PDA

View Full Version : Regarding Coach O

WSOPdawg
10-20-2016, 09:38 AM
Let's say LSU throttles TCUN this weekend by 14+ points and loses a close one to Bama two weeks later.

IF LSU runs the table and wins their last 4 games ( @#17Arky, South Alabama, #15Florida and @#6aTm), is that enough for Orgeron to be offered the HC position?

ShotgunDawg
10-20-2016, 09:43 AM
Not at LSU, but maybe at Houston, Kentucky, Memphis, etc.

He'll need to beat Bama for serious consideration for LSU job.

Ifyouonlyknew
10-20-2016, 09:49 AM
LSU AD wants O to be the HC but O has to prove he can handle it. If their only loss is a close 1 to Bama then I bet O is the man next year. Esp considering most believe Herman would choose Texas over LSU.

Jack Lambert
10-20-2016, 09:58 AM
Not at LSU, but maybe at Houston, Kentucky, Memphis, etc.

He'll need to beat Bama for serious consideration for LSU job.

If he beats Alabama he will get a serious look and if LSU don't hire him someone will.

1bigdawg
10-20-2016, 10:22 AM
If Mullen leaves, I would not be disappointed if we hired him. A) He has done a good job as a coach since leaving UNM. B) He recruits lights out so if he does not succeed we at least have a good talent core to word with. C) He not only hates UNM, but knows all their tricks which could make them use them less for fear of getting caught again.

Jarius
10-20-2016, 10:23 AM
If he runs the table after doing well at USC he needs to be given a look at a lot of places. He will have obviously changed some things about his coaching style for the better and everyone knows he can recruit.

Coldsleeve Jr.
10-20-2016, 10:36 AM
If he runs the table after doing well at USC he needs to be given a look at a lot of places. He will have obviously changed some things about his coaching style for the better and everyone knows he can recruit.

I remember while O was at UNM there was a rumored story that during the first team meeting he took a piss in the middle of the locker room floor and claimed it as his territory. Always wondered if true.

TNDawg35
10-20-2016, 10:38 AM
I would be fine woth O if CDM were to leave, which he would turn shit around and step it up, but each his own. If he doesnt want to be here, we dont want him here. Anyway, I would be fine with O, pay him a couple mill, give him some damn good money to hire really really good DC and OC and roll with this shit..

Boy that would be the ultimate insult to NM. Coach O coaches them and doesnt do shit, then comes here later on and whips there sorry ass repeatedly...

parabrave
10-20-2016, 11:05 AM

He said in an interview back when he was at USC what he changed. He learned to trust his coordinators to do their jobs in calling plays and defenses.

Todd4State
10-20-2016, 11:08 AM
LSU AD wants O to be the HC but O has to prove he can handle it. If their only loss is a close 1 to Bama then I bet O is the man next year. Esp considering most believe Herman would choose Texas over LSU.

I agree with this. If he runs the table aside from Alabama I think he gets the job.

Johnson85
10-20-2016, 11:15 AM
If Mullen leaves, I would not be disappointed if we hired him. A) He has done a good job as a coach since leaving UNM. B) He recruits lights out so if he does not succeed we at least have a good talent core to word with. C) He not only hates UNM, but knows all their tricks which could make them use them less for fear of getting caught again.

We'd have to be prepared to pony up a lot more for assistant coaches than we do now. We'll need some consistency with coordinator positions to make up for our HC not being an X's and O'x person. I would think we'd need a minimum of 7 figures for each coordinator. Giving him $3M and then $1M for an OC and $1M for a DC would keep our coaching staff salary roughly at what it is now.

was21
10-20-2016, 11:24 AM
It's doubtful if he would get the job unless he wins the remainder of the games. Even then, it wouldn't be a certainty. They're interested in making a splash with a hire and keeping him wouldn't be one.

Ifyouonlyknew
10-20-2016, 11:26 AM
It's doubtful if he would get the job unless he wins the remainder of the games. Even then, it wouldn't be a certainty. They're interested in making a splash with a hire and keeping him wouldn't be one.

It would be a splash to the current players & recruits. O is a bigger player for the job than people think. The ball is in his court now.

LC Dawg
10-20-2016, 11:33 AM
Let's say LSU throttles TCUN this weekend by 14+ points and loses a close one to Bama two weeks later.

