Passing offense -- 115th
Scoring offense -- 97th

Total defense -- 97th
Rushing defense -- 87th
Passing defense -- 83rd
Scoring defense -- 90th

CadaverDawg
10-17-2016, 11:13 PM
It's going to be like deciding who is the skinniest kid at Fat Camp. Regardless of outcome, you're both fat.

RougeDawg
10-18-2016, 12:42 AM
It's going to be like deciding who is the skinniest kid at Fat Camp. Regardless of outcome, you're both fat.

Or tallest midget contest. Sad to say I'll be there in attendance. Hopefully the whiskey tours the two days before will mentally prepare me for the shit show.

starkvegasdawg
10-18-2016, 02:13 AM
As long as your wife doesn't tell you out of all your friends you have the biggest dick.

lamont
10-18-2016, 04:54 AM
As long as your wife doesn't tell you out of all your friends you have the biggest dick.

Or even worse- that you don't

starkvegasdawg
10-18-2016, 05:44 AM
Or even worse- that you don't

Ouch.

BrunswickDawg
10-18-2016, 07:20 AM
Just to put that in some context - MSU stats from CFBStats.com

Total offense -- 113th (MSU 74th)
Rushing offense -- 54th (48th)
Passing offense -- 115th (89th)
Scoring offense -- 97th (95th)

Total defense -- 97th (38th)
Rushing defense -- 87th (37th)
Passing defense -- 83rd (63rd)
Scoring defense -- 90th (65th)

Our offenses are pretty even, but their defense isn't even close to ours. I think this will be a 21-10 type win. Ugly, but a win.

MaxedOutMaroon
10-18-2016, 07:25 AM
What we learned in the BYU game is that we can move the ball. The scoring part is what's bad. We have to finish drives. Unnecessary mistakes and bad play calling has stalled us inside the 40. I will be at this game, so I'm hoping we can clean it up and get a W

blacklistedbully
10-18-2016, 11:20 AM
Just to put that in some context - MSU stats from CFBStats.com

Our offenses are pretty even, but their defense isn't even close to ours. I think this will be a 21-10 type win. Ugly, but a win.

They've played Bama and UF.

msstate7
10-18-2016, 11:22 AM
They've played Bama and UF.

We've played lsu and auburn

Scoring defense in sec...
1. Florida
2. Lsu
3. Bama
4. Auburn

blacklistedbully
10-18-2016, 11:28 AM
We've played lsu and auburn

Scoring defense in sec...
1. Florida
2. Lsu
3. Bama
4. Auburn

You seriously don't think Bama and UF are a tougher matchup than LSU (under Les Miles) and AU? How about scoring offense?

LSU and AU have scored a total of 365 points. Bama & UF have scored 500, and Bama has only played one additional game. Take away the Bama game vs Om and Bama is far and away the best scoring defense.

shoeless joe
10-18-2016, 11:32 AM
You seriously don't think Bama and UF are a tougher matchup than LSU (under Les Miles) and AU? How about scoring offense?

LSU and AU have scored a total of 365 points. Bama & UF have scored 500, and Bama has only played one additional game.

How many of those 500 points came agains UK?

Bothrops
10-18-2016, 11:40 AM
If we manage to win it I'll be a little surprised.

msstate7
10-18-2016, 11:43 AM

LSU and AU have scored a total of 365 points. Bama & UF have scored 500, and Bama has only played one additional game. Take away the Bama game vs Om and Bama is far and away the best scoring defense.

Bama is superior to all of them. Lsu and auburn would wipe the field with Florida

Really Clark?
10-18-2016, 11:45 AM
Kentucky's defense gave up 44 to USM and 42 to 2-4 New Mexico St. They are last in the conference and have played both So Car (they have not scored over 20 pts all season) and Vandy. Two of the worse offenses in the country.

LSU's offense sucked but they also played a very salty Wis defense that kept their output down

Really Clark?
10-18-2016, 11:48 AM
How many of those 500 points came agains UK?

79 (45 Florida, 34 Bama)

dawg27
10-18-2016, 12:00 PM
So but basically Kentucky is horrible and msu is a underdog man I thought after 8yrs we have finally got over this hump,

Homedawg
10-18-2016, 12:04 PM
So but basically Kentucky is horrible and msu is a underdog man I thought after 8yrs we have finally got over this hump,

Correction, we are favored. But still horrible.

