PDA

View Full Version : 3rd downs and running the football. STATS

Will James
08-31-2013, 06:21 PM
Posted this on TOB last season and linked it here in a thread a month ago.

2010 170 Rush ypg
2012 56 rush ypg

2010 31-68 3rd down conversions 46%
2012 10-46 3rd down conversions 22%

These are numbers from our LOSSES in 2010 and 2012. Same record, but the HOW we lost is the key. We have been proven inept against teams with pulses these last number of games and today has continued that trend.

From today.

3rd down conversions.
MSU - 2-16. TWO for SIXTEEN! Absolute shit!
OKS - 8-14. Solid

Rushing
MSU- 37 carries. 111 yds. 3.0 YPC. Garbage
OKS - 40 carries. 286 yds. 7.2 YPC.

No heart in our team, which stems from the coach and staff. Horrible all around today. A complete embarrassment. That seems to be Mullen's M.O. nowadays tho: embarrassing the fan base. Bama, TAMU, TSUN, NW, and now OKST. All complete embarrassments.

MarketingBully01
08-31-2013, 06:30 PM
I disagree to a point. I think we had a great game plan on defense and our defense is tons better then last year. I think we got caught up with not taking what the defense gave us. Passing was there all game and yet we went to the run. Case in point two of our three and outs we passed and got nine yards on first down. Then we tried to run it up the middle. They were daring us to pass it and if we had a gameplan that would have been pass to set up the run we would have won this game easily. The play calling on offense was terrible and if we end up going 5-7 I would fire Keoning and promote Gonzales. We tried to hard to run it when if you pass on that team you win. Our defense was awesome against them.

Will James
08-31-2013, 07:04 PM
We averaged 2 third down conversions in our 5 losses last year. We got 2 again today. It's TR. It's Les. It's Mullen. It's the offense.

Mullen has to take over and Dak has to start. This project is over.