PDA

View Full Version : Pro-Dan vs. No-Dan ?

Goldendawg
10-16-2016, 06:59 PM
Are the Pro-Dan or No More Dan feelings on this board or in our entire fan base consistent or split across generations or different age groups of true Bulldog fans? I often try to figure out the ages of the posters on Elitedawgs when reading the constant posts on this subject and the current state of our program. I am a '55 model and my first game at State was in 1963 (Paul Davis. HC?). I observed and lived and died MSU dog years being led by Tyler, Shira, Bellard, Rockey, Jackie, Croome, and now Dan. I became an older Dawg who said if we could ever win 7 to 8 games a year, win our share with UM, be competitive with LSU/Bama and the "Big Boys", compete for the West and a SEC title every once in a while, and consistently go to bowl games I would be happy. Dan through most of his time here changed all that! He raised the bar and that formula was no longer what I wanted and expected anymore. When others were stating b4 this season that it was going to be bad, I posted we would never be "poor old State" again because we had built a program, had talented players, depth, a great fan base, and good coaches. This year to date has shown me to be very wrong. I too, hated the constant job searches, yearly turnover of "D' coaches and DC's, and bad OL play, questionable recruiting the last couple of years, and IMHO not being ready for bama and espectially UNM in two years. The end of 2015 and especially 2014 ( not building on it), left a bad taste in my mouth. Even 9 wins felt weak with no win over UNM or another signature Win over a strong West foe. My expectations really have changed. Is it even harder for younger Dawg who maybe only know the Croome and Dan years? I want to see a mean, focused Dan back if he stays and needed program changes made. I don't want to see a repeat of the last Jackie (whom I loved until the wheels fell off) years. I love my school and respect all MSU fans. It's not easy being one of us but I wouldn't be anything else. Your opinions appreciated. Hail State!

Apoplectic
10-16-2016, 07:23 PM
TL;DR

RocketDawg
10-16-2016, 07:26 PM
It's going to be interesting to see how attendance is affected by our "down" year. So far, basically all seats have been occupied ... guessing about 60,000 average. Not sure what to expect for the Samford game ... probably not near the average except for the fact that it's homecoming. I expect to be nearly full for A&M and Arkansas. If there are lots of empty seats then it means the fans are losing faith.