RougeDawg
10-18-2016, 12:42 PM
Kentucky's defense gave up 44 to USM and 42 to 2-4 New Mexico St. They are last in the conference and have played both So Car (they have not scored over 20 pts all season) and Vandy. Two of the worse offenses in the country.

LSU's offense sucked but they also played a very salty Wis defense that kept their output down

But you are completely disregarding our HC/Playcaller who abandons what is working when he gets inside the 20. We better score on 20+ yard plays or we will be relying on loose leg Graves to try for some treys.

Jarius
10-18-2016, 12:52 PM
When we get on the goal line we need to go to the wishbone set like we did with Relf and put Williams, Shump, and Lee back there and pound the ball into the endzone. Go under center and run the ball. Or run the qb power. Or at least run a bunch of option stuff when we are down there.

BB30
10-18-2016, 12:58 PM
When we get on the goal line we need to go to the wishbone set like we did with Relf and put Williams, Shump, and Lee back there and pound the ball into the endzone. Go under center and run the ball. Or run the qb power. Or at least run a bunch of option stuff when we are down there.

Could possibly work against KY not a prayer against anyone else on our schedule with half of a pulse. I would say at least 75-80% of our issues on O is due to our offensive line and that may be generous.

GTHOM
10-18-2016, 01:07 PM
They've sold out commonwealth stadium for the game

preachermatt83
10-18-2016, 01:09 PM
Wow. They are atrocious. We should win easy.

msstate7
10-18-2016, 01:12 PM
Wow. They are atrocious. We should win easy.

We're pretty bad ourselves

Bothrops
10-18-2016, 01:19 PM

We would be two wins better right now if D Lee had been the feature back this year. That's right, 4-2.

shoeless joe
10-18-2016, 01:35 PM
We would be two wins better right now if D Lee had been the feature back this year. That's right, 4-2.

Any semblance of credibility now gone...

msstate7
10-18-2016, 01:36 PM
Delete

Jarius
10-18-2016, 02:39 PM
Could possibly work against KY not a prayer against anyone else on our schedule with half of a pulse. I would say at least 75-80% of our issues on O is due to our offensive line and that may be generous.

I think we can run some option stuff for 1-2 yards per carry on most people that aren't named Alabama. That's more efficient than Fitz having to make passing decisions in a confined space IMO.

Really Clark?
10-18-2016, 03:03 PM
I think we can run some option stuff for 1-2 yards per carry on most people that aren't named Alabama. That's more efficient than Fitz having to make passing decisions in a confined space IMO.

Sarcasm? How would that be more efficient?

Jarius
10-18-2016, 03:04 PM
Sarcasm? How would that be more efficient?

Well, I'm talking about goal line offense. 4x2=8. That = touchdowns on the goal line.

Commercecomet24
10-18-2016, 03:24 PM
We ran qb power against byu on goal line for our second td and the hole was huge. Also in 4th quarter on 4th and 1 the ol sealed the right side and had Nick not tripped over his own feet he had first down and more, so there's that.

basedog
10-18-2016, 03:41 PM
Since this a "what if, "shoulda coulda" post, IF Graves kick is good and IF we recovery the the strip ball from QB in OT we "could" be 4-2.

Yes we haven't played well overall, but the only game we got blown out was Auburn, it's the little things that can separate a win to a lose in football. Auburn/Lsu were by far the best teams we have played with BYU next, then the South Al loss was worse in Mullen's HC career.

I think we beat Kentucky, gonna have to find a way to score probably 4 or 5 TD's to win a shootout. I'm I confident not really, but I think we will be able to score and that will give us a slight edge imo.

Really Clark?
10-18-2016, 03:42 PM
Well, I'm talking about goal line offense. 4x2=8. That = touchdowns on the goal line.

Gotcha. Thought you meant all game

BrunswickDawg
10-18-2016, 03:48 PM
We ran qb power against byu on goal line for our second td and the hole was huge. Also in 4th quarter on 4th and 1 the ol sealed the right side and had Nick not tripped over his own feet he had first down and more, so there's that.
Fitz has actually lined up under center a lot over the last 3 games. Unfortunately, other than goal line, we have tended to do it with a single back set. I think this is where Dear and/or Mixon could become very valuable by motioning them across before the snap. It keeps the D honest by having to respect their ability to run and receive.

Bothrops
10-18-2016, 05:52 PM
Any semblance of credibility now gone...

How do you figure that?

