PDA

View Full Version : Red Zone Defense

HSVDawg
10-15-2016, 06:02 PM
Honest question, can anybody remember a drive in any of our 6 games where our opponent reached the red zone and failed to score a TD? I honestly can't think of a single time off the top of my head. Maybe Auburn last week when they were in cruise control on that field goal drive in the 2nd half, but I can't recall the distance.

For all the talk about Fitz, Holloway, Mullen's playcalling, etc., this seems to have gotten glossed over and is a huge weakness with this team. Strong red zone defense has been our calling card for the past 5 years at least, and it has been nonexistent this year. It's as much to blame as anything else in my book, as we have a lot of talent and experience on that side of the ball.

GTHOM
10-15-2016, 06:03 PM
Bend but dont break bro**

msstate7
10-15-2016, 06:05 PM
We're 13th in sec in opp RZ td conversion rate at 72.73%. Georgia #14 BTW after hiring defensive HC

Really Clark?
10-15-2016, 06:08 PM
Honest question, can anybody remember a drive in any of our 6 games where our opponent reached the red zone and failed to score a TD? I honestly can't think of a single time off the top of my head. Maybe Auburn last week when they were in cruise control on that field goal drive in the 2nd half, but I can't recall the distance.

For all the talk about Fitz, Holloway, Mullen's playcalling, etc., this seems to have gotten glossed over and is a huge weakness with this team. Strong red zone defense has been our calling card for the past 5 years at least, and it has been nonexistent this year. It's as much to blame as anything else in my book, as we have a lot of talent and experience on that side of the ball.

Opponents are 16 of 22 in red zone TD's.

Goldendawg
10-15-2016, 06:18 PM
What do you expect from our D? A new DC who has never been a full-time DC anywhere who is trying to put in a 3-4 D, a completely new D staff, what 5 DC's in 8 years because no one on D wants to work for Dan, best buddy O coaches who have lifetime tenure with Dan. Mix this with poor talent of whom we were the best or only SEC or better offer for most and a stubborn, selfish, know it all HC and we have the disaster we face today.

bulldawg28
10-15-2016, 07:30 PM
Gerri Green shouldn't need out there as a LB. He's lost and not physical. It amazes we the guys are never prepared for any play action pass in that area.

BulldogBear
10-15-2016, 07:51 PM
Yeah, we need a complete defensive theory overhaul.