PDA

View Full Version : Where are you mentally?

Where'sWaldo
10-20-2016, 02:57 PM
I may be in the minority but at this point a loss to Kentucky or Samford wouldn't sting that bad. I've conceded the season and will support the team and be at the games but will have zero emotional investment based on the outcome. I'm 27 and have been a bulldog all my life. I'd be interested to see where everyone is mentally with this team and how that corresponds with age. I just can't get pissed off at Mullen at this point. I know if he tanks this year and next he's gone so this is his ship to fix. There's nothing getting pissed off is going to help at this point imo.

Barking 13
10-20-2016, 02:58 PM
see below

dawgday166
10-20-2016, 03:02 PM
Apathy.

civildawg
10-20-2016, 03:05 PM
^^^^^ same

shoeless joe
10-20-2016, 03:08 PM
Been feeling that same way since auburn '11

Jarius
10-20-2016, 03:13 PM
I am still pulling for us to win this weekend, but if we lose I won't be that upset.

Brahmabull
10-20-2016, 03:19 PM
I have been apathetic since watching us last spring. It has made this season much easier to stomach.

BrunswickDawg
10-20-2016, 03:19 PM
I may be in the minority but at this point a loss to Kentucky or Samford wouldn't sting that bad. I've conceded the season and will support the team and be at the games but will have zero emotional investment based on the outcome. I'm 27 and have been a bulldog all my life. I'd be interested to see where everyone is mentally with this team and how that corresponds with age. I just can't get pissed off at Mullen at this point. I know if he tanks this year and next he's gone so this is his ship to fix. There's nothing getting pissed off is going to help at this point imo.

Welcome to 1993.

Beaver
10-20-2016, 03:22 PM
Just win. Somebody actually play well for 4 quarters.

mparkerfd20
10-20-2016, 03:23 PM
Couldn't care less. I'm totally checked out for the rest of this season.

HoopsDawg
10-20-2016, 03:26 PM
I usually come at everything from a realistic point of view and I just have some real concerns about the overall talent level of this roster especially at key positions. And that's not only for this year but for next year as well. There are no quick fixes on the O-line. That makes it really hard to get excited.

I'm having to reset my expectations. So mentally, I would just say I hope we continue to play hard and with effort like we did against BYU. Mullen needs to play the right guys, play some younger guys, make a couple of staff changes and get this recruiting class right. That's the best we can hope for at this point.

Todd4State
10-20-2016, 03:27 PM
Apathetic about our season and program. Have been since December. I'm just hoping Dan walks away in the offseason and we can get someone that can coach and recruit well.

JoseBrown
10-20-2016, 03:29 PM
I am still pulling for us to win this weekend, but if we lose I won't be that upset.

Ditto

louisvilledawg
10-20-2016, 03:34 PM
Me the rest of the season:

https://media.giphy.com/media/lRRyxHVuD8geI/giphy.gif

maroonmania
10-20-2016, 03:37 PM
I'm for doing whatever we need to do the rest of this season to make us a legitimate team in 2017. The 2016 season is already down the toilet and there is no salvaging it.

TrapGame
10-20-2016, 03:44 PM
The truth? The truth is I'm more excited about the LSU/OM game. I want Coach O to beat the shit outta the bears. If we win at Kentucky I'm ok that's great. But, I'm still pretty much meh for the rest of the season.

Maroonthirteen
10-20-2016, 03:45 PM
Waiting on some improvement like.........

https://moviewriternyu.files.wordpress.com/2013/09/bored-fans.jpg

GreenheadDawg
10-20-2016, 03:47 PM
I now have the same attitude that Mullen and the team has. Don't really give a shit

confucius say
10-20-2016, 03:59 PM
I want to see maximum effort and improved play from young guys, especially qb development. I can sell myself that 5-7 is essentially where I thought we'd be sans a missed 27 yard field goal against usa.

yjnkdawg
10-20-2016, 04:01 PM
The truth? The truth is I'm more excited about the LSU/OM game. I want Coach O to beat the shit outta the bears. If we win at Kentucky I'm ok that's great. But, I'm still pretty much meh for the rest of the season.

