PDA

View Full Version : Ok how many of you still believe Russell is our best option?

RougeDawg
08-31-2013, 07:17 PM
From today's game, that debate has was put to rest today. Russell is one dimensional and allows defenses to only prepare for one type of offense. I don't know how many more games I can watch concrete shoes sit back there all ****ing day, never feel the heat, or make a quick decision, and fold like a lawn chair every time he gets tapped. Defenses will eat our lunch all year if he's in there.

Dak, although his passing game is evolving, is the best option. His threat to run the ball causes defenses to have to defend against 11 offensive players. Russell creates a 11-10 advantage for defense.

This should be easy for 99% of our fanbase to see after today. TR has been great for us, but for 2013, Dak gives us the best chance to win 6 games.

CowtownDawg
08-31-2013, 07:24 PM
From today's game, that debate has was put to rest today. Russell is one dimensional and allows defenses to only prepare for one type of offense. I don't know how many more games I can watch concrete shoes sit back there all ****ing day, never feel the heat, or make a quick decision, and fold like a lawn chair every time he gets tapped. Defenses will eat our lunch all year if he's in there.

Dak, although his passing game is evolving, is the best option. His threat to run the ball causes defenses to have to defend against 11 offensive players. Russell creates a 11-10 advantage for defense.

This should be easy for 99% of our fanbase to see after today. TR has been great for us, but for 2013, Dak gives us the best chance to win 6 games.

Before today, I would have never agreed with this. I can't fault Tyler for the shitty play calling, but he looked timid in the pocket, made poor decisions, and wasn't accurate at all today. The win total may not be any different this year if we go to Dak simply because he will make mistakes as well while he gets experience. However, I would rather take my lumps with Dak learning in an offense that fits his skill set and have two more years with him than suffer through a long season with TR and then have another season next year where we have to live with a QB gaining experience. Give me two full years with an experienced QB please.

Gordon Gekko
08-31-2013, 07:25 PM
I was hoping Russel's senior year would be the year he led the team and lit it up like the highly rated four star he was coming out of high school.

I'm ready to let Dak run the show and see what happens.

Dawgface
08-31-2013, 07:26 PM
We need a running QB and Dak is our best option for that.

DownwardDawg
08-31-2013, 07:26 PM
We are ****ed until we get rid of Mullen for Hud.

KennyPowers2
08-31-2013, 07:28 PM
Dak is the best option, but I'm still not sure that Les wouldn't screw that up either.

HereComesTheSpiral
08-31-2013, 07:30 PM
I think Drew Brees would look horrible with our inept coaching staff.

Coach34
08-31-2013, 07:31 PM
Dak is the best option, but I'm still not sure that Les wouldn't screw that up either.

Mullen called plays today

HereComesTheSpiral
08-31-2013, 07:32 PM

Winner right here, Les could screw up getting wet in the ocean.

Jacksondevildog
08-31-2013, 07:34 PM

If true, he needs to go because that was a complete joke.

ckDOG
08-31-2013, 07:34 PM
I don't give a damn who then QB is as long as Mullen gets back to installing an offense similar to the one that got his ass hired. Mullen sucks at anything varying much from that.

Gordon Gekko
08-31-2013, 07:35 PM
Even if the offensive problems lie with Les, which I don't think is the case, Mullen has kept him around all these years. This is on Mullen regardless.

Bully13
08-31-2013, 07:36 PM
our OL play is equal to our OL recruiting and both suck shit....shit sucking will be our way until we get quality OLinmen...case closed

TrueMaroon
08-31-2013, 07:37 PM

How do u know? I was at the game so I couldn't tell one way or another.

maroonmania
08-31-2013, 07:39 PM
Even if the offensive problems lie with Les, which I don't think is the case, Mullen has kept him around all these years. This is on Mullen regardless.

Agreed, this far into his tenure EVERYTHING stops with Mullen. Koennig is still around because Dan wants him around.

Coach34
08-31-2013, 07:49 PM
How do u know? I was at the game so I couldn't tell one way or another.

They kept showing Mullen looking at the play sheet and he was mouthing playcalls

KennyPowers2
08-31-2013, 07:50 PM
Ralph and Dixon would have tore the cowboys ass up today. The thing is that back then we didn't have no choice but To run the offense built for Ralph. Mullen is trying to fit a round peg (TR) into a square hole ( our offense).

Political Hack
08-31-2013, 07:51 PM
I'm willing to bet TR had a concussion well before he left the game...

MetEdDawg
08-31-2013, 07:56 PM
I know he was calling plays there for Dak after Russell got hurt, but did he call plays the entire game?

On a separate, yet related note, I think this is where we might could save some money on staff costs and give some other guys raises, or hire a ST coach. Fire Koenning and let Mullen take complete control of the offense, or let Gonzales call plays and coach WRs and let Mullen take full control of the QBs. It seems a bit redundant to have Koenning call plays and coach QBs when we have a HC that made his mark doing that and have a guy like Gonzales that can call plays as well.