PDA

View Full Version : LA Tech beat UMass 56 - 28 this weekend.

Tbonewannabe
10-17-2016, 09:09 AM
From Yahoo:

Louisiana Tech WR Carlos Henderson: Have yourself a day, Carlos. The wide receiver had 12 catches for 326 yards and five touchdowns in the Bulldogs? 56-28 win over UMass. Henderson?s touchdown catches were from 50, 42, 5, 83, and 6 yards out.

His yardage is the second-most in school history in a single game while quarterback Ryan Higgins threw for 484 yards and completed 26 of 33 passes.

We only have shitty wins and bad losses on our schedule. If we get to 4 wins it will be because the other teams sucked harder.

msstate7
10-17-2016, 09:26 AM
Florida beat umass by 14. We beat umass by 12. Florida is 2 points better than us. Florida beat Kentucky 45-7. Florida is 38 points better than Kentucky and since Florida is 2 points better than us... we beat Kentucky by 36. Is that how all this works?

DownwardDawg
10-17-2016, 09:27 AM
I still don't think a lot of our fans realize just how bad we are.

SDDawg
10-17-2016, 09:32 AM
Guys - we are bad. Maybe a 5 win team if we do some miracle work. Not a bowl team. Make your holiday plans now, no reason to wait. Enjoy a break from shitty bowl season.

HoopsDawg
10-17-2016, 09:35 AM
South Alabama lost to Arkansas State 17-7. Yes, we are really bad.

HoopsDawg
10-17-2016, 09:35 AM
Guys - we are bad. Maybe a 5 win team if we do some miracle work. Not a bowl team. Make your holiday plans now, no reason to wait. Enjoy a break from shitty bowl season.

I would be thrilled with 5 wins right now. I see 4 at best.

Tbonewannabe
10-17-2016, 09:36 AM
Florida beat umass by 14. We beat umass by 12. Florida is 2 points better than us. Florida beat Kentucky 45-7. Florida is 38 points better than Kentucky and since Florida is 2 points better than us... we beat Kentucky by 36. Is that how all this works?

I think it is more like we beat USCe and UMass by an ok amount. They have also had the shit kicked out of them by multiple teams. We have lost to South Alabama who is below average in the Sunbelt. We are now worse than 2009.

I am all for Dan coming back next year if he cans Hevesy, Sallach, and maybe Knox. I am not ok with giving Dan next year with 0 changes on the offensive side of the ball. At least we saw the effort Friday night.

Really Clark?
10-17-2016, 09:41 AM
I think it is more like we beat USCe and UMass by an ok amount. They have also had the shit kicked out of them by multiple teams. We have lost to South Alabama who is below average in the Sunbelt. We are now worse than 2009.

I am all for Dan coming back next year if he cans Hevesy, Sallach, and maybe Knox. I am not ok with giving Dan next year with 0 changes on the offensive side of the ball. At least we saw the effort Friday night.

What team has kicked the crap out of So Car? Their worse losses were to A & M by 11, us by 13 and GA by 14

Bama_Dawg
10-17-2016, 09:41 AM

My brain hurts, but I think the tree fell in the woods and the bear sh!t there too...or something like that. Maybe it was the woodchuck.

mic
10-17-2016, 09:43 AM
Guys we get it.. Everyone knows what kind of team we have 4 to 5 win max team... But there is no excuse we shouldn't have wn 6 before the year started.

We beat USCe who beat Vandy who beat UGA who beat UNC who beat FSU who beat Umiss..

So we beat Umiss..

GreenheadDawg
10-17-2016, 09:43 AM
I still don't think a lot of our fans realize just how bad we are.

They are gonna fight it until the bitter end. We are reaching nafoom delusion levels about the talent of our team

Taog Redloh
10-17-2016, 10:21 AM
No one is delusional, or trying to spin. South Alabama proved that we are bad. Anybody who watched that game knows the truth. Call it youth, call it talent, whatever. Anyways, what most people want to see is improvement.

My thoughts: Our upperclass suffered from attrition and a lack of talent in general. We have a pretty talented underclass. The junior class is nearly non-existent, and all the JUCOs were are crootin right now SHOULD have been signed last year and infused into the 2016 team, to fill those holes. As it stands, the ones we have signed now are just adding to an already big sophomore class that doesn't need much help.

These are the reasons I don't defend Mullen. He totally dropped the ball in recrootin.

DownwardDawg
10-17-2016, 10:52 AM
Guys we get it.. Everyone knows what kind of team we have 4 to 5 win max team... But there is no excuse we shouldn't have wn 6 before the year started.

We beat USCe who beat Vandy who beat UGA who beat UNC who beat FSU who beat Umiss..

So we beat Umiss..

That was awesome.

NCDawg
10-17-2016, 11:55 AM
I would be thrilled with 5 wins right now. I see 4 at best.

"Thrilled with 5 wins" and we are paying a coach 5M per year. I would say that's not exactly a good ROI.

Really Clark?
10-17-2016, 12:02 PM
"Thrilled with 5 wins" and we are paying a coach 5M per year. I would say that's not exactly a good ROI.

We have gone from an athletic budget of around $32 MIL when he got here to about $90 MIL this year (rumored). The SEC money aside, we were also able to add to facilities and a stadium expansion. Our ROI with him has been substantial and kept us the black. We have made an incredible investment with him.

Bothrops
10-17-2016, 12:07 PM
Nothing unexpected with that score, Old Dominion beat UMASS by 3 touchdowns last week.

Oh yeah, we travel to Ruston next year, and could easily lose.

RocketDawg
10-17-2016, 01:36 PM
Nothing unexpected with that score, Old Dominion beat UMASS by 3 touchdowns last week.

Oh yeah, we travel to Ruston next year, and could easily lose.

I'll betcha UMass played with a lot more intensity for us than they did Old Dominion or La Tech. They wanted to beat an SEC power. Same when they played Florida. And I think they have one more shot at it this year.

SDDawg
10-17-2016, 01:55 PM

Thrilled to win 3 more on this schedule is probably the better way to think about it. It's not great but it's the best that we can possibly hope for right now, barring Jesus suiting up in maroon.