I hope Mullen sees the urgency in getting rid of the dead weight on the coaching staff (excluding Gonzalez and the Defensive Staff), and makes the necessary changes. and puts recruiting as a high priority. I'm not going to get hyper or freak out if the rest of the season goes like it has so far, but I would be overly happy if it could be turned around. I want to also see O and the Tigers put a major whoopin on Freeze and OM, and send them back whimpering to Oxford being 3 and 4.

GTHOM
10-20-2016, 04:02 PM
Apathetic about our season and program. Have been since December. I'm just hoping Dan walks away in the offseason and we can get someone that can coach and recruit well.

Yep. Its sad where we are considering were we could and should be. Thanks Dan

Johnson85
10-20-2016, 04:08 PM

A loss to UK won't sting at all andn won't really impact my view of the team/Dan. We suck. UK sucks. Basically a coin flip. Win or lose doesn't change that much.

If we lose to Samford, it won't sting, but it will impact my view of the team/Dan, and I'll be ready to go ahead and bit the bullet and fire him, unless he shows some fire that includes firing Hevesy, and running off some upperclassmen.

Todd4State
10-20-2016, 04:15 PM
Losing to Samford should be an automatic dismissal. I don't think we will lose to Samford though.

Dawgology
10-20-2016, 07:28 PM

About basketball season.

msbulldog
10-20-2016, 07:55 PM
I'm 61 years old, I was a freshman in 1973. I fell in love with MSU in the 7th grade when I went there for a 4-H state contest. I have seen the worst and the best (2014, thank The Good Lord for letting me see #1). I will always love our school and I will always support her. I go into every game with optimism, no matter how unrealistic that seems. I have been to Omaha and bowl games and more football, basketball games (men and women), and baseball games than I can count.
Mentally where do I stand? I've seen worse, but I have faith in our school and I love it and the people, who like me love it. We'll be okay. Hail State!

LC Dawg
10-20-2016, 08:01 PM
http://youtu.be/KDXbl54HpQE

Goldendawg
10-20-2016, 08:10 PM
I'm also 61, raised a Dawg, carried to 1st game in '63, UNM/State. Transfered to State from NEMCC, Spring 1975. Family has kept season tickets since the early 70's. 15 year old son and six other family members go to all home games. I, too have seen worse, but never expected to see us this bad again, especially under Mullen this quickly since #1. Think we might beat KY, better beat Samford, and expect to get beat soundly by the rest with Bama playing everyone including the waterboy, and The Rev putting 60 on us if he can ( will be worse than Croome's last game). That we can put a complete OL on the field that only has SEC offers from us is very disgusting. I don't expect better in 2017. Very stoic at this time.

Coursesuper
10-20-2016, 08:14 PM
Done.

anubus
10-20-2016, 08:15 PM
After Auburn I was ready to tune out but they fought BYU and I plan on watching rest of season .I'm hoping for a few more wins starting Sturday.I'm also interested in the smouldering wreck that's developing up North and starting with Saturday's Coach O ass s!tomping of ol pissy my channel changer will be flipping like never before.Hail State

msbulldog
10-20-2016, 08:42 PM
I'm also 61, raised a Dawg, carried to 1st game in '63, UNM/State. Transfered to State from NEMCC, Spring 1975. Family has kept season tickets since the early 70's. 15 year old son and six other family members go to all home games. I, too have seen worse, but never expected to see us this bad again, especially under Mullen this quickly since #1. Think we might beat KY, better beat Samford, and expect to get beat soundly by the rest with Bama playing everyone including the waterboy, and The Rev putting 60 on us if he can ( will be worse than Croome's last game). That we can put a complete OL on the field that only has SEC offers from us is very disgusting. I don't expect better in 2017. Very stoic at this time.

