PDA

View Full Version : The first crack in the bear media.

starkvegasdawg
10-18-2016, 08:26 AM
Freeze is starting to get questioned. He even...gasp...mentioned a bowl ban as being possible.

https://omrebelnation.com/mediocre-rebels-fall-flat-8acc323a2a67#.y432ab3ck

Eric Nies Grind Time
10-18-2016, 08:34 AM
Losing does that.

LC Dawg
10-18-2016, 08:35 AM
"But the goal at Ole Miss is to win the SEC West, and that’s not going to happen this year. Now the goal should be to win the SEC West next year. And if starting to focus more on the underclassmen more would further that goal Freeze should give it some thought."

So every year when winning the West becomes out of reach they should bench all the upperclassmen and play all the young guys. That's a bold strategy Cotton.

Mjoelner34
10-18-2016, 08:47 AM
One thing that guy is saying is what I want to see happen to us for the same reason he mentions. "Next year". I want to see all Freshmen-Juniors get the majority of snaps from here to the end of the season. At the end of the year we lose 17 seniors that currently start or get the majority of playing time. Next year we WILL be a young team and will probably be sitting at 2-3 going into our bye even if things go well considering we face LSU at home then go to UGA and Auburn back-to-back-to-back in the first 5 weeks. Its time to start getting game environment experience for those guys. Experience now will be a helluva lot more valuable than reps with the 1's in spring ball.

BulldogBear
10-18-2016, 08:52 AM
Who knew they would wanna do a bowl ban once things went south this season, which was always bound to happen? I think it actually shows how delusional they are. They better be going to a bowl while they can. Whatever ban they get, even if they "start early" is bound to be over a few years before they are in the hunt again. Also, do they expect their mercs to play hard the rest if the year with no bowl...or maybe they've already practically quit.

Mjoelner34
10-18-2016, 08:59 AM
I clicked some more links on that page and found one a Treadwell and his goals. I felt like they needed updating.

Really Clark?
10-18-2016, 09:07 AM
One thing that guy is saying is what I want to see happen to us for the same reason he mentions. "Next year". I want to see all Freshmen-Juniors get the majority of snaps from here to the end of the season. At the end of the year we lose 17 seniors that currently start or get the majority of playing time. Next year we WILL be a young team and will probably be sitting at 2-3 going into our bye even if things go well considering we face LSU at home then go to UGA and Auburn back-to-back-to-back in the first 5 weeks. Its time to start getting game environment experience for those guys. Experience now will be a helluva lot more valuable than reps with the 1's in spring ball.

I disagree. At least that it's time to do that. You have to play Kentucky straight or else you lose the players thinking you have given up on the season at the half way point. If you win Kentucky then you hope the young guys get good playing time against Samford with a blow out win. Now you are 4-4 with 4 remaining. How can you justify strickly playing for next year at that point? Now if we lose to Kentucky and A & M, especially if it's pretty bad, then you have that as a real possibility as a course of action.

ShotgunDawg
10-18-2016, 09:23 AM
These people are dumber than a box of rocks. The idea that they would be given credit for instituting a bowl bad at this point in the season is absolute lunacy & insinuates that they see the NCAA as being run by a bunch a dumb people.

BrunswickDawg
10-18-2016, 09:23 AM
That article is so full of delusional thoughts, it could have been produced by either of the campaigns for POTUS. Shae Patterson so good he leaves after his RSo season?? Bears winning out and winning the west?? I'm sorry, anyone who bought in to OM being able to make the playoffs this year was high. Could an unprecedented early wins against FSU and Bama have set them up? Of course, but no way you loose the talent they had and plug in true freshman and compete that way. They went 8-5 in 2013 when those guys were freshman. That team was way more talented than the 2016 team is.

Bubb Rubb
10-18-2016, 09:37 AM
"But the goal at Ole Miss is to win the SEC West, and that’s not going to happen this year. Now the goal should be to win the SEC West next year. And if starting to focus more on the underclassmen more would further that goal Freeze should give it some thought."

So every year when winning the West becomes out of reach they should bench all the upperclassmen and play all the young guys. That's a bold strategy Cotton.

It should be everyone's goal to do something that you've never done before. That way, if you come up a little short, you can live with the result. Except for Ole Miss of course - in their case you start talking about self-imposing bowl bans and benching the best QB in the SEC.

Liverpooldawg
10-18-2016, 09:38 AM
If they self impose a bowl ban now if I was the NCAA I would triple everything they are going to give them. That just shows the utter contempt and disrespect that Ole Miss has for the NCAA.

Bubb Rubb
10-18-2016, 09:55 AM
If they self impose a bowl ban now if I was the NCAA I would triple everything they are going to give them. That just shows the utter contempt and disrespect that Ole Miss has for the NCAA.

If they self impose a bowl ban while they're bowl eligible, it may help their cause, similar to what Louisville did in basketball, where they were national championship contenders but made themselves ineligible for the tournament. Now, if Ole Miss drops another couple of games and decide to do it, the NCAA will probably see through that and not acknowledge it. My opinion.

TrapGame
10-18-2016, 10:01 AM

LIKE.

If O beats that ass Saturday what other cracks start to show? It could get very interesting very soon.