IF LSU runs the table and wins their last 4 games ( @#17Arky, South Alabama, #15Florida and @#6aTm), is that enough for Orgeron to be offered the HC position?

I'll take him at State if he just wins the South Alabama game.

WSOPdawg
10-20-2016, 11:33 AM
Well I think he's gotta at least split with LSU's two biggest rivals over the next two games (keeping any loss close on the scoreboard) to remain in the discussion for later in the year. But I like him to have his team fired up for this weekend and take care of business Saturday night in Red Stick.

LC Dawg
10-20-2016, 11:41 AM
We'd have to be prepared to pony up a lot more for assistant coaches than we do now. We'll need some consistency with coordinator positions to make up for our HC not being an X's and O'x person. I would think we'd need a minimum of 7 figures for each coordinator. Giving him $3M and then $1M for an OC and $1M for a DC would keep our coaching staff salary roughly at what it is now.

This is what I've been saying we should offer to O if we get the chance. I don't know if he would take it because he'd be paid so much lower than other SEC head coaches but if we can get the right coordinators I think this would work. Right now our coordinators are leaving for coordinator jobs. If you pay them $1M or more it will be harder for them to leave and also it will be easier to hire good coordinators from other schools.
I also wouldn't mind doing this with someone like Jim Tressel. Tell him to just run the program and let his coaches tend to the X's and O's.

Bully13
10-20-2016, 12:01 PM
Footbawww...let's take our shirts awff...wrestle around...footbawwwww

msbulldog
10-20-2016, 12:24 PM
Guys remember Ogre taught Freezus how to recruit and how is that working with the NCAA? Ogre was at USCw with Pete Carroll when all the stuff with Reggie Bush happened. Makes you wonder how he got those Best Recruiter titles.

WSOPdawg
10-20-2016, 12:28 PM
Footbawww...let's take our shirts awff...wrestle around...footbawwwww

lololol, amazing how I read in his accent when anyone types something of "cajun speak"

BB30
10-20-2016, 12:48 PM
He will do well as a HC wherever he gets that opportunity. It seems he has learned a lot as an assistant the last several years. I love his energy and think he would get the most out of his players year in and year out. He would definitely need some good offensive minds around him. I also think he would do a great job at LSU and that would have to be a dream job for him so I doubt anyone in the country would work as hard as he would to be successful there. As good of a recruiter as he is and as much talent is in LA and the surrounding area TX etc. It is scary to think what LSU could be with the right guy in place. It will be interesting to see who they go after.

Duckdog
10-20-2016, 12:55 PM
U gonna eat dat frog cake????

preachermatt83
10-20-2016, 01:19 PM
He can lose 2 games and still get the job.

MarketingBully
10-20-2016, 01:21 PM
So you guys didn't want him at Defensive Coordinator when we went with shittastic Manny but you are good with him being our next coach? Makes a lot of sense.....*****

CadaverDawg
10-20-2016, 01:30 PM
They ain't beating Bama, but he still has a shot at the job. A lot of LSU fans want him as the coach....if they miss on Herman and Jimbo, why not?

Bothrops
10-20-2016, 04:38 PM
O will be coach if he beats everyone remaining except Bama.

smootness
10-20-2016, 04:41 PM
Holy crap that would be a disaster of a hire. LSU shouldn't be hiring that type of coach.

RocketDawg
10-20-2016, 04:56 PM
Guys remember Ogre taught Freezus how to recruit and how is that working with the NCAA? Ogre was at USCw with Pete Carroll when all the stuff with Reggie Bush happened. Makes you wonder how he got those Best Recruiter titles.

Yes, I was thinking the same thing and was going to post it but fortunately read your post first. You gotta wonder.

Todd4State
10-20-2016, 04:59 PM
Holy crap that would be a disaster of a hire. LSU shouldn't be hiring that type of coach.

They're not hiring the Orgeron that Ole Miss hired. And if there is one place his accent and behavior won't be an issue it's Louisiana.

Sienfield
10-20-2016, 05:12 PM
This is what I've been saying we should offer to O if we get the chance. I don't know if he would take it because he'd be paid so much lower than other SEC head coaches but if we can get the right coordinators I think this would work. Right now our coordinators are leaving for coordinator jobs. If you pay them $1M or more it will be harder for them to leave and also it will be easier to hire good coordinators from other schools.
I also wouldn't mind doing this with someone like Jim Tressel. Tell him to just run the program and let his coaches tend to the X's and O's.

