PDA

View Full Version : I hope the staff realizes that Dak is the only way to go at QB now.

MetEdDawg
08-31-2013, 06:23 PM
Tyler Cement Foot Russell can't do it anymore. This has to be the Dak show because it's what Mullen knows and it's what our personnel is. We have the possession WRs that can catch and block with Jameon sprinkled in, we have an athletic OL that is better on the move, and we have the QB that can run and throw. Time to bench Russell and go with Dak. The playcalling we want to do is better suited for Dak and Tyler just can't make the decisions and the adjustments fast enough to be effective.

Bucky Dog
08-31-2013, 06:30 PM
I completely agree. Dak gives us the best chance and is so much more versatile than Tyler. Mullen needs to grow a pair and tell Tyler I'm sorry but I'm going with the guy that gives me the best chance to win. I said today while watching that Mullen needs to take a page from Jim Harbaugh and what he did with Kaepernick.

KennyPowers2
08-31-2013, 07:17 PM
Russell throws up garbage when he is under pressure. His decision making is too slow and predictable.

EnterpriseDawg
08-31-2013, 07:26 PM
I've been a long supporter of Tyler, but after today its obvious that he just isn't a SEC QB. Dak did a lot better with quick decision making and getting the ball out of his hands. He just needs more reps to improve his accuracy. Its time to move on.

Dawgface
08-31-2013, 07:28 PM
Agree, but I wouldn't get my hopes up for a change. Mullen is stubborn.

Bully13
08-31-2013, 07:31 PM
whether it's dak or tyler, won't make a difference...we have no OL..therefore it will continue to look like last year which resembled a moose trying to 17 a washing machine

MetEdDawg
08-31-2013, 07:44 PM
He's not a QB that can play under a spread option coach. He could have done fine at Bama, LSU, UK, Vandy, Arkansas now under Beilema, and a few others that run a bit more traditional style offenses that only require 1 or 2 reads and are well timed offenses. But he can't do this 4 wide, move your feet, roll out type of game that Mullen wants to utilize.

The problem is two fold. Tyler is trying to do things he's not comfortable doing to fit himself into what Mullen wants to do, and Mullen is trying to fit Russell into what he's most comfortable doing. The problem is that in doing this, they both take away from the strength of the other. So in essence they both bring out the worst qualities in each other on the field, which is why our offense sputters and doesn't really have an identity.

KennyPowers2
08-31-2013, 08:30 PM
You nailed it man

maroonmania
08-31-2013, 08:39 PM
He's not a QB that can play under a spread option coach. He could have done fine at Bama, LSU, UK, Vandy, Arkansas now under Beilema, and a few others that run a bit more traditional style offenses that only require 1 or 2 reads and are well timed offenses. But he can't do this 4 wide, move your feet, roll out type of game that Mullen wants to utilize.

The problem is two fold. Tyler is trying to do things he's not comfortable doing to fit himself into what Mullen wants to do, and Mullen is trying to fit Russell into what he's most comfortable doing. The problem is that in doing this, they both take away from the strength of the other. So in essence they both bring out the worst qualities in each other on the field, which is why our offense sputters and doesn't really have an identity.

I don't care who he is coached by TR should know ON HIS OWN that when you are in the opposing team's end of the field you CAN NOT take a sack on a 4th and 15 play with under a minute in the half. THAT CAN NOT HAPPEN. Just sling it and if it gets picked off you are still likely way better off than taking a sack. TR is just very slow making decisions in the pocket.

Coach 57
08-31-2013, 08:44 PM
It ain't the OL dudes. What in the world makes you think it's the OL? Good grief did u count the guys in the box? They dared Tyler to throw the ball. They loaded the box and said I DARE you to throw the ball to your inexperienced WRs with a QB who gets rattled under pressure.

t45fixer
08-31-2013, 08:51 PM
Hey couch 57! We took a sack after the big kick off return. Osu only rushed 3 guys go back and look at it. It sucked OL sucked and DL sucked

tenureplan
08-31-2013, 08:54 PM
So how many points did Dak score?

t45fixer
08-31-2013, 08:56 PM
How many concrete feet score?

Coach34
08-31-2013, 08:59 PM
So how many points did Dak score?

Dak got us just as many FG attempts as Tyler did in alot fewer plays

RougeDawg
08-31-2013, 08:59 PM
Hey couch 57! We took a sack after the big kick off return. Osu only rushed 3 guys go back and look at it. It sucked OL sucked and DL sucked

The wide ass open 10-15 yards of green and taken it down and run, after the lineman blocked the 3 guys behind Russell. He had 2 wide ass open running lanes, but chose to sit in the pocket, waiting on the perfect pass, and decided to run once the DL had a hand on him. Dak takes off and picks up at least 10 yards there. Plain and simple.

MetEdDawg
08-31-2013, 09:00 PM
Mullen is trying to fit a square peg into a round hole. If he were in a traditional offense with a better OL, he could do what he does best, which is take his time reading a defense, then throw a strike to a WR after 3 or 4 seconds. He's not a QB that can make quick decisions and adjust away from what he's practiced. He's below average at reading defenses which is why he needs time. That doesn't work in our offense and it's why Mullen has to make the change.

I'm not sure how bad the concussion is for Russell, but now Dak has to seize the opportunity because Tyler finally gave Mullen reason to seriously question keeping him as the starter. You could attribute last year to first time in big moments, still not fully developed as a QB, playing some of the top caliber teams in the country, but tonight we played the 117th passing defense from last year and scored 3 total points. He would have been criticized for benching Tyler, who had arguably the best season any QB ever had for us, and it would have been used against him on the recruiting trail with other QBs. But now he has the chance to do this and not take heat. Tyler has a concussion, he played poorly against a bad defense, and we have a viable replacement that fits his style better.