Keep the faith!

BulldogBear
10-21-2016, 12:20 AM
I wouldn't say still cautiously optistic. I would call it... still interested but guarding my heart.

I feel like we ought to best the Cats, even though I haven't predicted as much. Samford is a W. We'll end up giving TAMU and/or UPIG s good game. If so, there's always a chance we steal one. As the developing circus up north, I'm way short of calling for a win but I like our chances more and more each week as the train wreck gets worse and worse.

As for Dan.... I'm all but completely done. When I say not 100% I mean like 92.3% ...He can still win me back but that likely involves a bowl and/or beating TSUN with renewed vigor in him and full commitment to MSU.

Drugdog
10-21-2016, 12:39 AM
I don't know whether to wind my ass or scratch my watch with this team. Still hoping for a miracle but rapidly losing faith.
I think the majority of this board cares more than the coaches and some administration people.
Here is hoping for a reversal of fortune, but I just don't see it. I just hate to get EMBARRASSED and there is a good chance that will happen the rest of the year
I thought we were past being the laughing stock of the league but unfortunately we are not. Thats what discourages me.

HereComesTheSpiral
10-21-2016, 12:42 AM
Done, Auburn killed my give a shit.

Apoplectic
10-21-2016, 03:36 AM
I thought we were off this weekend???

Maroonthirteen
10-21-2016, 09:28 AM
I am defeated. That is where I am.

The Auburn game....I was hoping that State would bounce back and erase the USA game. It did nothing but affirm that the USA game wasn't a fluke and we are in fact...not good.

The BYU game.....Ok, there is still a chance we could get to 6-6. Nope. Shot ourselves in the foot over and over. Opportunity lost.

Now, we have winnable games in UK and Samford. HOWEVER......HERE IS MY PROBLEM.....

Not since the 2009 Egg Bowl have we pulled a big upset. NOT ONE Fn TIME since 2009! Sure we beat UF in the swamp in 2010. They lost 5 games that year. We were good. LSU game 2014......same deal. They lost 5 games and we were very good. So, there is two big wins there but we were the better team even though we were the perceived underdog going into the game.

There were a number... MANY ..games over the last 7 years that were pivotal games for us. Arkansas 2010/ OM 12,14,15/ Bama 12, 14/ Northwestern 12/ Ga Tech 14. Just off the top of my head. We lost every one. We had good teams too. SO my point to all this, I could have some hope that in these next two games. We find some rhythm, confidence and the team comes together. THen we upset Arkansas and OM. However, I have seen Mullen's teams in must win situations a number of times....loss after loss. T

This season does set up similar to 2013 but Arkansas was bad in 2013. OM was decent but not as good as this year. Also, Nickoe Whitely is not playing.

I have no faith that Dan can pull a single upset, much less two upsets to finish 6-6.

WeWonItAll(Most)
10-21-2016, 09:48 AM
I want to see maximum effort and improved play from young guys, especially qb development. I can sell myself that 5-7 is essentially where I thought we'd be sans a missed 27 yard field goal against usa.

I'd be thrilled with 5-7 at this point. That would mean we beat one of Arkansas, OM, A&M (lol), or Bama (double lol). Which would mean that we've greatly improved our play and our effort on the field. Right now all 4 of those teams would steamroll us.

Taog Redloh
10-21-2016, 09:50 AM
Any of you saying you don't give a shit, are lying. If that were true, you wouldn't be on this board.

I am still of the opinion that Mullen succeeding here would be best for all parties. If that means he leaves us, so be it. At least we won't be the coaching graveyard anymore. And I'd really like to keep this winning streak over Kentucky alive.

CadaverDawg
10-21-2016, 10:04 AM
I'm no longer planning my weekend around college football like I do when we're good....but I AM excited to watch this team develop and grow. I enjoy seeing the future of the program, and to see young guys get better each game. It is definitely less stressful when expectations are lowered, but I'll still be tuned in and excited to watch tomorrow night.

