PDA

View Full Version : Scoreless in SEC?

doggone
08-31-2013, 06:20 PM
How many SEC games will we be held without a touchdown? I'm worried. If we couldn't get even ONE today, I don't feel optimistic about competing in the west this year. Not winning, I'm talking about competing.

Bothrops
08-31-2013, 06:43 PM
Winless in the SEC. I think we lose one, if not both to Troy and Bowling Green, also.

MarketingBully01
08-31-2013, 06:48 PM
Wow, you guys are going a tad overboard with this chicken little attitude. This OSU team will go undefeated with that schedule. They are at least a Georgia/LSU level as far as them picked to win the Big 12. Get over yourselves.

Coach34
08-31-2013, 06:51 PM
We will be 6-6....if not, Mullen needs to go elsewhere

We have enough talent be 6-6. Our defense looked damn good today

CowtownDawg
08-31-2013, 06:53 PM
Wow, you guys are going a tad overboard with this chicken little attitude. This OSU team will go undefeated with that schedule. They are at least a Georgia/LSU level as far as them picked to win the Big 12. Get over yourselves.

No they are not a UGA/LSU level team. They are #6 to #8 in the SEC this year. Average D and an offense that has potential, but can easily be stopped. We held them to 21 with a defense that was on the field about 70% of the second half. This OSU team is no where near a top of the SEC type team.

Bothrops
08-31-2013, 06:56 PM
Our defense is much much better. But it's hard to win if you can't score.

KennyPowers2
08-31-2013, 07:31 PM

I agree with this. I also think playing in Houston in a half full stadium was a bad idea. There was no energy for us To feed off of. Or it could have just been that the offense depressed me so much that the whole atmosphere felt very meh.

MarketingBully01
08-31-2013, 07:36 PM
They will be undefeated after the season and finish in the top five if not the top three. I think that is better then average in the SEC. Maybe our defense is really good and that is why we held them to 21. Ever think of that? Also, if we don't have stupid penalties in the redzone we score 14 points and it is a 21-14 game...

Rick Danko
08-31-2013, 07:43 PM

Fact.

Truth is, Mullen did himself no favors today. Shit the bed to end last season, I can live with that. Send the defensive coordinator on his way. Good. OC gets to stay? Head scratcher but anyone with a brain assumes this must mean mullen taking over play calling. Now I'm not one to say who is or isn't calling plays but whomever it was today needs to go.... Even if that answer is our HC

doggone
08-31-2013, 08:11 PM
This was not a good defense. Didn't they average giving up four touchdowns last year? SEC defenses will be much stiffer, with maybe Kentucky being an exception. The coaches need to do something now. It is sickening to see how we have been left behind by everyone in the SEC West, including our rival.