PDA

View Full Version : Alright everyone. Give up if u want

gravedigger
08-31-2013, 06:10 PM
I see some good things. Namely that our defense is strong and dak ith the right gameplan will be effective.

Play calling was awful. We couldn't pass b/c we were so predictable when we were going to do it.

This is not the same team that ended last season.

Gordon Gekko
08-31-2013, 06:12 PM
I've been a State fan for way too long. They are going to have to prove it to me.

breazy
08-31-2013, 06:13 PM
this is the exact same team as the bowl team......except we couldn't buy a td. Defense played well....Offence was completely abysmal

QuadrupleOption
08-31-2013, 06:13 PM
Play calling was awful. We couldn't pass b/c we were so predictable when we were going to do it.

And what makes you think the damn play calling is going to get any better? Did it ever improve last season?

maroonmania
08-31-2013, 06:15 PM
I see some good things. Namely that our defense is strong and dak ith the right gameplan will be effective.

This is not the same team that ended last season.

The playcalling is what it is. Mullen and Koennig have been running the offense for 5 years now and have a 5th year QB so nothing is going to change there. I was actually more pissed about the penalties and other screwups in the first half when we did have chances to score. At halftime I pretty much could see we were done. When a team as good as OSU can play like complete dogshit for a half and still have the lead on us then you know its over.

Itsbeenworse
08-31-2013, 06:19 PM
Offense played so bad today it's time to fire the defensive coaches.

Dawgface
08-31-2013, 06:22 PM
And what makes you think the damn play calling is going to get any better? Did it ever improve last season?

It won't. It will be the same old crap on offense all year long. We will be damn lucky to win 4 games.

gravedigger
08-31-2013, 08:54 PM
Someone gets it. Thank you sir.

gravedigger
08-31-2013, 08:55 PM
So their dogs hit play had nothing to do with our offense?

MetEdDawg
08-31-2013, 09:09 PM
Dak did fine tonight except for a few times I wished he had run it instead of trying to throw it. The only time the Dak playcalling sucked was when he came in for Tyler in the middle of drives in obvoius Dak running situations. But the offensive playcalling has to change for Dak because we can do more with him than Russell. People think our overall playcalling sucks and for TYLER RUSSELL it does. He can't do much except throw it and hand it off, and he doesn't really throw it that accurate. That kind of limits what you can do offensively.

With Dak, the playcalling inherently changes because the spread option comes back into play. We can set up things under Dak that we can't set up for Tyler, so the playcalling has to change. Mullen and Company know how to use Dak. But they don't know how to use Tyler Russell because he's a one dimensional QB playing in a system coached by a guy that utilizes two dimensional QBs.

DapperDawg
08-31-2013, 09:27 PM
I have no faith in our coaches' QB coaching ability. Russell hasn't improved any since his RS freshman year. If anything, he looks worse. Mullen is not the offensive/ QB guru, once thought to be.

gravedigger
08-31-2013, 09:29 PM
Thank you. Exactly.

gravedigger
08-31-2013, 09:30 PM
I have no faith in our coaches' QB coaching ability. Russell hasn't improved any since his RS freshman year. If anything, he looks worse. Mullen is not the offensive/ QB guru, once thought to be.

Then u haven't been paying attention.

U are aware msu existed before sherrill, no?

MetEdDawg
08-31-2013, 09:39 PM
Mullen is not a QB guru, he's much more specialized than that. He's a mobile, spread option QB guru. It's not a coincidence that Relf turned from dud to stud under Mullen. It's also not a coincidence that Russell maxed out last year and hasn't gotten better. Dan can't work with non mobile QB's and he doesn't have the experience or background that says otherwise. But with Alex Smith, who had over 1,000 rushing yards in his Utah career and Tebow, who we all know what he did, Mullen does have a track record.

We got all that we could out of Chris Relf, which was a 9 win season and our most impressive bowl win ever. We probably would have gotten more had he not been as injured in 2011. We got all that we could out of a 5' 10'' Tyson Lee behind that awful OL under Mullen. We got a decent amount out of Tyler, but he can't reach his full potential under Mullen because he doesn't have the experience there. Mullen is a niche guy, and his niche is spread option mobile QBs. That's what we brought him here to run, but right now in Russell he doesn't have his guy that he is comfortable coaching. That's why Dak is clearly the choice from here on out. We physically can't win 6 games with Russell at QB now. Dak is the ONLY chance we have to win 6, and that's because Dak brings out the best qualities of what Mullen brings to the table, while Tyler forces Dan to leave those qualities behind on game day.