Todd4State
10-18-2016, 05:58 PM

I don't know why more people don't go with the wishbone on the goal line. You have two TE's (traditionally), the two backs and the fullback and the quarterback all as potential ball carriers. It just seems to me like with the two backs among others there is more unpredictability as to where the ball is going to go. Or you could run some speed option to the outside and pitch it or have the QB keep it. And of course you can still run any running play that you want out of it. We're the only people that I can recall ever doing it in Dan's first year- and then we stopped doing it even though we had some success with it on the goal line. I'm not sure why we ditched it.

Todd4State
10-18-2016, 06:02 PM
They've sold out commonwealth stadium for the game

This is my biggest concern about this game. Kentucky is in contention to go to a bowl and they know that knocking us off will help them get there. Also, I'm pretty sure that they are aware of Dan's quote about how "We don't lose to Kentucky"- which I like by the way. I think they will come out with a lot of emotion, but it's certainly still a winnable game for us.

The other interesting thing to me is their defense is statistically very similar to Ole Miss.

FISHDAWG
10-18-2016, 06:02 PM
Total offense -- 113th
Rushing offense -- 54th
Passing offense -- 115th
Scoring offense -- 97th

Total defense -- 97th
Rushing defense -- 87th
Passing defense -- 83rd
Scoring defense -- 90th

I'm taking the under on this one

blacklistedbully
10-19-2016, 12:10 AM
Bama is superior to all of them. Lsu and auburn would wipe the field with Florida

I don't think the Les Miles lead LSU would have "wiped the field" with UF.

Activated Alpha
10-19-2016, 03:57 AM
Or their defense could have the night of their careers. We seem to be gracious enough to allow teams that...

Percho
10-19-2016, 10:48 AM

We would be two wins better if we could his a short field goal!

Bubb Rubb
10-19-2016, 11:20 AM
There is a lot of overreaction in this thread based on recent weeks. We handled South Carolina easily and Kentucky is a similar offensive team with a worse defense. We should also handle Kentucky if we give the same kind of effort we did against USCe. The only way we lose to Kentucky is if the team has decided to quit, which I acknowledge is a possibility.

Bubb Rubb
10-19-2016, 11:23 AM

Curious of what you've seen to make you think this. He only played a couple of snaps with Holloway inactive. There's a reason he's not seeing the field much. And even if he was, he'd still be running behind this offensive line.

Jarius
10-19-2016, 12:37 PM
There is a lot of overreaction in this thread based on recent weeks. We handled South Carolina easily and Kentucky is a similar offensive team with a worse defense. We should also handle Kentucky if we give the same kind of effort we did against USCe. The only way we lose to Kentucky is if the team has decided to quit, which I acknowledge is a possibility.

I've been told by a player that the team is in disarray and there is a lot of arguing between coaches going on.

It_Could_Happen
10-19-2016, 12:39 PM
Or tallest midget contest. Sad to say I'll be there in attendance. Hopefully the whiskey tours the two days before will mentally prepare me for the shit show.

Late on the thread, but make sure you make it to the Woodford tour. We did it when we were there two years ago, and it was incredible.

RougeDawg
10-19-2016, 03:23 PM
I've been told by a player that the team is in disarray and there is a lot of arguing between coaches going on.

Better watch out.** Liverpool and Really Clark will be here to tell you your sources are lying to you. No way a current coach or player could possibly know what's going on with the team or program!!! NO WAY!!**

Really Clark?
10-19-2016, 03:49 PM
Better watch out.** Liverpool and Really Clark will be here to tell you your sources are lying to you. No way a current coach or player could possibly know what's going on with the team or program!!! NO WAY!!**

Screw You Rouge. I don't dispute everything that's posted even by you. Even have said on more than one occasion that something you posted was partially correct. And I didn't say one word about his post and it's been up for over 3 hours. But when something gets brought out that is a lie or agenda misinformation, I will call that BS out.

RougeDawg
10-19-2016, 04:08 PM
Late on the thread, but make sure you make it to the Woodford tour. We did it when we were there two years ago, and it was incredible.

Thanks for the tip. We plan on hitting wofford tomorrow or Friday morning. Heading up in the morning. Staying in Frankfort tomorrow night. Just playing it on the fly this trip. Whatever happens happens and hopefully a nice trip. Going to be much cooler up there this weekend than anything we've seen all year.

bulldawg28
10-19-2016, 04:45 PM

Good. Maybe the right coach our coaches gets canned.