PDA

View Full Version : Is Mullen feeling the heat?

starkvegasdawg
10-15-2016, 07:42 PM
Just read his post game presser lasted only three minutes. When asked about player performances he only read stats...twice. Said coaches didn't have them prepared and said he'd never seen one official call 4 personal fouls. That was about it.

Goldendawg
10-15-2016, 07:44 PM
He's more disgusted about his house of cards falling apart and what it means to himself than the future of MSU. Watch the video NEM360. His body language and vocal tone are even worse.

jbjones
10-15-2016, 07:48 PM
I think he is. That interview to start the game...he tried to look "mean" if that makes sense. Was short with his words, etc. I really think he knows.

Dawgology
10-15-2016, 07:49 PM
He's more disgusted about his house of cards falling apart and what it means to himself than the future of MSU. Watch the video NEM360. His body language and vocal tone are even worse.

We are just poor old MSU and if we let Mullen go we could potentially do worse. And we don't have $187 million like other schools.***

Goldendawg
10-15-2016, 07:50 PM
His desire to have our finesse team change to physical turned into nothing but a personal foul mess.

msstate7
10-15-2016, 07:56 PM
His desire to have our finesse team change to physical turned into nothing but a personal foul mess.

2 of those roughing the passers were complete garbage, but I'm not surprised you pinned them on Mullen. Yeah, he taught em that

Homedawg
10-15-2016, 08:01 PM
We are just poor old MSU and if we let Mullen go we could potentially do worse. And we don't have $187 million like other schools.***

Well if you want to pony up the 10 million to buy his ass out w one smooth check, I'm sure things might change......

Dawgology
10-15-2016, 08:05 PM
Well if you want to pony up the 10 million to buy his ass out w one smooth check, I'm sure things might change......

I would certainly donate to the cause if need be. 10 million will be a drop in the bucket to the amount of money that will be lost next year if things don't turn around drastically.

Todd4State
10-15-2016, 08:05 PM

Clown post. I doubt that we would ask one of our major boosters to pay 10 million. We would use the Seal money anyway.

ShotgunDawg
10-15-2016, 08:07 PM
Just read his post game presser lasted only three minutes. When asked about player performances he only read stats...twice. Said coaches didn't have them prepared and said he'd never seen one official call 4 personal fouls. That was about it.

Bro, It was 1:30 CT and he was coming off an emotional defeat. Your probably reading a little much into his post game interview. Just saying

msstate7
10-15-2016, 08:11 PM
Clown post. I doubt that we would ask one of our major boosters to pay 10 million. We would use the Seal money anyway.

It's a very valid point imo. Even if we do have some secret fund, I'm not sure it would be a wise decision to use it firing Mullen after 1 bad season esp considering the jobs about to be open

Dawgology
10-15-2016, 08:24 PM
I guess what pisses me off the most about Mullen is that it wasn't us (the fans and donors) that checked out on him it was Mullen that dropped us. He and his staff has enjoyed more support than probably any football coach at MSU...ever. It still wasn't enough and since 2015 he hasn't really been interested in giving this job (or us) his all. I guess I just expect a little more for 4 million a year.

Homedawg
10-15-2016, 08:30 PM

Clown post huh. We owe Mullen 10 mil. How do you think he gets it? It's from boosters. Foundation money. You don't want to argue w me on this. You are lost. But if you wish to carry on go ahead. It's typical for you to speak of which you know nothing about. I'll eagerly await your response. THis should be good....

MarketingBully
10-15-2016, 08:30 PM
The bottom line is this. We have a severe deficiency in the offensive line that we didn't do a good job at all in recruiting. Ole Miss has been able to cherry pick the best offensive linemen in the state and we even allowed Alabama to come in and get the best offensive lineman we have seen in this state in the last five years in Scott Lashley. Mullen is a great offensive and X and O's coach but his inability to recruit will be his downfall in the Saban led SEC. Saban has changed the SEC for the worst except for the teams he coaches. His 24/7 365 job approach has changed the SEC football landscape and made it shit except for the teams he coaches. The NCAA has done a shitty job as well to create rules against him in the name of fairness like the did with the Bear. The NCAA is worthless and sucks. Although I do think they hammer Ole Miss just because of the perception. I don't think Freeze will be working in college football for a long long time but Ole Miss did what they did because of Saban and his dominance in recruiting.

