-22-2016, 02:28 PM
I want to win just as much as the next guy, but Art Briles is not the way we need to go.

DownwardDawg
10-22-2016, 02:29 PM
I want one win just as much as the next guy, but Art Briles is not the way we need to go.

We won't. It'll never happen at State.

oldtrickdawg
10-22-2016, 03:10 PM
Bring it Mr. Beast...I've been following a lot of drivel on this site for years.. bring it...and your bona fides with it...

ILOATHEBears
10-22-2016, 03:19 PM

The only people I've ever heard call our school cow college are the tcun black bears. Just saying!

Dawg61
10-22-2016, 03:35 PM
The only people I've ever heard call our school cow college are the tcun black bears. Just saying!

He does have a point here. You outed yourself when you said "Cow College". Somebody ban this ****er just for that shit alone.

Dawg61
10-22-2016, 03:41 PM

Art Briles, lulz.

Who cares if he condones it, huh? I'd rather lose than stoop to that level

As if the media has ever been anything BUT terrible towards us.

Either way, I'm talking next year. This stuff always does down over time.

I want to win just as much as the next guy, but Art Briles is not the way we need to go.

We won't. It'll never happen at State.

I want us to hire Briles so that our damn fanbase will stop with the "oh the media will crucify us" bullshit on every damn thing that happens (Simmons, Redmond, fight in Hawaii) and because if Old Misses, Auburn and Tennessee want to blatantly cheat every damn year I want us to hire the biggest piece of shit possible who will stomp their asses by 50 points every game. We can let those schools play the choir boy act for awhile. Basically we have been getting punched in the mouth and our response is "take the high road". **** THAT SHIT!!! I want us to punch back so damn hard they never dare punch again. Art Briles is that punch.

smootness
10-22-2016, 05:00 PM
I want us to hire Briles so that our damn fanbase will stop with the "oh the media will crucify us" bullshit on every damn thing that happens (Simmons, Redmond, fight in Hawaii) and because if Old Misses, Auburn and Tennessee want to blatantly cheat every damn year I want us to hire the biggest piece of shit possible who will stomp their asses by 50 points every game. We can let those schools play the choir boy act for awhile. Basically we have been getting punched in the mouth and our response is "take the high road". **** THAT SHIT!!! I want us to punch back so damn hard they never dare punch again. Art Briles is that punch.

I'm not against Art Briles because the media would be on us. I'm against Art Briles because he lacks any moral fortitude. You can talk all you want about winning being all that matters, but there is a difference between 'I'm ok hiring a guy a good coach who isn't the world's greatest person' and 'I don't care about anything but winning.'

Hiring Briles would be a signal from the university that we couldn't care less about rape and sexual assault. If we've fallen so far as sports fans that we don't care about that, then that's pretty sad.

And we're never hiring him, so there's no point in even discussing it.

smootness
10-22-2016, 05:01 PM
Don't give me that rapist garbage, he didn't do it himself.

What a joke.

Taog Redloh
10-22-2016, 08:11 PM
What a joke.

See how cool you are? You are the moral cowboy! As if you know any details about the Baylor case. This stuff happens all the damn time, dont act like Briles is different. They just won too much and weren't a blue blood.

gravedigger
10-22-2016, 08:15 PM

Maybe we can get Sandusky pardoned and be our DC

Taog Redloh
10-22-2016, 08:40 PM
Maybe we can get Sandusky pardoned and be our DC

At least that was semi-funny

tireddawg
10-22-2016, 08:42 PM

17 the media

TUSK
10-22-2016, 08:44 PM
At least that was semi-funny

That was "a lot" funny.

oldtrickdawg
10-22-2016, 09:04 PM
I took my cow bell off the barn wall after the previous owner, a cow, had no further use for it...Cow College is a term of endearment to me..I still have it 51 years later...I still remember vividly my emotions as I waited for the guy in some little shop just off downtown to weld a handle on it..Bring your bona fides...We got the fire Mr. Mullen message about the fiftieth time a new thread was started about it...Same with Cohen last year...

preachermatt83
10-22-2016, 09:42 PM
I'm not saying one way or the other on Briles but I do wonder why he's not in jail if there is evidence he covered up rape. Something doesn't add up.