PDA

View Full Version : The stars are aligning

PassInterference
10-15-2016, 03:38 PM
We are in good position to get a new head coach. We've shown that this school can win and compete. We've got some good pieces to build on. We aren't some massive rebuilding job that will scare people away.

Season's end will bring a lot of vacancies at big schools. Jimmy Sexton has ample opportunity to send Dan somewhere else. Maybe we could even reach agreement to waive the buyout for any Dan Mulken suitors.

Now if Dan decides to get real serious about recruiting, makes right with all the right people, and makes some tough decisions about his coaching staff - well, good. If not, let's not wait until the program is run into the ground.

The time is right to make a move. We've got a program worth selling to candidates and Dan has opportunity to go elsewhere.

This may seek sudden to a lot of people. It won't when we lose our last 4 games by 40 to 60 points each.

Indndawg
10-15-2016, 03:43 PM
Post of the Day.

DownwardDawg
10-15-2016, 03:44 PM
We will have a new coach next season.

maroonwhitedawg3ddd
10-15-2016, 03:52 PM
Totally agree it's COMING!!

Todd4State
10-15-2016, 03:57 PM
We will have a new coach next season.

And a new AD. Possibly a new baseball coach too. Lots of changes coming. I hope we hire an experienced AD like a Byrne to help us get rid of the country club atmosphere in the athletic dept and push some people to be the best we can be.

ShotgunDawg
10-15-2016, 03:57 PM
You have to win in February to win on Saturdays and Dan and his croonies have proven they aren't capable of doing it.

I realize that MSU is tougher to recruit to than Alabama, but as MSU share holders, we can't accept that.

I also realize that Mullen has recruited some great players to MSU but most of those were lower rated players that the major programs mis-evaluated and that's not a sustainable business model.

To me being a good recruiter is 1. Being able to effectively sell your program to kids with other top SEC offers, and 2. Recruiting the right players.

This staff has shown no ability to do that. John Hevesy may be one of the worst offensive lineman evaluators this conference has ever seen. I continue to laugh about how poorly he handled the Deon Mix situation and how Mix has never played a lick at Auburn. He was misevaluated as well.

maroonwhitedawg3ddd
10-15-2016, 03:59 PM
This may seek sudden to a lot of people. It won't when we lose our last 4 games by 40 to 60 points each.[/QUOTE]

Let's have a contest to see who can pick the closes combined Total over the last 4 games!!
The winner would get the STATUS hypothetically of being responsible for the shit canning of Danny BOY!! lol

Tripp McNeely
10-15-2016, 04:06 PM
We are in good position to get a new head coach. We've shown that this school can win and compete. We've got some good pieces to build on. We aren't some massive rebuilding job that will scare people away.

Season's end will bring a lot of vacancies at big schools. Jimmy Sexton has ample opportunity to send Dan somewhere else. Maybe we could even reach agreement to waive the buyout for any Dan Mulken suitors.

Now if Dan decides to get real serious about recruiting, makes right with all the right people, and makes some tough decisions about his coaching staff - well, good. If not, let's not wait until the program is run into the ground.

The time is right to make a move. We've got a program worth selling to candidates and Dan has opportunity to go elsewhere.

This may seek sudden to a lot of people. It won't when we lose our last 4 games by 40 to 60 points each.

The recruiting landscape in your own state is about to become infinitely easier as well

TrapGame
10-15-2016, 04:11 PM
Fantastic post PI.

MaroonFlounder
10-15-2016, 04:14 PM
Maroonwhitedawg3ddd may have everyone else here fooled, but not me. He's a unm mole, troll, asswipe.
E

Bothrops
10-15-2016, 04:17 PM
Only thing that sucks about Mullen potentially leaving is missing out on Keytaon Thompson. That is a program changer type qb.

gtowndawg
10-15-2016, 04:38 PM

Here, here my good man.

dawgday166
10-15-2016, 04:40 PM
When?

PassInterference
10-15-2016, 07:25 PM
Bump

WSOPdawg
10-15-2016, 07:34 PM
You have to win in February to win on Saturdays and Dan and his croonies have proven they aren't capable of doing it.

I realize that MSU is tougher to recruit to than Alabama, but as MSU share holders, we can't accept that.

I also realize that Mullen has recruited some great players to MSU but most of those were lower rated players that the major programs mis-evaluated and that's not a sustainable business model.

To me being a good recruiter is 1. Being able to effectively sell your program to kids with other top SEC offers, and 2. Recruiting the right players.

This staff has shown no ability to do that. John Hevesy may be one of the worst offensive lineman evaluators this conference has ever seen. I continue to laugh about how poorly he handled the Deon Mix situation and how Mix has never played a lick at Auburn. He was misevaluated as well.

I think the case could be made that had Mullen replaced Hevesy two years ago with an above-average OL coach who could decently recruit that we wouldn't be talking about the situation we're currently in as I think ALL of the skill players could allow for CDM to field an above-average offense. It all gets back to the offensive line recruiting and coaching!!!

maroonwhitedawg3ddd
10-16-2016, 06:04 AM
Maroonwhitedawg3ddd may have everyone else here fooled, but not me. He's a unm mole, troll, asswipe.
E

Don't have to explain myself to you but let's just say I'm one of the biggest State fans you'd ever meet pal. Been to the last 12 out of 13 bowl games only missed the cotton bowl against TEXAS when Ricky Williams ran all over are ass. So you sir know absolutely not a god Damn thing what your talking about!! Quit worrying yourself over 17ing Bear Trolls all the time and enjoy the fun of being on a msg board. I simply don't like the way Dan has let his program go south.. He should've been able to elevate our program even more after the Success he created instead he has simply shit the BED. So why don't you go pat his Rich ass on the back and tell him how great of a job he's doing because I sure as hell want.. By the way Did you enjoy Kelly Swag getting lit the 17 up on the last play of the game as much as i Did?? Hailstate and oh yea GTHOM!!!

sleepy dawg
10-16-2016, 07:04 AM
The 'stars aligning' should be reserved for things that actually mean success, like getting Cam Newton and winning a championship. Getting rid of a coach guarantees absolutely nothing... Were the stars aligning when Stansbury was about to get fired? Still waiting for all that success.

wayneland5025
10-16-2016, 08:02 AM
And a new AD. Possibly a new baseball coach too. Lots of changes coming. I hope we hire an experienced AD like a Byrne to help us get rid of the country club atmosphere in the athletic dept and push some people to be the best we can be.

Byrne was not an experienced AD when we hired him.

PassInterference
10-16-2016, 09:29 AM
The 'stars aligning' should be reserved for things that actually mean success, like getting Cam Newton and winning a championship. Getting rid of a coach guarantees absolutely nothing... Were the stars aligning when Stansbury was about to get fired? Still waiting for all that success.

I'm saying the stars are aligning to make a move. The time is this year.

Really Clark?
10-16-2016, 09:39 AM
I'm saying the stars are aligning to make a move. The time is this year.

Depends on the rest of the landscape. It could be there are so many openings that your talent pool is limited. I know many like Fleck, I do to if I can't get over his fake stuff but on the field he has done really well. But if what happens like we think he won't be close to being a serious candidate for us. So if there that many big openings, I'm not sure that is a star aligning in our favor situation