Homedawg
10-15-2016, 08:35 PM
I would certainly donate to the cause if need be. 10 million will be a drop in the bucket to the amount of money that will be lost next year if things don't turn around drastically.

Fair enough. That's admirable. And I'm sure the guys putting up the money will appreciate your help.

BayouDawg
10-15-2016, 08:46 PM
Why did Dan try to go from a physical spread running team to a finesse team? That's what I can't figure out. We have the athletes in our backyard to run a physical run spread. Not so much a finesse air raid.

Goldendawg
10-15-2016, 08:48 PM
Is Lashley even getting to play for Bama, on an FG or xpoint team? I think Saben just didn't want us to have him, knowing he already had better players.

msstate7
10-15-2016, 08:52 PM
Is Lashley even getting to play for Bama, on an FG or xpoint team? I think Saben just didn't want us to have him, knowing he already had better players.

Don't know for sure, but guessing he's a RS

MarketingBully
10-15-2016, 08:59 PM

Correct, my prediction is Lashley, Knott, and Davis all get processed.

ScoobaDawg
10-15-2016, 09:01 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9n_N-GCd3k

BayouDawg
10-15-2016, 09:01 PM
Correct, my prediction is Lashley, Knott, and Davis all get processed.

They'll help buddy Stevens win another natty soon.

Todd4State
10-15-2016, 09:16 PM
Clown post huh. We owe Mullen 10 mil. How do you think he gets it? It's from boosters. Foundation money. You don't want to argue w me on this. You are lost. But if you wish to carry on go ahead. It's typical for you to speak of which you know nothing about. I'll eagerly await your response. THis should be good....

The Seal money that he willed MSU is for the hiring/firing/retention of head football coaches. Period. I'm sure you think you know more than not just me but everyone else in the world. I'm surprised you don't know that as that is common knowledge and not even top secret classified information which is why your post was a clown post. So, feel free to make a complete ass out of yourself as I'm sure most of the people on the board will back me up on this.

Maroonthirteen
10-15-2016, 09:17 PM
Hahaha. I can laugh now. But.....he was pissed. Anyone that can watch that and say he doesn't care....he was mad as hell.

Taog Redloh
10-15-2016, 09:17 PM

Why are you arguing with one of the biggest douches in our fanbase?

Todd4State
10-15-2016, 09:23 PM
Why are you arguing with one of the biggest douches in our fanbase?

Why haven't you been banned again? Oh and Harrison Bragg is already emerging as our third baseman. Good call on that Peter Gammons.

And speaking of douches- how about you accusing me of "bashing MSU baseball players on Twitter" with ZERO evidence.

RougeDawg
10-15-2016, 09:27 PM
He's not feeling the heat. He's pissed off that Keenum kicked Strick aside and called his bluff. Said keep looking around, while not recruiting and get rid of Hev and we will see who wants you. Because we aren't gonna extend not give a raise until something changes. Mullen has pouted ever since and we are seeing the results on the field.

I literally laugh out loud every time I see a post defending anything Mullen does. You have to be completely void of common 80+ IQ thought processes to think we should keep Mullen.

Hey Mullen backers, I have a few dozen bridges for sale, pm me.

Homedawg
10-15-2016, 09:31 PM
The Seal money that he willed MSU is for the hiring/firing/retention of head football coaches. Period. I'm sure you think you know more than not just me but everyone else in the world. I'm surprised you don't know that as that is common knowledge and not even top secret classified information which is why your post was a clown post. So, feel free to make a complete ass out of yourself as I'm sure most of the people on the board will back me up on this.
Nope don't know more than everyone just you on this matter. As for the seal money, you might need to get a better grasp on what you speak of.