Back when Croom was here and we sucked....I was much younger, but I learned to start watching other things like individual matchups or position groups, to see how some of our younger talent was looking. It was a way to still have interest even after the bowl hopes were gone or if we were down big...bc I can't make myself turn it off. I love the Dawgs too much.

I think our fans wanting Dan gone are giving up too quickly. I think he turns it around. That being said, I've grown up a lot, and was quick to jump on the "Fire Him!" train not too long ago in my life....so I understand where some people are coming from. I also know that he's getting next year regardless, so I wish we'd all come together, quit saying you want him gone, so that we don't sabotage our entire recruiting class. Everyone bitches about talent, then spends an entire season convincing recruits that our coach is leaving or will be fired on message boards, twitter, facebook, etc. Your voices aren't getting him fired this year, so all you're doing is making a tough recruiting job even tougher. But that's just me.

#PullTheRope

West Houston Dog
10-21-2016, 10:05 AM
*we get a new OL coach who can coach and RECRUIT. This should be non negotiable.

*Review the strength coach at end of season. We are not physical enough to date and Auburn pushed us around like we were a high school team.

*Review Sirmon's performance in these last 6 games. If the defense is not stout/aggressive, need to cut our losses and go another direction. Get a successful DC.

* DO NOT LOSE T . BUCKLEY. the guy seems to be our best recruiter and is getting us into Florida...land of many blue chip studs.

* the TE coach is not a successful recruiter. we need a TE coach who is.

*Knox the rb coach has had some recruiting success. i am 50/50 with him.

*review the defensive line coach. A stout defensive line can keep you in a game where the offense is struggling. So far am not happy with what we have seen.

If Dan stays, we need an overhaul on asst coaching. the new AD must be onboard, because you have to pay up $$ to get quality assts.

Maroonthirteen
10-21-2016, 10:05 AM
Yeah, I care. I care too much. I'll watch our game Saturday night (not LSU). I'll be at the Samford game.

However I have zero confidence we win at UK and even if we do....zero confidence we pull off an upset down the stretch.

Taog Redloh
10-21-2016, 10:10 AM
Yeah, I care. I care too much. I'll watch our game Saturday night (not LSU). I'll be at the Samford game.

However I have zero confidence we win at UK and even if we do....zero confidence we pull off an upset down the stretch.

I'm with you there. And I'll also be at Samford. We'll probably meet, as sparsely populated as the stadium will be, especially in 4th quarter.

I look at it this way - even if we'd been a little better, we were never going to be anything special this year anyway. May as well get the bad bounces out of the way.

msbulldog
10-21-2016, 12:09 PM
I'm no longer planning my weekend around college football like I do when we're good....but I AM excited to watch this team develop and grow. I enjoy seeing the future of the program, and to see young guys get better each game. It is definitely less stressful when expectations are lowered, but I'll still be tuned in and excited to watch tomorrow night.

Back when Croom was here and we sucked....I was much younger, but I learned to start watching other things like individual matchups or position groups, to see how some of our younger talent was looking. It was a way to still have interest even after the bowl hopes were gone or if we were down big...bc I can't make myself turn it off. I love the Dawgs too much.

I think our fans wanting Dan gone are giving up too quickly. I think he turns it around. That being said, I've grown up a lot, and was quick to jump on the "Fire Him!" train not too long ago in my life....so I understand where some people are coming from. I also know that he's getting next year regardless, so I wish we'd all come together, quit saying you want him gone, so that we don't sabotage our entire recruiting class. Everyone bitches about talent, then spends an entire season convincing recruits that our coach is leaving or will be fired on message boards, twitter, facebook, etc. Your voices aren't getting him fired this year, so all you're doing is making a tough recruiting job even tougher. But that's just me.

#PullTheRope

Agreed! +1