PDA

View Full Version : Think about this ...

desotodawg
10-21-2016, 12:07 PM
When we beat Kentucky this weekend and TSUN loses to LSU, we will have the same overall record and be a game up on them in the West. We will be trending up while they are trending down. We are in a rebuilding year. They were supposed to be contenders.

I know it may not end up that way in the end, but, we can at least enjoy it for a while.

DD

JDog13
10-21-2016, 12:25 PM
I don't enjoy sucking as bad or not quite as bad. We'll get destroyed in the Egg so the one game lead would be short lived.

Quaoarsking
10-21-2016, 12:43 PM
If we can upset A&M or Arkansas and Ole miss loses 3 out of LSU, A&M, Auburn and Vandy, the Egg Bowl could be a battle of 5-6 teams playing for Birmingham.

It's not that implausible.

maroonmania
10-21-2016, 12:46 PM
When we beat Kentucky this weekend and TSUN loses to LSU, we will have the same overall record and be a game up on them in the West. We will be trending up while they are trending down. We are in a rebuilding year. They were supposed to be contenders.

I know it may not end up that way in the end, but, we can at least enjoy it for a while.

DD

Beat a bad KY team and we would be trending up?

archdog
10-21-2016, 05:32 PM
LSU is not beating UM.

msstate7
10-21-2016, 05:49 PM
LSU is not beating UM.

Based on what? What om does well plays right into lsu's hands. What lsu does well is a major weakness for om. Not saying lsu will win for sure, but saying a home 7.5 point favorite WON'T win is pretty bold statement

Saltydog
10-21-2016, 05:54 PM
game. I just don't see it happening either.

msstate7
10-21-2016, 06:02 PM
game. I just don't see it happening either.

Lsu rushing offense -- 4th sec
Om rushing defense -- 12th sec

Om passing offense -- 1st sec
Lsu pass defense -- 5th sec

DownwardDawg
10-21-2016, 06:16 PM
LSU is not beating UM.

The surprise would be if ole miss wins this game. Not the other way around. LSU should beat them much easier than Arkansas did. LSU is built to beat them. Very physical running team. Physical DB's. Good receivers. I just don't see UM beating them.

Saltydog
10-21-2016, 06:17 PM
a talented UM team.

SDDawg
10-21-2016, 06:35 PM
I don't enjoy sucking as bad or not quite as bad. We'll get destroyed in the Egg so the one game lead would be short lived.

With conventional wisdom being that we'll suck in the Egg Bowl, it makes me wonder...

SDDawg
10-21-2016, 06:36 PM
Talent is as talent does. If you think UM is talented, you have to excuse multiple blown leads and inexplicable losses when they were more "talented" than the opponent. Not sure I can buy into that any longer... either that or Freeze has lot this team. One of those things must be true.

Todd4State
10-21-2016, 06:38 PM
a talented UM team.

You've been reading the Clarion-Ledger too much. Good teams don't blow massive leads like they did to FSU and Alabama. They've beaten Memphis, a bad Georgia team, and Wofford. They're average.

Jack Lambert
10-21-2016, 06:39 PM
I try not to think about Ole Miss these days. It gives me the shits.

Todd4State
10-21-2016, 06:40 PM
Talent is as talent does. If you think UM is talented, you have to excuse multiple blown leads and inexplicable losses when they were more "talented" than the opponent. Not sure I can buy into that any longer... either that or Freeze has lot this team. One of those things must be true.

They're really talented in spots like WR but they're really bad other areas like the secondary. There isn't much in between on their team.

msstate7
10-21-2016, 06:41 PM

Om has talent at qb, wr, and dline.

Lsu has talent everywhere, but qb.

Lsu is way more talented than om, but Kelly could neutralize that some if he plays really well

Todd4State
10-21-2016, 07:01 PM
Om has talent at qb, wr, and dline.

Lsu has talent everywhere, but qb.

Lsu is way more talented than om, but Kelly could neutralize that some if he plays really well

His completion percentage has to be worse when he has pressure.

msstate7
10-21-2016, 07:05 PM
His completion percentage has to be worse when he has pressure.

Key, Neal, and godchaux are gonna put pressure on kelly

Goldendawg
10-21-2016, 08:18 PM
If the bears' DL is so good, why all the problems stopping the run against ARK and their overall ranking against the run? 12th out of 14 SEC teams is pretty bad in my Jethro Bodean book of arithmetic.

msstate7
10-21-2016, 08:23 PM
If the bears' DL is so good, why all the problems stopping the run against ARK and their overall ranking against the run? 12th out of 14 SEC teams is pretty bad in my Jethro Bodean book of arithmetic.

Think some of it bc of all the stunts and some of it's just poor lb play. They've missed on lb's

bulldawg28
10-21-2016, 08:27 PM
LSU is not beating UM.

By less than 10 points. This game has the makings of a blowout big time going LSU's way. I'm going to enjoy every minute of it.

Statecoachingblows**
10-21-2016, 08:33 PM
I think fournette and guice?? have a field day. Too much on the line for O, and he is a fiery guy especially for this one.