PDA

View Full Version : Lindgren

msstate7
04-07-2013, 07:42 PM
Murray on genespage is reporting lindgren just turned his ankle. I don't know which ankle it is. Somebody smarter than me tell me which ankle would be worse: plant or landing ankle.

maroonmania
04-07-2013, 07:54 PM
Murray on genespage is reporting lindgren just turned his ankle. I don't know which ankle it is. Somebody smarter than me tell me which ankle would be worse: plant or landing ankle.

Glad to hear that hopefully its not too serious but that was a VERY costly turned ankle for us. Really the first batter of the 5th inning was the only batter to get a solid hit off him. The second batter just hit a high bouncer that went into the right spot and the third was suppose to just be a sacrifice when Lindgren lost his footing. However, really all the relievers that followed Lindgren after the injury got hit pretty good. The sickening thing is that triples are rare in and of themselves but to think Gentry has given up 2 bases loaded triples in SEC play is just nuts.

msstate7
04-07-2013, 08:02 PM
Glad to hear that hopefully its not too serious but that was a VERY costly turned ankle for us. Really the first batter of the 5th inning was the only batter to get a solid hit off him. The second batter just hit a high bouncer that went into the right spot and the third was suppose to just be a sacrifice when Lindgren lost his footing. However, really all the relievers that followed Lindgren after the injury got hit pretty good. The sickening thing is that triples are rare in and of themselves but to think Gentry has given up 2 bases loaded triples in SEC play is just nuts.

I take a few good things from this game:

1. Frazier really looked better at the plate. That first at bat was the Frazier of last year.

2. Lindgren came back strong after missing a start. He had some bad luck in the 5th, but he was outstanding. Lord willing, he's ready to go against aTm.

3. I'm pretty sure you won't see gentry in a pressure situation again for awhile. Nothing against the kid, but he clearly isn't ready for situations like that.

Now lets get a 3-1 week. Don't care which 3 we win either.

Will James
04-07-2013, 08:03 PM
I would imagine both would be tough to pitch with but if you can't plant on an ankle you definitely Can't pitch.

Coach34
04-07-2013, 08:13 PM
I would imagine both would be tough to pitch with but if you can't plant on an ankle you definitely Can't pitch.

It's his plant ankle I'm pretty sure. It's one of those you just have to ice and see how it heals- he may miss one start or he may be good to go by next Sunday...the best thing is that he threw pain free today