PDA

View Full Version : Question about pre-snap

Beaver
10-17-2016, 02:54 PM
Never played actual football, so I'm not a huge X's and O's guy..

Dak said on Cowherd today he had lots of freedom to call plays at the line, but did Dak also adjust his protections? I know Fitz isn't really doing anything at the line -- and I question sometimes whether he tries to read the defense, but how much of a difference does that actually make play-to-play? Also, are any of our lineman trying to adjust themselves pre-snap? I've read where the Atlanta Falcon's offense has improved significantly this year because they have a center (Alex Mack) who can call out protections before the snap.

Also, it seems like Fitz snap count is very predictable but maybe that's just me.

mstatefan91
10-17-2016, 02:58 PM
I have noticed that Fitz does less barking at the line as compared to Dak as well.

That would seem to me that he either has not been given that freedom or that he isn't comfortable making changes.

Gutter Cobreh
10-17-2016, 03:17 PM
I have noticed that Fitz does less barking at the line as compared to Dak as well.

That would seem to me that he either has not been given that freedom or that he isn't comfortable making changes.

Based on what has been posted here on his experience prior to this year, I would say it would be the latter. I would think the coaches would give him the freedom if he were able to read it, but my guess is that he can't quite see it yet.

Gutter Cobreh
10-17-2016, 03:19 PM
Based on what has been posted here on his experience prior to this year, I would say it would be the latter. I would think the coaches would give him the freedom if he were able to read it, but my guess is that he can't quite see it yet.

I will also add that Fitz can't read pre-snap if Rankin is actually going to move when the ball is snapped.... doubt Prescott could see that coming either, so it is about whether the lineman actually do what they are out there to do....

GTHOM
10-17-2016, 06:04 PM
Not a lot of college QBs do hardly any of what you see in the NFL. Chad Kelly for instance is a one read passer, if its not there he hands it to his RB or runs it himself. Their entire offense is RPOs. I can promise you Fitz is not doing anything at the line, Mullen wont allow him too and thats for good reason. O linemen have calls and shifts for every play depending on the look they get, but it doesnt matter if you know its coming if you just arent good enough to stop it. Thats where our o line is

RocketDawg
10-17-2016, 06:23 PM
Not a lot of college QBs do hardly any of what you see in the NFL. Chad Kelly for instance is a one read passer, if its not there he hands it to his RB or runs it himself. Their entire offense is RPOs. I can promise you Fitz is not doing anything at the line, Mullen wont allow him too and thats for good reason. O linemen have calls and shifts for every play depending on the look they get, but it doesnt matter if you know its coming if you just arent good enough to stop it. Thats where our o line is

Did Dak do that? Maybe some in his senior year, but nothing like he's doing at Dallas.

I seen it dawg
10-17-2016, 08:43 PM
One player works his ass off and one isn't. Not hard to,figure out.

WinningIsRelentless
10-17-2016, 09:05 PM

Your right he doesn't trust him. Go put the video in of south Alabama and lsu and you will see Damien making all types of checks at the line. He is still young so maybe if he puts in the work he will get it

Coursesuper
10-17-2016, 09:20 PM

The UNM spread is a half the field read. No requirement to see the entire field the offensive design is get the ball out quickly. Their RPO is read the fun first if not there look at the pass if not there take off. That's simplified but you get the gist.