Todd4State
10-15-2016, 09:32 PM
Nope don't know more than everyone just you on this matter. As for the seal money, you might need to get a better grasp on what you speak of.

Alright, then share what you know. I would like to hear it.

Homedawg
10-15-2016, 09:34 PM
Alright, then share what you know. I would like to hear it.
All I've got is clown talk bro. Carry on.

Todd4State
10-15-2016, 09:39 PM
All I've got is clown talk bro. Carry on.

You don't know shit. That's what I figured.

Noxdog
10-15-2016, 09:44 PM

He knows about as much as you do, if not more, especially about baseball and finances.

Todd4State
10-15-2016, 09:58 PM
He knows about as much as you do, if not more, especially about baseball and finances.

Maybe so. Doesn't really matter to me one way or the other.

He probably has as much insider information as sevendust.

lamont
10-15-2016, 10:03 PM
My girlfriend watched the postgame press conference and just started following State football the last 2 years:

"Dan Mullen is really a smug asshole"

All I could reply is- "yep"

TrapGame
10-15-2016, 10:13 PM
My girlfriend watched the postgame press conference and just started following State football the last 2 years:

Oh, one of those hotties behind the counter at Taco Bell?**

(Thought we needed a little levity on this thread.)

TrapGame
10-15-2016, 10:14 PM
It is what it is folks. I'm gonna shut up about Mullen and just let the season ride out. Ain't nothing we can do about.

maroonmania
10-15-2016, 10:21 PM

And the fact is, with the way SEC coaching salaries have gone, it will always cost you a bundle to get rid on one because nobody let's a coach get down to the last year of their contract before terminating and they are all making 3-4 million plus. Whether we change coaches or not we have got to more talent into the program. Right now we really only have enough overall talent to beat lower end SEC East teams.

shoeless joe
10-15-2016, 10:21 PM
This is frustrating. Dan really is a good coach and knows the things that can make us elite. But he seems to have checked out, which has hurt recruiting, and can't get over his connection to hev.

He's being quite the dumbass to be so smart.

BayouDawg
10-15-2016, 10:25 PM
This is frustrating. Dan really is a good coach and knows the things that can make us elite. But he seems to have checked out, which has hurt recruiting, and can't get over his connection to hev.

He's being quite the dumbass to be so smart.

I'm sure he's a really bright and intellectual guy, but he acts like doesn't have any common sense sometimes.

Gutter Cobreh
10-15-2016, 10:31 PM

Sounds like a smart woman. I couldn't help but think the same thing.

Homedawg
10-15-2016, 10:57 PM

If that makes you feel better cool. If I were here for rep points if be tossing shit out everyday. I'm not so I don't.

Todd4State
10-15-2016, 11:08 PM
And the fact is, with the way SEC coaching salaries have gone, it will always cost you a bundle to get rid on one because nobody let's a coach get down to the last year of their contract before terminating and they are all making 3-4 million plus. Whether we change coaches or not we have got to more talent into the program. Right now we really only have enough overall talent to beat lower end SEC East teams.

Agree. The money that is involved in football regarding coaches is just way out of hand.

Todd4State
10-15-2016, 11:11 PM
If that makes you feel better cool. If I were here for rep points if be tossing shit out everyday. I'm not so I don't.

I don't think anyone has ever debated that. Now, whether you are trolling or just here to be an ass is up for debate.

Reunion Dog
10-15-2016, 11:25 PM
I don't think anyone has ever debated that. Now, whether you are trolling or just here to be an ass is up for debate.

Bmp

TimberBeast
10-16-2016, 12:19 AM
I'm sure he's a really bright and intellectual guy, but he acts like doesn't have any common sense sometimes.

Exactly, that's a great, short way to put it.

bulldawg28
10-16-2016, 06:36 AM

I call BS. You don't have a girlfriend working at Taco Bell.