PDA

View Full Version : Wazzou vs Aubie

WeWonItAll(Most)
08-31-2013, 06:13 PM
I've watched WSU run one drive and I already wish we had Leach. I've always liked watching Leach coached teams play though so I might be a little biased.

Regardless though, how do Leach offenses have open wide recievers every play, but our pass offenses is such a struggle? Washington State doesn't have near the talent Auburn has and his TTech teams never had near the talent Texas or Oklahoma did yet he always put out good, competitive teams.

msstate7
08-31-2013, 06:19 PM
Watching wku and Kentucky. Give me petrino over leach

WeWonItAll(Most)
08-31-2013, 06:25 PM
Watching wku and Kentucky. Give me petrino over leach
I'd take him in a heartbeat too. They both get results that are way above the talent level of their teams.

I know those two are generally considered offensive masterminds, but I still get extremely jealous watching the consistency in their offense then watching our offense stumble all over the field.

msstate7
08-31-2013, 06:30 PM
I'd take him in a heartbeat too. They both get results that are way above the talent level of their teams.

I know those two are generally considered offensive masterminds, but I still get extremely jealous watching the consistency in their offense then watching our offense stumble all over the field.

If petrino ran our offense today, we'd have blow them out. Bobby is a great offensive mind

WeWonItAll(Most)
08-31-2013, 06:56 PM
If petrino ran our offense today, we'd have blow them out. Bobby is a great offensive mind
100% agree.

MarketingBully01
08-31-2013, 07:58 PM
Our guys were wide open. It's hard to catch a ball if it's not even thrown and we try to run against a stacked line. We would have won the game period had we thrown the ball to setup the run instead of running for the sake of running it. We would have scored two touchdowns had A) we don't get a false start call and B) Morrow doesn't get that holding call. Penalties (we had 10) and stupid play calling lost us this game.

WeWonItAll(Most)
08-31-2013, 08:23 PM
Our guys were wide open. It's hard to catch a ball if it's not even thrown and we try to run against a stacked line. We would have won the game period had we thrown the ball to setup the run instead of running for the sake of running it. We would have scored two touchdowns had A) we don't get a false start call and B) Morrow doesn't get that holding call. Penalties (we had 10) and stupid play calling lost us this game.

Then why don't we hit them? If we have wide open receivers and don't throw to them then someone is an absolute dumbass. Be it Mullen or Russell.

What you're saying is just going along with what I'm saying though. Good offensive coaches either adapt to fit what the team's strength is (like Petrino) or play and recruit the players that fit their program (like Leach). Mullen has neither adapted to his team's strength with Russell at QB and run a pro system or had the balls to play a player that might not be as talented but fits his system better.

Other things:
1) We never ever make adjustments during the game. Not drive to drive, and not even during halftime. The entire time Russell has been QB we have tried to stick a square peg in a round hole, both with personnel and with play calling and adjustments during the game.

2) We never take shots down field against one on one coverage. There is only one time I can think of during the game today that we took a shot against one on one coverage, and it was in the 4th quarter with Prescott when we were down 21-3. Our offense completely relies on getting 3-4 yards a play and if we don't get that 3-4 yards on both first and second down, the drive is over. And even when we get 3-4 yards on 1st and 2nd down, we try to get too cute on 3rd and 2 and screw ourselves in the ass. It makes me want to throw my remote through the tv.

3) Anytime the momentum is starting to swing to the other team, I can guaren-damn-tee you that we will not do what needs to be done to stop them from getting the momentum. Whether its getting a first down or two on offense, converting a 3rd and 3, or holding the other team on a 3rd and 6; its guaranteed we won't get the job done.

MarketingBully01
08-31-2013, 08:35 PM
I agree with you. When you can get nine yards on first down passing the ball. Why go away from passing it. We had that all day today and if we had done an out and up with Wilson we could have gotten a quick easy score. I never understood going away from what was working. Passing the ball would have won us this game period. What sucks is because of bad play calling our fans are thinking that we suck when in reality a couple of adjustments here and there we should finish 7-5. Our young skill players are big fast and will get separation. We just have to call a passing package like Mullen did with Utah/Alex Smith and Florida/Chris Leak. Running Perkins up the middle isn't going to work on anyone. If we want to run it up the middle, put Griffin or Shumpert in there in more of the big back set. But if the defense is stacking the line PASS the damn ball! We should have shredded that secondary. We will still be 3-1 when we play LSU if our coaches get their head out of their ass and do a better job on offensive play calling.

WeWonItAll(Most)
08-31-2013, 08:50 PM
I agree with you. When you can get nine yards on first down passing the ball. Why go away from passing it. We had that all day today and if we had done an out and up with Wilson we could have gotten a quick easy score. I never understood going away from what was working. Passing the ball would have won us this game period. What sucks is because of bad play calling our fans are thinking that we suck when in reality a couple of adjustments here and there we should finish 7-5. Our young skill players are big fast and will get separation. We just have to call a passing package like Mullen did with Utah/Alex Smith and Florida/Chris Leak. Running Perkins up the middle isn't going to work on anyone. If we want to run it up the middle, put Griffin or Shumpert in there in more of the big back set. But if the defense is stacking the line PASS the damn ball! We should have shredded that secondary. We will still be 3-1 when we play LSU if our coaches get their head out of their ass and do a better job on offensive play calling.

I think we have plenty of talent on our team, more than enough to beat OK State. Our defense kicked ass today, I was very impressed with it outside of Autry's d abilities on the read option.I also think we could run a very effective offense with TR at QB, but that would involve running a more pro style offense and probably making Robinson or someone the starting RB. I also think we could run a very effective offense with Prescott at QB because that is the offense Mullen wants and knows how to run. It would also probably utilize Perkins more to his skill set.

At the end of they day Mullen would have to choose to either tell Russell or Perkins that they don't fit the offense he wants to run as well as another player does, but he hasn't done that.

Square peg, round hole.