Tressel would have to get rid of those sweater vests before I would want him as a coach.

Todd4State
10-20-2016, 05:23 PM
Tressel would have to get rid of those sweater vests before I would want him as a coach.

It wouldn't be a good look with the shorts.

Goldendawg
10-20-2016, 08:19 PM
I asked "O" about it. He tore his shirt off and said "RRR, RRR, Brent Shaffer!" (I think.)

coachnorm
10-20-2016, 08:48 PM
You could very well be right about Freeze but the USC thing is not on point. Todd McNair's lawsuit against the NCAA has caused the proceeding to be posted on the internet via PDF. If you read the official court documents, you will discover that no credible evidence exists in the NCAA's prosecution of USC. The Reggie Bush fiasco will have hurt the NCAA far more than USC when Tens of Millions of dollars are moved from the NCAA to McNair and his attorneys.

msbulldog
10-20-2016, 09:23 PM
You could very well be right about Freeze but the USC thing is not on point. Todd McNair's lawsuit against the NCAA has caused the proceeding to be posted on the internet via PDF. If you read the official court documents, you will discover that no credible evidence exists in the NCAA's prosecution of USC. The Reggie Bush fiasco will have hurt the NCAA far more than USC when Tens of Millions of dollars are moved from the NCAA to McNair and his attorneys.

The court case has nothing to do with NCAA regulations. USC was found to have given impermissible benefits to an athlete. The damning evidence is that basically Bush admitted to it when he gave the Heisman trophy

DownwardDawg
10-20-2016, 09:35 PM

O would win 10 or more games a year at LSU. Like Todd pointed out, this ain't the same Ogre as ole miss hired. He has learned a lot. He will recruit better than Miles did (think about that) and he knows to turn his offense over to a good O coordinator.

coachnorm
10-20-2016, 09:51 PM
The court proceedings have everything to do with the NCAA because it proves the facts beyond conjecture. The facts, on record, prove that USC had no knowledge of the Reggie Bush so called benefits. The NCAA mainframe has proven, via in house communications, that the NCAA fabricated evidence to connect Bush to USC. If you read the public record as provided by the court transcript it will prove otherwise. NCAA regulations will not help them when mitigation is executed upon them.

WSOPdawg
10-21-2016, 08:31 AM
O would win 10 or more games a year at LSU. Like Todd pointed out, this ain't the same Ogre as ole miss hired. He has learned a lot. He will recruit better than Miles did (think about that) and he knows to turn his offense over to a good O coordinator.

Anybody have any idea as to what type of offense Ogre would run?

Jarius
10-21-2016, 08:50 AM
Anybody have any idea as to what type of offense Ogre would run?

The same offense Pete Carroll ran at USC and the same offense he tried to run at Ole Miss. Now he actually has the athletes to run it though.

smootness
10-21-2016, 11:33 AM

And we know this how? Generally terrible HCs don't become good HCs just because they get older and say they've changed. He was an atrocious HC. LSU can do far better.

Jarius
10-21-2016, 11:47 AM
And we know this how? Generally terrible HCs don't become good HCs just because they get older and say they've changed. He was an atrocious HC. LSU can do far better.

He is 8-2 as a head coach since leaving ole Miss.

OurState
10-21-2016, 08:48 PM
And we know this how? Generally terrible HCs don't become good hHCs just because they get older and say they've changed. He was an atrocious HC. LSU can do far better.

Winner, winner, chicken dinner.

O is a halfwit which is enouhh to let him recruit well and be a good position coach.

He has never been a coordinator (even after HC gigs)

Every coach In The SEC hopes O becomes head coach at LSU bc it would make their job easier

Don't be insane

smootness
10-21-2016, 09:47 PM
He is 8-2 as a head coach since leaving ole Miss.

Great, all in interim settings where his role as rah-rah guy works best.

LSU is not where a bad coach proves he's good. It would be a horrific hire.

msstate7
10-21-2016, 09:49 PM
LSU is not where a bad coach proves he's good. It would be a horrific hire.

Which is exactly why we should all be pulling for lsu to win out. I would love for O to force lsu to hire him