WSOPdawg
10-18-2016, 10:03 AM

Now this is a plan to get behind!!!

WSOPdawg
10-18-2016, 10:06 AM
These people are dumber than a box of rocks. The idea that they would be given credit for instituting a bowl bad at this point in the season is absolute lunacy & insinuates that they see the NCAA as being run by a bunch a dumb people.

Shotgun, they ARE pretty damn dumb!!! And delusional!!! And self-centered!!! And egotistial!!! And a BUNCH OF CHEATERS!!!

Liverpooldawg
10-18-2016, 10:08 AM
If they self impose a bowl ban while they're bowl eligible, it may help their cause, similar to what Louisville did in basketball, where they were national championship contenders but made themselves ineligible for the tournament. Now, if Ole Miss drops another couple of games and decide to do it, the NCAA will probably see through that and not acknowledge it. My opinion.

That's already at that point. They are 3-3 when they thought they might be 6-0. They aren't going to a major bowl and are just now floating the idea through one of their mouthpieces.

CadaverDawg
10-18-2016, 10:11 AM
Freeze is starting to get questioned. He even...gasp...mentioned a bowl ban as being possible.

https://omrebelnation.com/mediocre-rebels-fall-flat-8acc323a2a67#.y432ab3ck

Hahaha

Their perception of their program is hilarious. They are nothing more than a perennial cellar dweller in today's SEC West, that everyone knows cheated its ass off for this flash in the pan (which still didn't get them to Atlanta), and everyone knows they'll return to their rightful place at the bottom once they are knocked back to a level playing field shortly.

You gotta love a guy discussing an impending bowl ban while also saying "our expectations are to win the West". Haha
Guess they've never met expectations in program history, ha

Mjoelner34
10-18-2016, 10:15 AM
Lots of good links on that website Starkvegas.

Does Freeze ever preach in towns where there aren't 5-star recruits?
https://omrebelnation.com/freeze-preaches-jesus-in-jackson-cd10d5d6d754#.vaqvyixr6

Bubb Rubb
10-18-2016, 10:21 AM
That's already at that point. They are 3-3 when they thought they might be 6-0. They aren't going to a major bowl and are just now floating the idea through one of their mouthpieces.

I don't think they're quite there yet. They need to lose a couple of more in my opinion. Between A&M, Auburn, and LSU, they likely will.

Really Clark?
10-18-2016, 10:48 AM

I don't think it helps them. They already responded to 8 Level 1 violations and had the balls to try and self impose the same amount as ULL with their 1 Level 1. If they had tried to give an honest self imposed penalties when they responded to the NOA and included a post season ban, then the NCAA may not have went so hard when the other violations popped up. And the self imposed they did offer up only had one part that was close to being in line with the infraction penalty structure. That was the fine monies they were willing to give the NCAA. Trying to buy their way out of significant penalties

BossDawg
10-18-2016, 11:25 AM
Go back and read some of those articles before the Arky game. Their optimism was pretty out there considering they really hadn't beat anyone. It's like you can taste their desperation to be relevant.

BossDawg
10-18-2016, 11:32 AM
Does Freeze ever preach in towns where there aren't 5-star recruits?
https://omrebelnation.com/freeze-preaches-jesus-in-jackson-cd10d5d6d754#.vaqvyixr6

I wouldn't trust that man with anything. What a pathetic show boat. I learned long ago it's hard to trust a man that doesn't cuss, spit or grab his crotch at least a little. The guys trying to make sure everyone sees how morally superior they are, they're the ones you have to keep an eye on.

Bothrops
10-18-2016, 11:35 AM
What a weepy willow shit sack.

FISHDAWG
10-18-2016, 02:20 PM

loss of 20 or so schollies over three yrs pretty much = multiple years of bowl ban anyway doesn't it

RocketDawg
10-18-2016, 02:26 PM
"But the goal at Ole Miss is to win the SEC West, and that?s not going to happen this year. Now the goal should be to win the SEC West next year. And if starting to focus more on the underclassmen more would further that goal Freeze should give it some thought."

Is winning the West their ultimate goal? I'd say winning the NC is the goal of all FB teams ... winning the West should just an intermediate step.

RocketDawg
10-18-2016, 02:33 PM
LIKE.

If O beats that ass Saturday what other cracks start to show? It could get very interesting very soon.

Gotta wonder ... if they self-impose a bowl ban, and then only win 5 games so they're not eligible anyway, would the ban count? **

PMDawg
10-19-2016, 02:43 PM
Shotgun, they ARE pretty damn dumb!!! And delusional!!! And self-centered!!! And egotistial!!! And a BUNCH OF CHEATERS!!!

Enforcer - has this guy been vetted? Because he comes across as either a troll, a kid, or both.

TUSK
10-19-2016, 05:37 PM
Enforcer - has this guy been vetted? Because he comes across as either a troll, a kid, or both.

Ditto

WSOPdawg
10-19-2016, 06:29 PM

Guys, please feel free to check ALL of my posts. I assure you I bleed maroon and white better than most.

Statecoachingblows**
10-19-2016, 09:39 PM
I clicked some more links on that page and found one a Treadwell and his goals. I felt like they needed updating.

Awesome, I dot. Even know what else to say